PDA

View Full Version : Fight Vid clip [ not to shabby ]

Ernie
11-21-2005, 09:35 AM
http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2707&mode=nested&order=0&thold=-1

have fun breaking this one down , looks like everyone is picking up a little skill these days ;)

Mortal1
11-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm suprised you feel that way. I didn't see any skill.

Matrix
11-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Certainly the guy with the dark hair looked solid. He moved well with solid balance and could hit cleanly down the middle. I think Ernie's comment of "not too shabby" is appropriate.

Zhuge Liang
11-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Actually, it looked pretty obvious to me that both dudes have been in their fair share of fights. Only guy with the hair was the better technician, being able to move more precisely, had much better timing, and was able to keep centered throughout the whole fight. In fact, the only reason he was gassing was because he got a little overzealous pounding the skinhead. Had he not worked himself up beating on the other guy, he would barely have broken a sweat. That's not to say the skinhead was a chump. He had the ferocity and the fearlessness, and a bit of seasoning too. I'm betting he won more fights than he lost. Only this day, he met up with someone who had all that and much better discipline.

Just my take. I could be wrong,

Alan

Donkwoon
11-21-2005, 10:52 AM
That was interesting to watch but sure was'nt kung-fu. Was it some sort of Nazi challange fight?

Also, that sight is kinda messed up. I could not click on the other stuff that they offer and it also opened me up to an annoying spam attack.

Matrix
11-21-2005, 10:56 AM
That was interesting to watch but sure was'nt kung-fu. Was it some sort of Nazi challange fight? The name of the clip is "Skinhead VS Gangster". You have to realize that there are lots of guys who can fight who think that Kung Fu is just an old TV show.

Mortal1
11-21-2005, 01:06 PM
To me was just throwing bombs a little faster then the other guy. But his speed was nothing to write home about. Being good at minature golf is skill to.

I guess the phrase a "little skill" is appropriate. :p

Matrix
11-21-2005, 01:27 PM
To me was just throwing bombs a little faster then the other guy. But his speed was nothing to write home about. Being good at minature golf is skill to.I got the impression that there was a lot of power behind his strikes. He was dilberate and had decent forward energy. Speed is not the most important factor in all cases. Otherwise the fastest will always win, and I tend to think that's not the case. Trying to trivialize this guy by comparing it to mini-golf is just silly. :rolleyes:

Mortal1
11-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm just a silly guy! :p

Chief Fox
11-21-2005, 02:52 PM
When ever I see videos like that I always think "how would I fight this guy?"

It's pretty obvious that the guy has a lot of power so I probably couldn't stand toe to toe with him. I'd have to be faster and more agile in order to get inside. Once I did I would probably take some shots at his legs. But I'm sure that he would try to take me down. So i would have to move a lot to just stay away from his bombs and potential takedowns. I've been throwing a hook punch a lot lately. We call it a pentration punch in class. You throw it with the palm facing out so you're striking the temple with the knuckles. Seeing how all this guy did was throw the right handed bomb I would try to block and then counter with the penetration punch. Hopefully stun him long enough to go grab the swastica flag and drape it over his head. Then I would just pummle him. :D

Ernie
11-21-2005, 03:47 PM
http://www.heaven666.org/videos/streetfight-highkick-378.php

wow and this has the deadly eye gouge and everything !!! :eek:

Chief Fox
11-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Dude, that wasn't exactly "safe for work". How about a heads up next time. I wish we had a better angle on that final round house though. I saw some deffinate opportunities in there for the guy in white to to drop the other guy. He eventually did so it doesn't matter.

Ernie
11-21-2005, 04:09 PM
ha ha man you should know i never operate in the PG or PC world :D sorry

Jeff Bussey
11-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey guys,
Not sure if you've seen this site but it's updated frequently

http://www.muchosucko.com/links55d.html

Warning, there is nudity on this site.

See Ernie, that's all it takes. This way everyone can enjoy the violent beatings without the gratuitous sex at work :D

J

Matrix
11-21-2005, 07:21 PM
ha ha man you should know i never operate in the PG or PC world :D sorryDr. Evil strikes again !!! :p

wiz cool c
11-21-2005, 09:48 PM
It is alot better then William Chun did in his taped fight.

SAAMAG
11-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Haha...that was funny. Probably not to Will C though. Those were just typical guys fighting typical fights. The skinny kick went down because he'd probably never been kicked in the side before--got the air knocked out of him.

The two low life's fight was much more brutal---not much in terms of real "skill" but rather some experience was evident in that one of them had better timing. I don't think he was "centered" or "balanced" or hit "cleanly down the middle" per say, but he did a better job than the other fella. I think low kicks (unless you did some major damage) would merely put the kicker off balance with the amount of forward momentum that mexican guy carried. I'd say take him down--ground and pound. That's probably what he's used to anyway.

Interesting to watch--but they wouldn't last with people of skill. Hell they wouldn't last with the guys off of TUF either. (the ultimate fighter).

