PDA

View Full Version : Who Created Push Hands?

wiz cool c
11-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Did Cheng Man Ching creat push hands and if he did what kind did he do? Chen style althought older I was told copyed the push hands idear from the Yang style. Does anyone know the history behind push hands and the different ways of playing. Fixed step, restricted step and moving.

wiz cool c
11-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Ok let see how many replys I get on this question. How many Tai Chi guys can use there magic chi for chi blasts.

Ou Ji
11-26-2005, 04:57 PM
I know! I know!

1 to do the move and 2 to edit in the special effects.
:p

MantisWarrior
11-26-2005, 06:49 PM
ok u can't quote me on this and i m basing this of this hk tv series call the "tai chi master" which i love! it's a 28 epidsodes series base on the story of the founder of yang style looking for a tai chi master.

in the series, i think the chen style is already using push hands to practice so i m guessing chen style is prolly first to use it..

SPJ
11-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Push hand drills with a partner is not a new idea. It was with us a long while back. there are also 2 man weapon drills.

single hand push hand drills. both draw a vertical circles and then horizontal circles. remember to rotate the waist.

then go from there.

:)

SPJ
11-26-2005, 08:38 PM
who created pushhands? would be like asking who created walking?

meaning it is a common idea and not a first or monopoly by one person.

:D

Ray Pina
11-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Impossible to say who, but I know why.....

Some smart man(men) realised that it's far more beneficial to first capture an apponants weapon (stick), control it (push) then strike (hit) than to merely exchange blows hoping one is faster, longer or stronger than the other. Thus push hands was formed.

The problem is, Wing Chun has forgotten why they stick, taiji has forgotten why they push. They have broken out and specialized in the single training tool -- one chose stick, the other push -- not recalling what they were training for.