PDA

View Full Version : A rooster bit my son’s finger while pumpkin picking this weekend…

Godzilla
10-21-2001, 04:51 AM
He was like lightening! He calmly approached my 16 month old (who was laughing while sticking his finger thru the chicken wire), then struck with conviction! It happened so fast my boy didn’t even know what happened. All of my MA skills could not save him. I am now dedicating my life to creating a new style called ‘Cockadoodledo Kung Fu.’ You will read about me in Black Belt magazine. Once perfected, I will seek out challengers to test its superiority. I suspect my greatest challenge will be against Video Kung Fu practiced by Master Ralek.

Godzilla

PS. It was just a scratch (but did draw a little blood).

Felipe Bido
10-21-2001, 05:18 AM
If you'd like to take your new art to perfection, come here!

We got the bravest chickens in the world. If you try to get close to their eggs, they chase you, with a stepping pattern that would make any martial artist jealous. And they can hurt you badly, oh yeah.

But I think the Xingyi guys (Like me), are a step ahead of you..we already got a chicken form.
:D

-------------------------
"To be great is to be misunderstood"- Emerson

Chang Style Novice
10-21-2001, 05:20 AM
From taiji -

"Golden Rooster Stands on One Leg"
http://www.taichiherb.com/graphics/short_form/golden_rooster_sm.jpg

Whyaaaaaaa!

[This message was edited by Chang Style Novice on 10-21-01 at 08:30 PM.]

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-21-2001, 05:24 AM
my teacher learned a rooster form from someone a long while back. i'm not sure, but i don't think it's a part of our style or anything. . just something a buddy of his showed him.

i have only learned one kick from it and the funny thing is it's the only useless technique i have ever learned at my school. i guess there could be some use that i am missing, but i don't think so.

where's my beer?

Chang Style Novice
10-21-2001, 05:35 AM
Felipe, I totally buy your story. This past summer I decided I wanted to base a painting on a cockfight, but I don't actually want to go to a cockfight and anyway I wouldn't know any good place to start looking (okay, east of I-35, but I'd really want more to go on than that.)

Anyway, I ended up finding that virtually all the books on cockfighting in the UT library system are from the D.R.

And man, do they tear it up!

Felipe Bido
10-21-2001, 05:39 AM
This is one of the few places in the world where you can say: "Man, I had to run because a chicken was running after me!"

In other places they got tigers, lions, or snakes...we got chickens :D

-------------------------
"To be great is to be misunderstood"- Emerson

Godzilla
10-21-2001, 05:56 AM
Even though the Rooster pecked my son’s finger with amazing accuracy, I also noticed the thing had **** big claws! Wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of those!

Godzilla

Chang Style Novice
10-21-2001, 06:29 AM
Before I tried the library, I ran a web search on 'cockfighting.' I'm still trying to recover from some of those images. YUCK!

Wongsifu
10-21-2001, 02:07 PM
changstyle lol .....

man i love that golden rooster move , it is the epitomy of tai chi , it is the embodyment of the true inner meaning of tai chi.

It is the definition of transcending through what most people see as a slow tai chi dance

And a martial art.

It is a well timed prescise knee to the groin !!!
I love hidden aspects of tai ji
:D :D :D

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

Chang Style Novice
10-21-2001, 02:50 PM
In all fairness, a knee to the sweets isn't all there is to "Golden Rooster Stands on One Leg."

There is grace, balance...

and a throat grab.

Kaitain(UK)
10-21-2001, 03:00 PM
a pull down of someones neck into your raised knee
a leg trap
covering up
sweep evasion

also - you don't have to lift your foot off the floor to use it- pulling someones face onto your knee is a valid application

there's loads :) that's without covering the sinking step back into the second golden cockerel - lots of throws in there

it's all the same in the end anyway

"If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?"

jameswebsteruk
10-21-2001, 03:21 PM
Might I suggest a slight alteration of the name of your new style.

Hows about "cockadoodle-fu"?

:)

The chalice from the palace has the pellet with the poison,
The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!

JWTAYLOR
10-21-2001, 04:37 PM
You might want to talk to Jiu Jitsu Jedi. He has spent quite some time blowing up chickens and other assorted fowl in his Broken Mirror Baguazhang practice.

JWT
Mind Boxing is Superior

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Badger
10-21-2001, 04:48 PM
Cockadoodle-fu is no match for my Brazilian Deep Frying Cajun Spice Injecting Jitsu!

Badger

"When life hands you a blank, load it anyway and act real intimidating."--Unknown l

Wongsifu
10-21-2001, 06:26 PM
:D :D
good posts

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

cwheelie
10-21-2001, 10:58 PM
So a **** got his finger?
At least a..... well you know where this is headed

Badger
10-21-2001, 11:21 PM
Huh huh he said "****"

Badger

v

"When life hands you a blank, load it anyway and act real intimidating."--Unknown l

JWTAYLOR
10-21-2001, 11:23 PM
"Yeahhh they come to snuff the rooster, aw yeah"_-AIC

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV