PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons

Gangsterfist
09-15-2004, 12:08 PM
http://www.csupomona.edu/~jelerma/springfield/

xingyiman
09-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Just out of curiosity, have they ever revealed or figured out which state the city of Springfield on The Simpsons is in?

Gangsterfist
09-15-2004, 06:14 PM
In one episode ( i believe it was the inside the simpsons episode, like a behind the music kinda thing) they mention kentucky. In interviews however, matt groeing has said its pretty much based off different cities in california.

So, not it really hasn't been too clear.

Man, I watch way too much simpsons!

PHILBERT
09-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Actually it's Tennessee. In the episode, they said someone went North of the border upon which someone goes "you mean Kentucky?" Well, Tennessee is located South of Kentucky and there is a Springfield in that state.

Watahhh
09-15-2004, 10:41 PM
u can't make a map of springfield. that's just crazy. it changes all the time.

remember the stonecuters episode? lenny and karl get really good parking spots and homer gets a spot which is right next to his house but behind a fence. bart makes fun of him, but then he takes out a pair of roller skates.

and then there's the episode when an ex president moves in accross the street in a big mantion (and bart impersonates denis the menis).

... ****, i watch too much simpsons 2

Gangsterfist
09-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Philbert,

I am referring to the scene where they are having a picnic by the river and the narrator says "This family from a small town in Kentucky"

I will verify this, but I am pretty sure its kentucky thats said.

Reguardless, the point is, its never been clear what state it is.

Remember that episode when lenny and homer became oil drillers in western springfield, and when the flew over in the chopper to western springfield it looked just like texas (they did the whole map indiana jones thing).

FuXnDajenariht
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM
did ya see the stab at family guy and american dad that they made?

that was classic :D and i like those shows but that was freakin sweet on so many levels.

who else caught it?

@PLUGO
12-12-2005, 03:29 PM
I saw it. HILARIOUS... The SIMPSONS is still so funny while I'm sort of Blaa.. about those other shows... I doubt they'll last.

bodhitree
12-12-2005, 03:31 PM
good joke, family guy good, american dad not good. Simpsons= eternal. The only show I could watch 4 times daily (and have!)

FuXnDajenariht
12-12-2005, 03:42 PM
nah family guy is **** funny. i'd say its almost on par with the simpsons and only after a couple seasons. and they did save sunday night when the simpsons hit that dry spell...but we wont dwell on that. ;)

american dad tho.....well.... what can u say except that its a bad rip off of family guy.

@PLUGO
12-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Alot of people seem to like Famil Guy. The Dog and the Baby have their moments, I'll admit, but the rest of it seems to fall flat. The cheap cartoon sex jokes just get old fast.

gwa sow
12-14-2005, 06:45 AM
the simpson are so much better than family guy. although i love family guy. the simpsons is funny for people of all levels.

GreenCloudCLF
03-07-2006, 07:35 AM
The Simpsons (http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1669505/)

I thought this was hilarious, and although it is not MA related, I thought it worth sharing....

NWS ads n stuff...

tug
03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Excellent find!

Shaolinlueb
03-07-2006, 11:41 AM
yes, very good find. its not corny either.!

GeneChing
01-25-2016, 10:27 AM
PRC gets the first two Simpsons stores in the world? The chicoms really have won, haven't they?

Simpsons stores coming soon to China (http://europe.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2016-01/21/content_23177071.htm)
Updated: 2016-01-21 08:16

By Wang Ying in Shanghai(China Daily)

http://europe.chinadaily.com.cn/business/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20160121/f8bc126d980d180a686e18.jpg

