PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Style Chin Na VCD

fiercest tiger
11-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Has anyone seen the Tiger style chin na VCDs, I saw one vcd only i think there is more its a main land china and the master is wearing a yellow kung fu uniform. Do you kno where i can by the set from? Also does it have any other training of this system with out the chin na like chi kung and conditioning, strecthing/

Im intersted to see the rest!!

FT:)

Ben Gash
11-15-2005, 04:22 AM
The second set on this page http://www.cmaod.com/ChinNa.html is the only one I know of that's anywhere near your description.

fiercest tiger
11-15-2005, 04:34 AM
Thanks mate,

Its the last 3 dvds on the right hand side. I saw something on the VCD that caught my eye and wanted to see if they have any more of what he was doing as it was a few seconds of a training exercise.

thanks again
Garry

Steronius
11-16-2005, 12:38 PM
some torrent links to a few chin na vids
http://www.kungfu-torrents.com/tracker/torrents-search.php?search=chin+na&cat=0&cat=0&incldead=0

David Jamieson
11-16-2005, 12:40 PM
I personally would grab the military and police material given the choice. Reason being, it's what get's used on a regular basis and likely of all the chin na techs available, I would think the military and police versions would tend to cut to the quick and focus on teh high percentage materials.

fiercest tiger
11-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Hi David.

I am not after learning the actual Chin Na but i saw an exercise at the beginning that i wanted more information and was wondering if they have a section on it in the other VCD's.

Its like doing tiger push ups, but they keep there body off the ground and loosns the spine in a swimming motion very fast and loose. I do this standing up or in a chair for the Hei Gong to get the pumps working but this was good as it will also strengthen the arms ad well other muscular parts. I basically wanted know what esle they were doing for losening up the body to be soft. I know heaps of chin na but not interested in that at all. There was a few seconds of the exercise that caght my eye!

cheers
Garry

Ben Gash
11-17-2005, 04:44 AM
I always love that assumption. Military and police techniques work on what can be learned quickly and sustained with a minimal level of training, not necessarily what works best. If you watch footage of police on a saturday night, they're actually not that good at control and restraint. They never develop sensitivity or footwork, so the effectiveness of their technique is severely limited.

David Jamieson
11-17-2005, 07:00 AM
Well Ben, your police are a bunch of gits whereas Chinese police who make training videos are badass.

I've never seen a british martial arts training video for police.

I have seen stuff from the Chinese though. It's pretty good. I'd like to compare, but I can't.

It's not an assumption by the way, I like Chin Na practice as much as the next guy and the improbable, impractical stuff gets tossed faster than a used condom. :p

ie: if i drill it and can't make it work live after a suitable amount of time in analysis and drilling, then I can safely come to teh conclusion that the technique is bollocks. I have found a lot of things that are this way. I can't be bothered with techniques that cannot be applied, they're simply a waste of time.

anyway, just saying I'd prefer the police material over the the other stuff.