PDA

View Full Version : Hi y'all! A newb here.

Jumpin'Sidekick
11-15-2005, 12:17 PM
This is my first post, although I registered a long time ago. I've had an interest in the martial arts for a long time, but I truly started in this september in shaolin kung fu. I have been training a few months and it was easier and harder than I first thought. I already knew alot about many different MA and how different principles are used in combat (all the different ranges: long, medium, close and groundwork). To be honest I've been in the verge of physical conflict but I've always managed to get a hold of myself aswell of others.
The place where I train in offers to learn practical and authentic chinese martial arts techniques and principles and we learn how to use them in combat aswell. There are two senior instructors and if any of them is absent for some reason then a more experienced student is put in charge of the training session, which usually lasts for 1.5 to 2 hours. We learn traditional aswell as sport wushu. I train 3 times a week, but it is possible to train 6 times a week. The head instructor once said that only with forms one cannot be successful in real combat. Sparring is neccecary. In our system there are no belts, only ranks that define the skill requirements as the student progresses in training. We also learn full contact kick-boxing style sparring which at the beginner level is not yet taught. Right now we learn the basics because they are the most important part of the training and ofcourse are and must be thaught at the beginner level.
By the way if I seem to have any consistency problems in this post then the only excuse is that I'm tired right now of school and aswell of the training.

Mega_Fist
11-15-2005, 03:29 PM
I mean, all I was wondering is- will there ever be born a man who can run faster than a leopard?

And I don't know the answer to that.

Wong Fei Hong
11-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Great stuff, welcome to the forum, i see youve already met our little resident troll, he was out of his cage when you posted .
Hope you find a wealth of information to help out in your training, but im sure that more often than not you will find things among others sucha s 62 page threads on why kung fu is not in the ufc , photos of female sumo wrestlers and cute chicks that can bench more than us and last but definately not least perverted twisted lyrics to the ducktales cartoons in other languages.
Oh and sometimes we talk about kung fu too

aikido_student4
11-15-2005, 08:44 PM
hey i joined not to long ago but i have been in MA for 10 years. I just wanted to welcome you and congradulate you for joining MA and i hope you have a great experiance

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-16-2005, 08:04 AM
welcome aboard.

just remember not to fu ck my grandmother.

im serious. leave my grandma alone.

PangQuan
11-16-2005, 10:52 AM
I mean, all I was wondering is- will there ever be born a man who can run faster than a leopard?

And I don't know the answer to that.

no, not without genetic manipulation, or performance altering substances.