PDA

View Full Version : Info on Vince Black...

KrAzy FiLiPino
02-13-2001, 07:14 AM
Can anyone give me any information on him? What style(s) he teaches? I've seen his name thrown around a few times on here. There is a school here but I have yet to call or drop by, although I plan to. All it says in the phone book is "Vince Black OMD LAc". Don't know if it's an affiliate or run by him. Any help is appreciated.

Peace

Darylhttp://cwm.ragesofsanity.com/s/cwm/silly.gif

LaoGo
02-13-2001, 08:15 AM
That's Vince alright. I have heard that he no longer teaches. He is the doctor in the ad.

Rockwood
02-14-2001, 12:47 AM
As I understand it, Dr. Black is founder of the North American Tang Shou Tao Association. Their association practices Xingyiquan (Hsu Hong Ji style), Baguazhang (Li Zi Ming style and Gao Yi Sheng style) as well as Taijiquan. Dr Black is a powerful and respected martial artist and doctor of Chinese Medicine. Hes also a real nice guy.

-Jesss

KrAzy FiLiPino
02-14-2001, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I'm trying to find out who teaches in my city since most don't advertise. I'm really interested in learning Baguazhang...

Peace

Daryl

MonkeySlap Too
02-14-2001, 02:54 AM
I've never seen him do martial arts, but at the 1992 internationals in Orlando he came up to me and volunteered to adjust my neck. I thought I was having an allergic reaction. It turns out I wasn't, it was just my neck bones needing adjustment.

The funny part was, he offered Shiatzu treatment, the next thing I knew he adjusted my neck. My first reation was motherf...hey, I feel great!

I am a big beleiver in luck. The more I work, the more luck I have.

Water Dragon
02-14-2001, 02:59 AM
Call him,
If he's no longer teaching, I'm sure he can find you someone he will be good for you. Either a former student or another teacher. Most good Kung Fu guy's move in circles and are known by each other. If he recommends someone, go to that person. Even if it's a style you're not interested in.

Most good guy's will recommend a good fighter and teacher from any system before they'll recommend a mediochre teacher of your chosen style. I learned that one the hard way.

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

fiercest tiger
02-14-2001, 03:02 AM
there was a guy here in australia in the 80's that used this name he was called dean reiner or something, he may be of the same school.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

wujidude
02-14-2001, 07:35 PM
Contact David DeVere: david@emptyflower.com. He's from Arizona (now in LA) and has met Vince Black and probably can fill you in more on what's up--including suggestions for teachers of bagua. The other suggestion, to contact Dr. Black himself and ask for recommendations, is a good one too.

cha kuen
02-19-2001, 08:18 PM
Vince Black is a classmate of Mike Patterson. I think Black is the siheng. They are both very good.