PDA

View Full Version : Hung Gar - Which Lineage??

Hungfutkune
12-03-2005, 03:26 AM
For all you Hung Gar practitioners out there (Just out of curiousity), what is your lineage (Lam sai Wing, Tang Fong or other) and what city do you train in (if you like you can post your sifu's name and his lineage as well)?

Thanks

Hungfutkune
12-04-2005, 02:52 AM
Hey Guys,
46 views and only 4 people have answered the poll, and no one has posted. Is there not many Hung Gar practitioners out there?? Or do you just find this a waste of time?

PM
12-04-2005, 12:12 PM
- Lam Sai Wing > Lam Cho > Lam Chun Sing >
(for complete lineage please see http://www.lghk.org/en/genealogy.htm)
- Prague (Czech republic, Europe)

PM

www.lghk.org

Hungfutkune
12-05-2005, 02:45 AM
Also out of curiousity, those who answered other in the poll, could you give me a lineage outline where it came from.

thanks

Lohanhero
12-05-2005, 10:50 AM
i answered other, i forget most of what im told lineage wise (sorry ancestor of our system :P) but my master learnt from ... if i can get this correct, Wong bak Siu i think was the sound of his name who lived in Malaysia but came to be in malaysia from china, guandong/canton his father thought he was a problem and sent him to his uncles to learn (of the 10 tigers but i forget names >< though my sifu has the old writing of his master that has the address to where one of them lived) was of hung system but didnt learn the taming tiger form as beginer fist as most i hear do. was taught training forms of shaolin and then seven star fist before we go into each of the 5 animals(seperate) our taming tiger also is full of jump and kick which i hear isnt to much nowadays... my sifu's master also was a bit of a bully i hear who walked around with two of the ons called in japan sai on his back. he was also chosen to be in a group called ... bah why is memory so bad dai dao.. da do... um well is like big blade group that was to go against the japanese. he left china sometime around change to comunisim to go to malaysia where he taught at all the different associations, cantonese assoc. ect. untill a group asked for him to start teaching a school. i beleve he was asked back to teach the arts in bejing sports assoc or somthing like that as he was famous for many weapons but he didnt want to go back as the govenment was still the same.
my sifu Peter (T. G.) Khaw learnt from this master untill this master pasted away... i think was alittle while ago now.. before my sifu left Mal i think so around 20 years ago if im not mistaken.. which serving my memory is probley incorrect.(my sifu is quite oldish but doesnt look it :P) my sifu taught in Mal for along time and also taught karate and tae kwon do and became his areas cheif coach for martial arts. one of his students where chosen to go to jing wu to learn mi zhong chuan and later came back.. we have the vid of that id love to see. sifu was also a teacher of physical edu and gymnastics(quite famous gymnasitcs teacher also) before moving his family to austraila and big shock from martial art life to a place that doesnt show much respect to martial arts unless you got a big shiney building (wich we don yet :p).

i feel very lucky coming from austraila to have such a master and hope this was ok in veiw of my sifu to say. ^^
train in city of Perth Western Austraila and lineage is of Wong Bak Siu (but spelling not sure of i only heard it at a noisy dinner) via uncles of ten tigers.
(no internet)

not realy much info out of that but is just some info as i dont know exactly what you are looking for.

may i ask why you are looking for information perhaps this is why not many are replying.

Hungfutkune
12-06-2005, 12:59 AM
Lohanhero,

thanks for your post!!
I honestly wanted to see what the majority of people out there train in and where they come from.

Mulong
12-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Hey, not fare, I belong to both lineage, i.e., Lin & Fang. :(

TenTigers
12-09-2005, 11:22 AM
yeah, I am Tang-Fong, but I have also studied Lam Sai-Wing as well. At this time, I play the major sets from TF, but I also teach the minor forms, which came from LSW. I also like Sup Ying Kuen as well. Not only that, but from what I;ve seen, even within TF, there are so many variations and interpretations. Truly gwok-si,gwok faht. Each Sifu has his own method.

South Paw
12-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Lam Sai Wing Lineage.

I took this picture (http://home.planet.nl/~padbe017/plaatjes/album/CK18.jpg) of my Sigung Chiu Kau practising authentic Hung Gar (洪家正宗) with his son Chiu Chi Ling Sifu in 1980 at their kwoon on 7, Pak Hoi Street (http://hongkong.ddo.jp/road/PakHoiStreet/PakHoiStreet.jpg), 1/F, Kowloon.

BTW: This kwoon still has the early 60's charm. It's like a museum of Hung Gar.

mok
12-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Lam Sai Wing, 3 generations removed.

PS: the Hung Gar ppl mostly hang on southernfist, they just lurk here once in a while... :D