Ernie
11-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Dr. Evil strikes again !!! :p

who me :eek:

:p

what caught my eye with these guys , was how many times i have heard wing chun people , ''well they average guy in the street , wouldn't have this or that skill , just punch all wild and blah blah , '' and they then base there training , conditioning off this mental image of look here he comes with his silly wide punch and then i would use my technique XYZ right after i spin like wonder woman and my uniform materiaizes silk slippers and all , and then he would and then i would and then , and then ETC,,,,,,,,,

yet here are some gold old boys , with some basic punching skills , clinch and take down skills , they knew were to hit from what position [roughly] and how to hit hard enough to inflict some damage

perhaps the effect of TV lesson who knows but the info is out there and they moved better and with more agression then probably 90% of the MA types that fill schools , that would crap there pants under pressure

i just thought it was funny

;)

Ernie
11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
James how did i know you would be the first one to respond to my post hahahaha

I'll take the high road on this one ;)

Ultimatewingchun
11-22-2005, 11:02 AM
I think the guy who beat up the skinhead is no slouch. He's tough and he has some skills.

Agree with Ernie and Matrix (Bill) on this.

stonecrusher69
11-22-2005, 12:02 PM
the guy with the hair weighed alot more then the skin head guy which I'm sure helped him.It looked like he had power in his right hand and had good timing his right hand.nice knee shots to the head.that finished it.

cobra
11-22-2005, 06:26 PM
The guy that beat the skinhead has a better understanding of basic WC than most WC people and he probably hasn't been to one class.

Matrix
11-23-2005, 11:56 PM
So that's why firstly you don't just fight anyone on the street for any reason, at least IMO. Second you have to have the knowledge that not everything is going to be perfectly exectuted when you use your tools on the street. James,
I would think that you might not be given a choice. You may just have to fight this guy or someone like him. And if "perfect" execution is required then you're SOL. Obviously he isn't perfect, and yet he is pretty effective.
Forget the theorizing and realize that it's a rough world out there.

lawrenceofidaho
11-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Interesting to watch--but they wouldn't last with people of skill. Hell they wouldn't last with the guys off of TUF either. (the ultimate fighter).
You should apply to be on next seasons's TUF show........ I would love to see a wing chun guy on there showing the coaches and fighters how to apply wing chun techniques & principles, and how they're more efficient & effective than what they're doing now. It would be a real "eye opener" for all of America and the MMA community to see on national television just how awesome wing chun can be.......

Airdrawndagger
11-25-2005, 01:21 PM
You should apply to be on next seasons's TUF show........ I would love to see a wing chun guy on there showing the coaches and fighters how to apply wing chun techniques & principles, and how they're more efficient & effective than what they're doing now. It would be a real "eye opener" for all of America and the MMA community to see on national television just how awesome wing chun can be.......

Why dont YOU apply and show all us TCMist just how sophisticated YOUR approach to training is???? Clearly you know a much better way then then what all us wing chun guy/girls know.

lawrenceofidaho
11-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Why dont YOU apply and show all us TCMist just how sophisticated YOUR approach to training is???? Clearly you know a much better way then then what all us wing chun guy/girls know.
I think it'd be cool to be on TUF, but it might be a while before my wing chun is at the level where I can insinuate that the rest of the competitors appearing on that show are comparitively "unskilled".

Eliver
11-27-2005, 07:21 AM
hey ernie. how's it hanging? i'm looking at the first vid and i'd say it looks like a mismatch. haired guy definitely has faster hands and skin head really falls apart the second he's on the ground whereas the hairy guy already has a plan once they take it to the ground. Of course, he's winning, so i guess he'd have every reason to be more calm. The second video i'd say was ugly and is another mismatch. Both guys are just flailing like idiots. Nothing like a good straight blast to go through that. But the kid in the white shirt is bigger and is just plain overpowering the blue kid. The kick in the end looked kind of slow, but i wouldn't be surprised if he came out of a local tkd school. Looking at this video, i'm kind of trying to put myself in the blue kids shoes. What would I be doing? This is all just theory fighter and all, but against a guy who is slightly bigger (but not that much bigger than me), i'd probably shoot for a single or double leg to take him down when he's trying to hold me down. Sure, it's not what Gary's been teaching me, but the training i've been doing here kind of makes me want to shoot on impulse now these days. Can't wait to come back and get that cleaned up :)

Matrix
11-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Bill, everything you say on this forum is theory. Everything Ernie, Victor, Hendrik's, myself, etc.. says on this forum is theory, up until you meet each individual in person, and exchange ideas and such, then it is not, so please save the lecture......Sorry you feel my comments were a lecture. I don't think they were any more or less so than your comments. Like you said, these posts are only words - an exchange of ideas. What's that old saying about "sticks and stones..... "?? ;)
As for meeting in-person and exchanging ideas. I sincerely look forward to that time.

Peace,