PDA

View Full Version : extracting applications

Sifu Darkfist
11-20-2005, 08:08 AM
lets use this thread to post short vids or to argue over applications and their effectivness in real or in the san shou ring.

Heal kick to the mid thigh muscle extremely useful in the san shou ring. how do you feel?

Btw this is in response to the application complaint thread in kung fu forum.

Ou Ji
11-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Cool, maybe we can resurect the discussion of the behind the leg kick at the end of the first run of Bung Bo. :)

Another good discussion might be apps from the 2-man 18 Elders since the Pong Lai version was recently posted.

yu shan
11-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh no..... not the kick behind the leg!;) Ou Ji I never could bring the 18 elders vid up, but I have it anyway. I really do not like this form, and if it were up to me, it would be taught before Bengbu JMO.

Sifu Darkfist
11-20-2005, 06:48 PM
what is your fav five (mei Hua) maybe i had better make it clearer. Mei Hua has five petals in intermediate or seven in the advanced, each petal represents part of a combination. The essence of Praying mantis tenacity among fighters is the simple fact that they are not one two or one two three men they are one 2,3,4,5,
or 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 Mei Hua is beautiful in every way

to train a barrage of comfortable strikes progessively closing the gap from weapons to feet to fists to elbows knees head butt then throw etc in a barrage of 5 or 7 ok lets say that i know this is review for most but there are young men out there that need this and are not getting it because of Muhuhahahahahahahahahahahaha
the evil secrets.:D

Sifu Darkfist
11-21-2005, 08:57 AM
what the hell is this nutcase talking about ? Ok i am asking what 5 or seven moves do you think go together like peas and carrots ? for the ring i would have to say low kickand jab at same time land with jab to one punch right, then lock up for abrupt impact throw, that is of the five variety, ill do seven later :)

yu shan
11-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Oh yea, remember I am sworn to secrecy, our techniques must not be revealed. ;)

EarthDragon
11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
To me personally I absolutly love (Sobei)
if you are not familar..... it works off a right punch....

it is a right side block mantis gou, followed immedialty by a back fist to the cheekbone circled downward into a groin strike then step to a crossing leg while upward forearm strike under the chin at the side of the carroid artery taking your opponent sspirlaing to the ground.

The reason I use it so much is its so effective and quick. also it has so many weapons. if your oppent blocks the BF then you still have the groin strike and carroid strike and throw.
if he is so quick and skilled he is able to block the BF , and then the groin strike you still have the carroid strike and throw. It is a A.B.C.D application. Applied for fighting another skilled martial artist. Most techniques are A.B or A.B.C however this one has 4 floow ups. truley one of the most effective apps. I have seen.

Sifu Darkfist
11-21-2005, 04:00 PM
I hope you dont mind if this old man passes on the actual hands on demonstration of that. Sounds awesome

In our second set of single excersize movements we have a real simple abc. Its great for newbies to use and be successful.
left foot forward monkey stance (fighting stance) left hand at ready chin height right hand closed door. Jab inside there jab (not part of the move then lean into bow stance punch straight up to face or throat with right axtended arm , hiding face behind arm for protection. snap left arm into mid section from waist holding position and snap into a horse stance timed perfectly. then as he retaliates toward your face push his arm down with right and snap backfist with protruding knuckles into eyeball. Muhuhuhuhuhuhhhahahahahahahahahahha:eek: