PDA

View Full Version : 2046

doug maverick
11-14-2005, 10:36 AM
just had another fight call for my film this week(shouts to shaolin lueb for coming through) anyway while i was on my way there i was watching the wong kar wai flick 2046 it was interesting,but you could see where not having a full script hurts the story. i think the actress's body language was to much in some of the scene's, it reminded me of the old may west films. but other then that a good film, i could totally relate with tony luengs character as i'm sure all writer/artist can. we're all the same ****** when comes to the opposite sex, unless you're married then you're just doomed so screw you(hahaha). anyway i also picked up seven swords it's on vcd so i have to find some time when i have two hour and a half to kill so i can watch straight through, at least i have subs. okay later for now!!!!!

Shaolinlueb
11-14-2005, 11:52 AM
waddap man, good to meet you.

there is a new movie that donnie yen choreographed. called S.P.L.. look it up. hear it puts everything else to shame.
film by wilson yip (did bio zombies and skyline cruisers to anem a few if im correct)
sammo hong, simon yam, donnie yen are all in it.

doug maverick
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
i've been waiting for that film since it was finished in early 04, it's not coming here till like january!

doug maverick
11-14-2005, 05:15 PM
it's funny cause when me and jerry were talking about the fights in may we had the idea of mixing kung fu with jiu jitsu/ chin na type grappling, but after i heard it was in Sha Po Lang, i didn't want to be accused of ripping donnie of but we're still going to have some stuff like that in there. see ya sunday.

Shaolinlueb
11-15-2005, 11:47 AM
It's showing in some thearter out in Cali man. sucks to be us on east coast.
I dont think the chin na thing is really too new to donnie yen though. Sammo fights have had a lot of it in the past if i remember correctly. but leave it to donnie yen to come up withg reat stuff.

GeneChing
12-14-2007, 12:56 PM
...aren't degrees the first thing they look at during an audition?

Hong Kong director Wong Kar-wai says he never finished degree (http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/009200712121652.htm)

Hong Kong (AP): Acclaimed Hong Kong art-house director Wong Kar-wai said Wednesday he never completed his higher education.

Wong revealed the fact after receiving an honorary degree from Open University of Hong Kong.

He said he studied graphic design at the Hong Kong Polytechnic _ now known as the Hong Kong Polytechnic University _ but only finished two years of a four-year program before dropping out to take a directing course at local broadcaster TVB.

``The choice then was should I finish my degree, or should I do what I really want to do. I decided to go to TVB,'' he said.

Wong said he didn't regret this decision. ``Degrees are one thing. But the important thing is whether you are doing what you want to do,'' he said.

Wong is known for his stylish movies that use moody visuals and melancholy soundtracks. His credits include ``Chungking Express,'' ``In the Mood for Love,'' and ``Happy Together,'' which earned him best director at the Cannes Film Festival in 1997.

He recently made his English debut with ``The Blueberry Nights,'' which features singer Norah Jones, Jude Law, Natalie Portman and Rachel Weisz.

Wong said he is currently working on dubbing the film in Chinese for its release in mainland China on Dec. 22.

Asked if famed Chinese actress Gong Li and actor Jiang Wen were among the stars recording the Chinese dialogue, as had been reported, Wong said, ``it's not only them. There are many others. We'll announce the actors later.''

doug maverick
12-14-2007, 01:39 PM
ha i had something similar. i was only at the school of visual arts for two semesters before dropping out to work in theatre and later film.