PDA

View Full Version : Your Private Chinese Tutor in Martial Arts Schools

Brianna
12-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Dear friend,

My name is Brianna and I am a third year college student from Guangdong, China.

I wish to train in a Martial Arts School for a month on the upcoming holiday in northern China. If you are planning to go to such school too, I’d like to be your translator and provide you Chinese language private lessons on condition that you cover my training expenses which include accommodations.

I don’t have any experience in teaching but I am a very patient, caring individual who realizes the struggles of a second language learner. My courses are specially designed to meet your personal needs and the teaching time is very flexible.

If you want to communicate with me with questions, suggestions or anything I can help you with on your journey to learn Chinese, my email is Brianna_Chou@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Brianna:)

X-Warrior
12-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Why would you learn martial arts for one month? You get nothing out of it, it's like learning a second language for a month. What do you get out of it? Nothing - as you now probably already know after learning it for years. I am not trying to be negative, I was just very surprised reading your message about wanting to 'LEARN' martial arts for one month. It gives a person absolutely nothing. If you want to TRY martial arts for a month, that's different but wanting to learn martial arts for a month has no value to anyone. Martial arts is a very complex subject with deep history, years of phylosophy, techniques, forms and physical training behind it, on higher levels oriental medicine training. Trying it or learning it are two different things. You can try something for a month but you can't learn anything in just one month. I think most everyone here agrees with me on that.

I think you're very lucky to be where you are, you should take advantage of the situation and find an instructor near by you and start training - for life. You will never be sorry :).

Sorry, just trying to be helpful and give advice, hope it didn't come down too negative.

-X-