PDA

View Full Version : Eucommia Ulmoides has the ability to quit smoking

Zhael
11-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Eucommia Ulmoides is an ancient Chinese herb with near miraculous powers that is beneficial to those who are trying to quit smoking.

It has long been considered equal to (or better than) the major tonic herbs, such as ginseng, but is relative scarcity has kept it from becoming more well known. In fact, about three thousand years ago, legendary Chinese Herbalist SHEN NONG wrote about it in the pharmacopoeia of Chinese herbs.

The Eucommia Ulmoides leaf has always been valued for long-term use. In recent decades, Eucommia has been the subject of much scientific research, including stop-smoking studies. In traditional Chinese herbalism, Eucommia Ulmoides was revered as a balancing and regulating longevity herb, believed to enhance the vital energies and increase the essence.*

One company has produced a product that contains Eucommia Ulmoides specifically to people who wants to quit smoking. This company have discovered this can help you get over your addiction to NICOTINE and stop smoking by aiding the body's own healing mechanism through the restoration of harmony and balance.

herb ox
11-08-2005, 08:00 PM
... everyone knows Shen Nong had a long history of trying to curb his awful cigarrette habit :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, this better not be a pitch for an alternative 'herbal' smoking product designed to curb your addiction. Oddly enough, I found nearly the EXACT words that you wrote on hundreds of other website forums promoting a product that costs over a hundred bucks for a pack of these herbal smokes. Including the product website itself. See for yourself - (http://www.google.com/search?q=eucommia+smoking&btnG=Search&hl=en&lr=&safe=off)

Like a good Herb Ox, I dutifully searched the academic / medical literature for anything even closely related - I could not find a single article linking Eucommia to smoking cessation. Nor can I find any reference to this quality in my humble collection of Chinese materia medical texts.

How do you know your statements to be true?

eagerly anticipating your reply,

herb ox