Simpsons World app was launched on Oct 21, 2014, allowing fans to watch all 500 plus episodes of Simpsons for free. [Photo/ Funshion.com]
Flagship stores of the Simpsons, the first global outlets of the United States animated sitcom, are scheduled to open in Beijing and Shanghai in the first half of this year.
"This year will be an important one for us as we are opening the first Simpsons store along with our Chinese partners," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of 20th Century Fox Consumer Products.
The Beijing store will be the first bricks-and-motar Simpsons store in the world, and it will open in March in Sanlitun, a popular fashion destination in the capital. The second store will be launched in Shanghai in June, according to Godsick.
Though the exact location for the Shanghai store is yet to be announced, it is expected to be in a trendy and high traffic mall as the Beijing one. The two stores will be licensed to sell the Simpsons series of products, and those owned by its partners.
The decision to launch themed stores for the 27-year-old television show was based on its familiarity among Chinese audiences and the success of the Simpsons products.
Fox launched Simpsons' products by collaborating with fashion brands two and a half years ago. It started to team up with Chinese brands one and half years ago and decided to open physical stores in China last year to tap the growing interest, demand among Chinese consumers.
Godsick said the products released in China were sold out very quickly, and there used to be a three-hour queue for people to enter the fashion brand store in Shanghai that is going to launch Simpsons' products.
International movie and television producers are showing growing interest in the Chinese consumer product market. The Walt Disney Co has chosen Shanghai to open its first Disney flagship store in the Chinese mainland. Boasting the world's largest Disney store, it was opened in Shanghai's Pudong New Area in May 2015, offering more than 2,000 categories of products.
"China's movie and television industry will bring a lot of investment opportunities for derivative products sales," Zeng Hongshan, a professor from Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, was quoted as saying by China Economic Herald.
Derivative products of Star Wars have created about $30 billion worth of business, and in 2013 and 2014 alone, it generated Disney about $4.6 billion, the China National Radio reported.
The Simpsons' stores will occupy about 250 square meters and consumers can find about 200 products including T-shirts, hats, jackets, pants, cell phone cases, lifestyle accessories, stationery, shoes, sneakers and socks in the trendy stores.
The products will continue to expand and change according to seasons, and between 25 and 50 percent of the products will be sold exclusively through the stores in the future, said Godsick. He expected to have 100 such Simpsons' stores in the future.
"We will continue to design individual consumer products for each of our movies and TV shows in China, and ultimately grow our brand as a company," he said.

GeneChing
05-09-2016, 09:44 AM
World’s first ‘Simpsons’ store opens in Beijing (http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2016/05/worlds-first-simpsons-store-opens-in-beijing/)
by Kevin Melrose | May 6, 2016 @ 12:47 PM

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/simpsons-china-625x326.jpg

A familiar-looking door opened Thursday in Beijing, China, on the first Simpsons brick-and-mortar store — but it certainly won’t be the last.

Customers enter the outlet at Taikoo Li Sanlitun shopping center through a silhouette of Bart Simpson’s yellow hair, which gives way to retail space containing a customized art installation and more than 125 specially curated Simpsons products, ranging from a Duff Beer-themed muumuu to glittery Simpsons thermoses to a sequined Bart T-shirt. Most of the items are exclusive to the store.

Announced in January, the store is a partnership between 20th Century Fox Consumer Products and China-based Her-Chain Clothing. A second location is scheduled to debut shortly in Shanghai, with many more to follow.

“We are delighted with the rapidly growing enthusiasm for The Simpsons brand across the Asia Pacific region, Jeffrey Godsick, president of 20th Century Fox Consumer Products, said in a statement. “No matter the customer — a family, a high-end shopper or a fashionista — The Simpsons store in Beijing offers that unique consumer engagement with one of the world’s most celebrated properties.

The Simpsons has a complicated relationship with China, where the long-running animated series didn’t debut in until 2000, only to be banned six years later. It returned in 2014 through a deal between Fox and Chinese web portal Sohu.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/simpsons-china2-625x833.jpg

As a side note, I just recently found a local source for Duff. Sadly, it's not the beer. It's the energy drink. :confused:

David Jamieson
05-09-2016, 11:57 AM
It can be had apparently.

GeneChing
06-24-2016, 08:48 AM
https://insideretail.asia/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/The-Simpsons-.jpg

The Simpsons store on roll in China (https://insideretail.asia/2016/06/24/the-simpsons-store-on-roll-in-china/)
June 24, 2016 Inside Retail Asia
Following the success of the first-ever The Simpsons store in Taikooli Sanlitun, Beijing, more outlets are to be rolled out in China.

Three will open this year – at Shanghai’s Grand Gateway 66, at Xi An Wu Huan Department Store in Xian, and at Joy City in Beijing, 20th Century Fox Consumer Products and HerChain Clothing Company have announced.

The stores will feature more than 125 specially curated items related to The Simpsons animated television series.

“The new locations – in high-traffic city centres and department stores – position The Simpsons store to attract a wide and diverse composition of consumers,” says 20th Century Fox Consumer Products VP for worldwide brand marketing, strategy and partnerships, Peter Leeb.

The Simpsons is the longest-running scripted show in US television history, launching in 1990 and now in its 28th season.

It would be hilarious to bring some Duff beer to a party. I'd want to find it locally distributed somewhere as getting it online just wouldn't be satisfactory.