PDA

View Full Version : 8 Step role call - where to learn

Ou Ji
11-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Politics aside, where can I get a taste of 8 Step Mantis?

I know Earth Dragon in upstate NY. Possibly a good place to start since I'm on the verge of a Qi Quest and there's a Qigong Master near him.

Paul Lin is where, CA?

Su Yu Chang in NYC?

James Shyun - skip since I can't afford the money or controversy.

All this 8 Step talk has me interested in learning a little. Please either post contact info here or by PM.

Thanks.

yu shan
11-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Great to hear Ou Ji, Ba Bu Tanglang is an awesome style!

Paul Lin use to be in Los Angeles (I miss him posting here)

Tony Puyot is in San Diego.

There is some guys down in Alabama (Birmingham I think)

Good luck and keep us posted.

EarthDragon
11-09-2005, 02:36 PM
Ouji, glad to hear your interest. Would you be comming here to met my qigong teacher? Yen Chu Feng (Angela)? she lives with me. The reason I ask is she is world famous and known by many. And the only qigong master in NY with the acception of NYC. right now she is in tibet but will be returing home in a few weeks. How did you hear about her?

Also if you are interested in 8 step you have a free month comming from me. As others have said there are other 8 step schols out there. in the ACMAF btu beware of the politics and BS hidden charges.

Alabama
California
Florida
Iowa
Missouri
New Jersey
New York
South Dakota
Texas

may I ask why you are changing? and where you plan on moving too?

and is it indeed Angela my teacher you are speaking of?

Ou Ji
11-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Whoa, you guys are reading way too much into this.

Ok, I'm not switching to another style, just exploring what's out there. I'm not moving anywhere either. Just trying to plan out my travels which are getting more and more prevelant these days.

I learn what I can, where I can, when I can so until I land somewhere that totally blows me away I'll stay freelance.

EarthDragon
I heard about your Qigong teacher from you, actually your posts. And if I can swing a 1 month stay in your area I'll take you up on the free class. :)

Since I'm about to embark on a Qi Quest plus I'm looking to beef up my Mantis your area sounded like a good place to visit.

I was also hoping to get to the Lama seminar in NYC this month but I'm currently tapped out from the last trip.

EarthDragon
11-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Ouji, Ok I thought you were talking about relocating via work or your Qi quest. Not out of the ordinary for me as I quit my career with Kraft Foods, sold my car and moved to S.F wihtout knowing anyone and having only met in person my teacher once. I bought a one way tickect and had to ask directions to the school from a cabdriver so I was totaly lost but was on a mission to become a shrfu and obtain elightenment but still need a few weeks to work on that.:p . its much harder. LOL

But I can assure you will not regret just meeting master Yen, her mere presence and wealth of knowledge is undescribable. Also just for fun you can slide a steel wire through your leg to attest of her powers as no one can understandb just how high level her skill is.....

Again you have a place to crash and a school to train. be well

yu shan
11-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Umm no I was not reading way too much into your post. Just giving out a tidbit of information to help.

Floating around like a little butterfly eh.

BeiTangLang
11-10-2005, 09:21 AM

Somebody video that for me! LOL!
(but please don't send it!!! :D )

Ou Ji
11-10-2005, 10:59 AM

Nope, crawling around like a Little Mantis. :D

yu shan
11-10-2005, 11:42 AM
There ya go.

OT, just had to relocate a mantid from the backyard to the front. My dogs kept bothering her. She`d always assume the position though ready for a fight.

Ou Ji
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
What technique did you use to subdue her for the relocation? :)