PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Phoenix Dance of China

fiercest tiger
11-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Has anyone see or heard of the Phoenix Dance kinda like Lion Dance but rare? Does anyone have footage i could see or info i could read?

Not unicorn, but Phoenix dance?

Thanks in advance.

Garry:)

ChinoXL
11-16-2005, 06:00 PM
phenoix dance? i'm chinese and i've never even heard of it my life ._. u sure ur not talkin about dragon dance? lols

Ou Ji
11-16-2005, 06:07 PM
I've seen the chinese peac0ck dance but it's nothing like Lion Dance. It's more like ballet.

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~cdt/gallery/details.php?image_id=51

fiercest tiger
11-16-2005, 06:13 PM
No its not a Dragon dance, its a One man suite of a phoenix and on the arms is wings with razors for fighting. I heard its for luck it might be of HAKKA origin!?

It also looks like american native indian suite!

FT

Ou Ji
11-16-2005, 06:31 PM
Roc Dance maybe? Isn't a Roc like aa Phoenix?

http://www.chinavista.com/experience/dance/dai.html

Maybe you can track these people down -

East Of England Chinese Association
Tuesday, 12th February, 2002 at Commodore, Nottingham.

The evening begins with a Lion dance to welcome the Sheriff of Nottingham and the Chinese Ambassador.
There will then be speeches from both guests and a presentation of flowers,
followed by a another Lion dance
and a Phoenix dance

fiercest tiger
11-16-2005, 06:37 PM
If anyone is chinese and look under chinese search engines for us as i cant read chinese ahhhhhhh!

That would be much appreciated!!

I remember jet lee doing a chicken dance but i guess thats not teh same?

Garry

ChinoXL
11-17-2005, 03:27 AM
Well I've been to a Hakka reigon.. becuz my grandmothers side from my mom is all hakka... and i didn't see any.. :rolleyes: however i saw alotta dogs.. just chillin in da streets.. as much as pplz :eek:

brothernumber9
11-17-2005, 02:49 PM
are you talking about Kay Lun or Pei Yao dance? I think Lung Ying Pai in NYC does Kay Lun. I've heard of but never seen Pei Yao. Post on the southern board and you will probably get your answer, if not, then post on the lion dance forum at forumco.hungkuen.net and someone will probably know there.