PDA

View Full Version : WingTsun Question

Jarhead101
12-19-2005, 09:58 PM
Greetings WTers. I have heard repeatedly that Leung Ting's WingTsun Organization holds you back, requiring a minimum time period in between ranks, regardless of how good you've gotten. is this true? Can some of you guys speak on this? Is it ALL about the money?

AndrewS
12-19-2005, 10:31 PM
No. While the system has been stretched for cash, I don't think you can simultaneously argue that they're going for maxium cash extraction in minumum time while instituting waiting periods. While the waiting periods got ridiculous in the EWTO (1 yr for 1tg, 2 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 4 for 4th, 5 for 5th= 15 years from 12 SG to finish the empty hand system and dummy), I do think some mandatory time spent at each level ensures the rank hungry can't just *buy* the system (or that it's more difficult).

That being said, I do think there are some structural problems with the present WT curriculum.

Andrew

AdrianUK
12-20-2005, 01:40 AM
JarHead101

When I was in the EWTO there was definitely minimum times between grades, when I switched to wing tjun I was told I could grade in at the level I was, you might find in the lower grades you are allowed to take a clump of grades together but don't count on it !

Regards,
Adrian

ghostofwingchun
12-20-2005, 07:21 AM
If this is your concern . . . why do you not just find other group?

Thanks,

Ghost

Jarhead101
12-20-2005, 08:45 AM
There is no other group.

mexenergy
12-20-2005, 09:21 PM
OUCH!:eek:

mexenergy
12-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Seriously,

You may be looking too far down the road. If it's the only one, then you'll just have to experience it firsthand and draw your own conclusions when the time comes. Maybe there will be other schools around when the time comes and you figure it out. Bad thing is it could be a waste of time, but you have to take the chance to find out.