PDA

View Full Version : tainan, southern taiwan

FranklinFick
11-18-2005, 12:39 AM
Hi,

i just moved to tainan and was wondering if anyone could help

so far i have not seen any kung fu and was wondering what teachers where in the area or where classes are taking place

thanks for any help

franklin

GermanMantis
11-18-2005, 12:59 AM
Hi Franklin,

ask Mr. Brazier ( here as "K.Brazier"). He teaches in Tainan, as far as i know.
Good luck an happy training!
Grettings
Chris

FranklinFick
11-18-2005, 01:30 AM
thanks

i believe that he mentioned that he was moving back to the states in a recent thread.

he also mentioned that some classes took place outside the university on the main throughfare... my wife's parents live right by a major univeristy (Chen Kung) and so far i have not seen anyone practicing anything besides basketball and baseball.....
:(

Franklin

yu shan
11-18-2005, 05:45 AM
Franklinflick

There is plenty there. Look up Shr Zhengzhong, I`m going to try and get you some info. Tainan is a great city, enjoy your stay.

daohong
11-29-2005, 11:59 PM
i sent you a private message.

GruBianca
11-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Tainan shouldn't be too far from Xiluo a place famous for some shaolin masters (7) who settled over there many decades ago. Now there should still be some generation practicing.
There was an article or thread on that here in Kungfu magazine somewhere. :)

Good luck over there, Taiwan is nice.

Luca

JTEAMantis
12-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi Franklin,
If you really want to learn mantis and you plan to be in Tainan for some time you should call my teacher Shi Zheng Zhong. I am his third American student, there are some clips of him doing Kung Fu under the videos section. I will give you my kung Fu brothers email if you want to follow up. Contact me at joshc@jteainternational.com
His tuition is somewhat spendy but overall if you put the work in it can be worth it. Take care,
Josh

mantid1
12-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Maybe he gives more and better information than most. In reality that would give you more bang for your buck.

18elders
12-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey Josh, nice to see you online, i am about out of my tea. Do you have a web address for your tea company?

Lu Bu
12-07-2005, 08:50 PM
...you take the advice of others in this thread, and train with Shr Zhengzhong. You will be glad you did.