PDA

View Full Version : Lama/hop ga resources

Shaolindynasty
12-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Can somebody post some resources on lama style? Web pages or published books/articles would be great.

Especially from those who train both Lama and CLF together.

Ben Gash
12-06-2005, 12:27 PM
Nice site with good pictures and video at www.risingcrane.co.uk
Look at LKFDMC and Lama Pai Sifu's profiles, they've both got good sites.

ChinoXL
12-06-2005, 01:29 PM
www.lamakungfu.org

Lama Pai Sifu
12-07-2005, 03:40 PM
I do both Lama and CLF.

madhusudan
12-08-2005, 05:33 AM
i don't see this one posted often

www.lama-martialart.com

Shaolindynasty
12-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks guys if you have anymore keep'em comming

Lama Pai Sifu
12-09-2005, 04:47 PM
I just came from Master Lo Wai Keung's school in Hong Kong on Tuesday. He's 70 years old and still in great shape. However, his actions, during my visit, were most "un-Sifu-like". Granted, I showed up there, with my wife, unannounced, but he came real close to getting knocked out based on his behavior. It's no wonder the guy's got like 5 students. :(

ChinoXL
12-10-2005, 02:24 AM
that sucks travelin around the world n' the 70 year old master is a dooshbag .. wells just have fun in china.. :]

hakka jai
12-10-2005, 05:16 AM
hi folks,
old folk can be very tempermental when they hit a certain age,seen it a few times in HK that's why some old sifu aren't even invited to their own pai celebrations as to their behavior ,as they say /do things they shouldn't that a re taboo. Like for ie ... GM joe bloggs is a crack addict etc .....

cheers
hakka jai

lkfmdc
12-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Talked to Mike today and got some details LMFAO,,, reminded me of days in San Francisco with some of the Hop Ga and White Crane guys, "testing" you ever time they could... I was trying so hard to be polite, then I got angry one day and slapped this guy back... both Chan Tai San and his buddy, Wong Ching, suggested I should have actually kicked the guy in the groin instead :eek:

iron_silk
12-16-2005, 10:41 AM
sorry for butting in...but I was actually curious with how a master would test your ability?

lkfmdc
12-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Mike seems to have experienced what I experienced, they say "oh, let me show you this technique" and you expect they are just going to show you something, then BAM! they hit you as hard as they can... often kicking the groin, poking an eye, etc.....

I learned that any time someone offered to show you something, be prepared to FIGHT!!!!

I remember when Chau the Wu Mei guy first came out in public, we went to see him. He was like "oh, let me show you this" and tried to punch me in the heart. I deflected it with my forearm and he then tried to tell me I must have studied wu mei to have known how to do that :rolleyes:

GreenCloudCLF
12-19-2005, 06:58 AM
http://lionsroar.name/

htowndragon
12-26-2005, 08:33 PM
coach ross, can you tell us more about who wong ching was?

lkfmdc
12-26-2005, 10:36 PM
In the last few years, not only has my master passed, but many of our si-baks, si-suks, and friends of my sifu have passed. I haven't seen Wong Ching in over 10 years so I am worried he may no longer be with us.

I can't tell you much, he did not run a public school. He was a Lama person in San Francisco's chinatown. I met him through Chan Tai San and learned many things from him....

Other than that, can't be of much help to you

htowndragon
12-27-2005, 05:24 PM
i just wondered who he learned lama from. was he the same lineage as GM chan?