I would appreciate if someone could tell
me the characteristics of the Hebei style
of Xingyiquan.

Thank you.

Regards,
Wai

Eight Diagram Boxer
02-13-2001, 03:39 PM
My teacher says that the Hebei style is (hard to explain) less compact than Henan which is smaller, meaning your arms are out ****her in Hebei. The other style (name I forget, but someone else will know) is much lower in stance than Hebei. I'll get back to you with more, but that's a REAL general idea.

Knowing others is wisdom, Knowing the self is enlightenment- Lao Tzu

baji-fist
02-14-2001, 11:06 AM
Hebei Xing I Quan style varies from other styles in that it uses Bagua footwork. Also an emphasis is placed on the Five elements.

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

dz
02-14-2001, 11:30 AM
Now I have the general idea of the
characteristics of Hebei Xingyi.
More into depth describtions are also
welcome!

Thanks guys!

Regards,
Wai

RickMatz
02-14-2001, 10:52 PM
Has anyone seen/reviewed the 10 VCD set of the Hebei XingYi material at Jarek Symanski's website?

Best Regards,

Rick Matz

Discipline is remembering what you want.

shaolin_allan
04-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Hebei style xingyiquan is actually the most compact of xingyiquan branches. It uses quick and short jolts of power and follows the 5 main elements as well as animals of northern shaolin

Wong Ying Home
04-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Visit www.emptyflower.com for more detailed explanations of the main branches and attributes of Hsing Yi.

shaolin_allan
04-25-2006, 10:06 PM
your emptyflower.com site looks great and it's the best internal site i've seen on the internet so far. I've studied about xingyi and read this. Hebei emphasises powerful fist and palm strikes, with slightly different evasive footwork then Shanxi style. Also it's stance is a little more open as well. Both the Shanxi and Hebei schools use a Twelve Animal system with Five Elements.

Brad
04-26-2006, 07:03 AM
This thread is old as dirt...