PDA

View Full Version : Erles Animal Bagua DVDS

fiercest tiger
12-04-2005, 05:03 AM
Has anyone seen Erle Montagues BAGUA DVDS on the animal forms, i have a friend that is interested in doing bagua and thought he might like to study something before learning from a teacher?!

Anyone in sydney that has Good bagua?

FT:)

Shaolin Master
12-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi FT,

Not to sure about bagua animals as that is a later development, basically the zhuan zhang is the most important method with both single and double changes as the key.

A few places to try

1. Xie Shoude in Goulbourn St, Chinatown teaches Yinyang Baguazhang (Commonly referred to as Tian Family Bagua amongst Bagua practitioners). This maybe of interest as this bagua also has the so called animals approach: Bear, python, etc....

2. William Ho teaches Jiang Rongjiao's Baguazhang in Parra and in the city.

3. In the park near central station in the city often enough there are various Baguazhang practitioners in amongst all the taijiquan and qigong ones.

Regards

Wu Chanlong
I only know a little bit of Liu family bapan zhang but seldom do i practice it these days :-(

fiercest tiger
12-05-2005, 03:39 AM
Hi S/Master,

Thanks for the reply, do you know if these animals are forms or more just strengths?

What do you consider a good style of Bagua?

What style you mostly practising now, Zirmen and something else right?

regards
FT:)

Shaolin Master
12-05-2005, 06:09 AM
For bagua, normal Cheng Style Baguazhang is best to keep it simple and fairly pure to its concept.

In terms of animals yes there is a separate set/form for each one in Tian family (Xie shoude) and other styles. I don't know too much about this though.

Yes mainly Zimenquan, Longmen and my Hebei systems (Chuojiao/Tongbei/etc....). Of course every so often i do bit of this and that for sake of preservation which also goes hand in hand with the teachings that I tend to have to pass.

shrub
12-05-2005, 09:39 AM
who is Erle's teacher? Please don't tell me he received secret transmission from a Wudang priest while he was there for a couple of days.

onyomi
12-05-2005, 11:59 AM
For Yin Style Bagua I highly recommend the DVDs by Xie Peiqi and He Jinbao. I'm sure they know their Bagua much better than Earle.

http://www.traditionalstudies.org/

chud
12-28-2005, 06:18 PM
For Yin Style Bagua I highly recommend the DVDs by Xie Peiqi and He Jinbao. I'm sure they know their Bagua much better than Earle.

http://www.traditionalstudies.org/

That site looks like it has some cool DVDs, which ones have you seen?