PDA

View Full Version : Help to expend an idea.

johnyk
12-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Word up people, I have been out for a while.
I have an interesting idea, and just for the hell of it I want to try it.
I want to make a device which is specific to wrist/finger/forearm strength as related to kung-fu techniques.
Does anyone know how to patent the idea? How to get a model done? How to get a manufacturer?

If you do please post or IM me, I would greatly appreciate.

JohnyK

Scott R. Brown
12-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi johnyk,

The best thing to do is to talk to a patent attorney. I am sure the cost will be unreasonable, but it will protect you from patent infringement which is fairly easy to do by simply slightly modifiying your invention!

johnyk
12-25-2005, 06:17 AM
Thanks, that's what I am afraight of.
He would charge something I can't afford.
May be it just make sense to go ahead with out a patent.
You would not know any factories in china? :)
Thanks again.

johnyk
12-26-2005, 09:35 AM
P.S.
Have anyone here ever tried to make their own product/invention?

mantis108
12-28-2005, 03:06 PM
The cheapest way I believe is to have the documentation, such as product blue prints, brief or detailed description of it's functions and picture of the prototype if any with date, and send it back to yourself (must be a vaild and legal address not postal box) via registered mail. Made sure you keep all the postal marks and receipts. It's not really a kosher way to do it but it saves you some money in the beginning. Once you start getting the money coming in from the product, can than afford to have the pattern lawyer to look at doing it properly.

BTW, I don't think you could pattern some of the traditional training tools (ie stone locks, wooden dummy, etc.) unless you have some technological advancement or improvement such as new design or space age material, etc...

Hope this helps.

Mantis108