PDA

View Full Version : Any new seminars?

Ou Ji
11-02-2005, 09:42 AM
Any NPM seminars coming up next few months?

I'm looking to beef up my mantis a little but wasn't able to get to the Master Hu seminars. Soon as I recouperate financially from the last trip I'll be looking to plan some more travelling.

Three Harmonies
11-02-2005, 12:19 PM
You need to look around a bit bro! I have one in Indy on November 13th, working on Shuai skill sin Mantis. Hu Laoshi is doing one in BC Dec 10-11th as well. That is about it until next year. Mike Martello Laoshi will be here the first weekend in Feb. 2006. His only US stop!

Cheers
Jake :D

Ou Ji
11-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Hmm, I might be heading to SF in Feb. and can't afford 2 trips in one month. Guess I need to make a decision.

Post the details when they become available and maybe we'll be meeting. Of course I might show up under a different name so you'll never know. :)

-N-
11-02-2005, 08:30 PM
Hmm, I might be heading to SF in Feb. and can't afford 2 trips in one month. Guess I need to make a decision.Ou Ji, you are hooking up with people in SF for training?

N.

Three Harmonies
11-02-2005, 09:06 PM
Ouji
Take a look around the board, all info has been posted.
Thanks

Michael Dasargo
11-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Ou Ji,

SAY YES! You have plans to hook up with -N-. You won't regret it! Training with -N- is as addictive as crack! I mean...what I had heard was....*scratches neck*

I think I need another hit. I may plan on taking my S.O. out to the Bay for Valentines weekend...maybe we can make plans to contrast Hong Hou Quan with the simian based Zong Se Hou Pai.

-N-
11-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Hey Mike, sounds good. Will plan for you being here in Feb.

You better take care of the g.f. though. Or else, Mantis and Choy Li Fut will have to fight on the trip back to S.D. hahaha.

N.

p.s. your two dollah fitty cent be in the mail :)

GeneChing
11-03-2005, 10:37 AM
That's what it's there for. It's a free service. And postings on the forums drop off after a spell. Postings on the calendar (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php) can make it into the print magazine (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Kungfu_Magazine.html) if they're timely enough.

Ou Ji
11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
-N-
Yep, CLF in SF. That is IF I go. There's a situation developing that parallels somewhat the situation at the last place I trained. I'm a little rough around the edges when it comes to people skills sometimes. So, you're in SF? What do you have going on in Feb.?

Three Harmonies
Sorry, I was lazy. I knew there was info around here but I've been out of pocket for a week and was hoping for direct info instead of having to sift for gold. Maybe BTL can make us a sticky thread strictly for seminar info so it's easy to find.

Michael Dasargo
Monkey around in SF? Could be a plan. I'll let you know when I firm up the travel plans.

Ou Ji
11-03-2005, 10:46 AM
That's what it's there for. It's a free service. And postings on the forums drop off after a spell. Postings on the calendar (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php) can make it into the print magazine (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Kungfu_Magazine.html) if they're timely enough.

Boy do we feel dumb. :eek:

Michael Dasargo
11-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Hey Ouji,

I didn't know you trained CLF! My significant nagger..I mean other trains Lem Lineage Hung Sing CLF. She usually sits and counts the grass while -N- and I get carried away for about 4 hours (which I usually cut short..if not -N- would go for 6-8 like a full time friggin job).

Just so you know, the Brown Monkey Style was created by my great grand uncle's "ungoy" in Chinatown Manila (Phillipines) and specializes in the "monkey-mud flinging palm", and "Brown Monkey Gathers the Coconuts".

M.

-N-
11-03-2005, 02:17 PM
So, you're in SF? What do you have going on in Feb.?SF Bay area. Nothing special going on. Just the usual classes, but if we have guests, we like to make it worth their while to stop by. If you want to bring a couple hundred bucks and call it a seminar, that's fine, hahaha... But really, all that is necessary is to bring your Wu De :)

N.

Three Harmonies
11-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Ou Ji
No worries bro! Hope you can make it to any of the events, look forward to meeting you.
Cheers
Jake :)

Ou Ji
11-03-2005, 04:28 PM
I'm not a lineage buff so you got me stumped on the Lem lineage CLF. I've picked up some Hung Sing from Lee Koon Hung and Lau Bun lines.

I'm kinda wanting to get to the seminar in NM though because, well, I just like NM. I know I'll get there sooner or later.

Maybe I should just take a long drive around the country and visit all you guys. :)

*edit* Just found the website - http://www.choylayfut.com/

yu shan
11-04-2005, 08:33 AM
I have attended many many seminars in my day. Most if not all had favorable outcomes. In my younger days I really enjoyed these seminars. Probably because they were predominately forms, and that was were my head was at. At this stage of my life, my emphasis is not so much into the forms training.

But if given the choice between seminar or one on one "visit", I`d have to go with this great gesture by -N- . I`m pretty darn sure you will benefit far greater spending the day with -N- then a seminar, JMO.

Man, bad time for airline ticket prices! Someday I would really enjoy coming out west and meeting all you guys. And if anyone is passing thru feel free to drop me a line... mi casa es su casa.

BTW, New Mexico is a great state, I get there every chance I get. Hook up with Jake, he is a good teacher. And for what it`s worth, taught one of the better seminars I have attended... well done.

Ou Ji
11-04-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things. Been out too long between health issues and injuries among other things. Trying to get motivated again. I'm sure either one will be a real benefit.

If I go to SF I'm sure I'll take a day out to visit -N-. I'm just not real sure the original SF deal is something I want to move forward with since it's beginning to remind me of a past experience that turned me away from another school.

Three Harmonies
11-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks Yu Shan! My days in NM may be limited so if anyone wants to visit....do it now.
Cheers

Radplaiddude
11-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Jake where you headed to wash dc perhaps. RAD

Three Harmonies
11-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Not sure yet, but can say with confidence it will NOT be DC!
Cheers