PDA

View Full Version : My Praying Mantis Style

JaguarWarrior
11-28-2005, 06:51 AM
I have the chinese characters for my style, I just need to look them up to know their exact translation to roman characters. (I don't have a scanner.) But here is how they are pronounced:

Teh-Guk-Meh-Wha-Dung-Lung-Kwan

Anyone have any idea what this style is, supposedly we are the last of this line, that's why my Sifu is very hopeful I will continue to train hard and carry on the style.

Also, does anyone know a good website for translating chinese characters?

-N-
11-28-2005, 07:35 AM
Teh-Guk-Meh-Wha-Dung-Lung-Kwan = Tai Chi Plum Flower Praying Mantis

onyomi
11-28-2005, 12:58 PM
The Mandarin Pinyin for that would be "Tai ji mei hua tang lang quan."

JaguarWarrior
11-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Thank you both very much! That may just be it. I had a feeling before that it was Tai Ji Praying Mantis because I saw a book on my Sifu's shelf that had that title in English on it's spine. He also has a poster that show's the Tai Chi forms.

Now I just want to look up the chinese characters to corroberate what you have told me.

If you know of a website that tells more about "Tai Chi Plum Flower Praying Mantis" and or show's it's chinese characters, I'd really appreciate it. Until then I have much searching to do.

Thanks again.

onyomi
11-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Here are the Chinese characters for "Tai ji mei hua tang lang quan": 太極梅花螳螂拳

JaguarWarrior
11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Here are the Chinese characters for "Tai ji mei hua tang lang quan": 太極梅花螳螂拳
Onyomi, thank you so much once again! It is confirmed, Tai ji mei hua tang lang quan is my style!

Donkwoon
11-29-2005, 12:55 AM
That's quite something that you could potentialy save the style from extinction. Godspeed to you.

JaguarWarrior
11-29-2005, 07:03 AM
That's quite something that you could potentialy save the style from extinction. Godspeed to you.
I sense sarcasm...

Well I'm glad to know that this style is alive and well in other parts of the world, perhaps it's just here in Korea where it's not around much anymore.

Donkwoon
11-29-2005, 07:09 PM
I sense sarcasm...

None at all. I meant every word.