PDA

View Full Version : Pat Morita is dead...

SevenStar
11-25-2005, 01:07 PM
:(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051125/ap_on_en_mo/obit_morita

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-25-2005, 01:21 PM
i didnt know who he was until i clicked the link.

**** ... thats some ****.

not trying to sound like a **** but mr. miyagi died would probably be better understood.

Kristoffer
11-25-2005, 02:37 PM
****. they were just showing the Karate Kid movies over here...

Wong Fei Hong
11-25-2005, 02:49 PM
I just flicked the channel and there was a screenshot of pat morita, in that movie with van damme. i turn off the tv and then see this, couldnt believe it :(

I was always wondering when he would die, he was so old, i was always secretly hoping he would make another karate kid movie, im an 80's nostalgia freak ......

MasterKiller
11-25-2005, 02:58 PM
http://satanjr.com/1105/Miyagi.jpg

IronFist
11-25-2005, 03:15 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Miyagi :(

mantis108
11-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Forever Sensei.

R.I.P. Mr. Miyagi.

Mantis108

viper
11-25-2005, 04:50 PM
good **** that is sad as

Mizri
11-25-2005, 04:56 PM
RIP mister miyagi

Hua Lin Laoshi
11-25-2005, 05:04 PM
He was looking a little tired out when I saw him a couple years back.

You'll get to see Mr. Miyagi one more time when Jason Bunch releases his film 'Coming Attractions'. The film is a satire of a couple of films, Karate Kid being one of them.

In 'Coming Attractions: Karate Kid Size' his student is a dwarf, played by Bobby Thomas.

Coming Attractions (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452183/)

Unfortunately I'm just a spectator in the background for the Karate matches which were filmed at Mike Reeves's dojo in Apopka, FL. He's the guy with the Guiness record for breaking boards. You'll see him in the film too and a couple of local Kenpo guys.

You'll see me standing by the dwarf's hot girlfriend played by Jenny Coyle during the big match. Hope the camera didn't catch me staring at her too much. :D

SPJ
11-25-2005, 09:49 PM
"wax on" "wax off".

"karate is in the heart". Karate is not about winning championship.

---

He will be remembered.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-26-2005, 12:08 AM
http://satanjr.com/1105/Miyagi.jpg

that is so awesome.

BM2
11-26-2005, 08:01 AM
That pic made me think of Rodney Dangerfield saying that he dreamed he was Raquel Welch's baby. He was bottle fed :( .
At a resturaunt this week my six year old said " Hey look that baby has his mother in side control!" We look over and my wife whispers to me "Is she breast feeding?" I said yes.

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-26-2005, 11:17 AM
thats awesome.

David Jamieson
11-26-2005, 02:22 PM
wax off pat, wax off.

Dim Wit Mak
11-26-2005, 03:57 PM
My prayers are with his family.:(

MasterKiller
11-26-2005, 09:03 PM
At a resturaunt this week my six year old said " Hey look that baby has his mother in side control!" We look over and my wife whispers to me "Is she breast feeding?" I said yes.
IN that case, I plan on being in a North/South position with the wife by midnight. I may be able to transition to back control if she gets enough wine down...

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-27-2005, 07:36 AM
ill just rub one out.

it's easier.

Dim Wit Mak
11-27-2005, 06:05 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family.:(

rogue
11-27-2005, 06:15 PM
So long to the Hip Nip, Noriyuki Morita.

KK is still one of the few movies with martial arts in it that I enjoy, and his character is a big part of the reason why.

Vajramusti
11-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Among his many challenges was living through the invo;untary internment of many Japanese Americans in Arizona during World War 2.

joy chaudhuri

GunnedDownAtrocity
11-28-2005, 08:16 AM
yeah thats something that most, if not all, of us cant even being to sympathize with.

Serpent
11-28-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't mean to be a d!ck here, as it is a terrible shame to have lost such an iconic figure. However, you guys are all talking like he was a real karate master. He was an actor who never formally studied martial arts and most of his karate scenes were done by a stunt double.

If anything, you should be creditting the writer of the Karate Kid movies if they resonated that well with you. Pat Morita was a great actor, but not a sensei!

IronFist
11-28-2005, 11:26 PM
I don't mean to be a d!ck here, as it is a terrible shame to have lost such an iconic figure. However, you guys are all talking like he was a real karate master. He was an actor who never formally studied martial arts and most of his karate scenes were done by a stunt double.

If anything, you should be creditting the writer of the Karate Kid movies if they resonated that well with you. Pat Morita was a great actor, but not a sensei!

Right, but it's what he stood for; the way he portrayed the role. Come on, how many of you when you were young wanted to meet someone like Mr. Miyagi?

Wong Fei Hong
11-29-2005, 03:17 AM
I know what serpent is saying, i think most of us credit rocky and karate kid movies to our ongoing drive to keep training , its the eternal underdog story which everyone is , as no one can be born a champion, And the same person directed both these films John G. Avildsen !
Even the late andy hug said himself that he found great inspiration from the rocky films.

However pat morita expressed what people looked for in a martial arts master,
in a way if bruce lee can still be remembered as a great fighter after only one debatable fight and arnold schwazzeneger can become governor. Then pat morita can be classed as a martial arts master by enticing 2 generations to take up martial arts as well as giving people an understanding of so many things portrayed in the movie.

Also in an interview pat morita said whilst he was in a hotel a famous japanese sensei saw him, came up to him bowed and called him sensei !!!

Lets face it when i put on the ali movie , that was bad, i took it off after the first 10 minutes , they portrayed ali practically as a "whats up my dawg im da man " and sonny liston as a redneck im gonna **** you up.