PDA

View Full Version : CLF vid clip

iron_silk
11-08-2005, 02:34 PM
I found this online here is the link:

http://www.kungfuwushu.asso.fr/Videos/choylifut.mpg

I am not sure what set this is, maybe Siu Miu Fa, and the way he ends the set is seems similar to a hung gar salute.

What you guys think?

TenTigers
11-08-2005, 02:50 PM
yep-siu moi fa, but it looks a bit wushumatized.

Fu-Pow
11-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Wow...totally different than the Siu Mui Fah that I know.

iron_silk
11-08-2005, 03:28 PM
yeah I think this version is closer to the chan family.

in fact it's quite different from my version but close enough in "general" that I got the impression it is Siu Miu Fa.

I agree. He does it the way wushu people would do NanQuan...a little bit at least.

Chief Fox
11-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Good... Adaptation... Improvisation... But his weakness isn't his technique.

iron_silk
11-08-2005, 05:15 PM
I have a link for another Siu Miu Fa:

http://www.w1f.net/download.php?id=337

This time I know this person is from Vancouver CLF, his version is actually a little different from the one I am use to but only in the way it is played.

CLFNole
11-08-2005, 06:44 PM
I have a copy of that demo and the entire group he was with played their CLF in a wushu style. A couple of them even did a wushu 2-man weapon set. The groups CLF was much different from everyone else but was still CLF. One of them did sheung garp dan tow kwun and was virtually the same as the set I know except his staff was way too short.

Mika
11-09-2005, 12:33 PM
What do I know, but the first clip looked a little better than the second. I didn't really see any Wushu in either one. Sure, maybe they weren't very powerful, but maybe these guys aren't fighters, only form players. Nothing wrong with that, though. And on the second one, the guy was only 17. Quick feet, both.

CLFNole
11-09-2005, 01:05 PM
I liked the 2nd clip much better although he played the set a little slow for my taste. I like CLF to flow a bit faster but that is the beauty of martial arts, each person has their own interpretation and style. He was nice and clean though and had good stances and focus.

Peace.

Eddie
11-10-2005, 07:26 AM
I agree those two kids were pretty good. I like both their styles.