PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Booty Thread

Oso
12-25-2005, 10:26 AM
Whatcha Get?

I got a sweet ass Logitech cordless keyboard/mouse set. The 3000 Laser. It's hot.

Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition. It's all the releases combined. I don't have the last two and the Diamond Ed. is cheaper than the separate releases.

A weather station. Wireless so you don't have to run a cord out the window.

a Best Buy gift card...probably going to go towards an iPod of some sort.

50' of 3mm cord. (just call me Samwise)

ear muffs, rechargable battery kit and some other stocking stuffer type stuff.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Royal Dragon
12-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Digital Canon SLR, a top of the line Digital Cannon SLR!

Only been dateing her a few months too. :D

Chief Fox
12-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Starwars BattleFront 1 and 2. :D

rogue
12-26-2005, 07:40 AM
A very nice acoustic guitar, the first season of Battlestar Galatica on DVD and some shirts.

Bonus! Kids gifts I will be playing with: Starwars Battlefront 2, Call of Duty, a real nice bass guitar.

Oso
12-26-2005, 07:55 AM
Battlestar Galactica Rulez All.

Man I'm jealous. I sat here one saturday after surgery and the Sci Fi channel was running BG all day long. I could only sit still for 5 in a row before I had to do something else.

I'd forgotten how scandelous all the womens outfits were.

ZhuiQuan
12-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Christmas was pretty awesome for me. It was my wife and I (and our kids') first christmas as a family (it's a long story).

I got:
wolf claw keyboard, daredevel: yellow TPB, Choke, Invisible Monsters (both by Chuck Palahniuk. To replace the copies I gave away to friends years ago) City Of Heroes, Fable: The Lost Chapters, a suitcase record player, $100, $60, a wok, brut cologne (even though I don't wear cologne) a cheese board (even though I don't eat cheese), Alex Ross Batman figure, pre-order for the Joker figure.

JamesC
12-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I got a lot of clothes, Unbound Cologne, 15$ Hastings giftcard, 25$ Visa giftcard, a Tippmann 98 Custom paintball gun that came with 900 paintballs, the mask, hopper, CO2 tank and a cleaning kit.

MasterKiller
12-26-2005, 09:28 AM
I got some booty.

Ming Yue
12-26-2005, 02:28 PM
An Olivia 42" HDTV.

Also some of my favorite perfume, and six throwing knives.

:D

Ou Ji
12-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Braun cordless electric travel razor, travel alarm clock, socks, $25 Best Buy gift card, and the best one was the smiling faces of my grandkids.

greensage22
12-26-2005, 06:26 PM
I got a bunch of boxes covered with designed paper, they look great:D

SPJ
12-26-2005, 07:27 PM
I received a paid stay at a resort close to the pacific ocean.

I was able to be away from everything.

I enjoyed the walks on the beach, practice Tai Chi, Ba Gua --

I played minigolf, ping pong, pool, tennis, volley ball etc.

unlimited movie cable channel--

Thanks to my thoughtful friend.

:)

SevenStar
12-27-2005, 10:03 AM
a Best Buy gift card...probably going to go towards an iPod of some sort.

Instead of the iPod, look into the Zen micro, by Creative - the guys who developed the soundblaster sound cards. it looks better, has the same features, plus ir can record voice and radio.

Now, for what I got:

A $40 gift card to Bosco's - a local brewery / restaurant

a chocolate chip cake/cookie

The PS2 version of a game I played endlessly online several years ago - tribes. I find that I'm still addicted to it, even though I suck now.

Orphen for PS2 (I'm a fan of the orphen anime, so somebody got the game for me)

Final Fantasy X-2 - I bought this one for myself, since it's the only one I don't have, and it was right there in front of me.

a badass ball cap.
http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2000279&cp=1452621.1736008&page=1&doVSearch=no&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family

a beanie with the name of the club I bounce at embroidered on it.

A basket full of soup mixes and other goodies.

Becca
12-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Some full contact gloves I can't use in sparring class (I still love'em, though; they'er purple leather!:D ). 4 boxes of chocolat covered cherries, two giant jaw breakers, a Starbuck's gift card, And my kids didn't fight at all!! That was the best present they could ever give.:D

SevenStar
12-27-2005, 10:05 AM
Some full contact gloves I can't use in sparring class

why not?
:confused:

Becca
12-27-2005, 10:10 AM
'Cause one of my Sifu said no. The other said yes, though... so maybe if Sifu P. isn't there some day, Sifu R. will let me...:p

Though honestly, I wanted them for the times I roll with the MMA guys. My Strikeforce pads get in the way on the ground.:)

Oso
12-27-2005, 11:16 AM
thanks for the tip, Seven. I didn't really want to get on the iPod bandwagon.

anything by Creative should be awesome.

been playing Neverwinter nights all day....this is like the 4th time I've started over but now that I both expansions I want to start at the beginning and hopefully work the same character through them all.

I'm trying a 1/2 elven ranger/sorcerer that I'm going to take into the Prestige class that's a mage/archer dude....can't remember the exact name of it at the moment. working out pretty well so far.

oh, I also got the expansion for Dungeon Seige; Legends of Aranna. It's actually pretty cool to be so far behind the curve: all the games are cheap now. By the time I get to DS II, it will be cheap as well. :)

I didn't get a singel thing martially oriented...but, that's OK.

Bosco's: I think I've been to the one in Nashville with yu shan and his guys, pretty fun and some decent beer.

Becca: you should put your new gloves on and challenge your sifu to a fight for the right to wear them. :D

jus' kiddin. seriously though. what's the objection?

syn
12-27-2005, 01:21 PM
I got Tablas which are traditional indian drums. I also got a cell phone which I don't really need that much but I don't want to be rude, and twin tigerhook swords.

rogue
12-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Battlestar Galactica Rulez All.

Man I'm jealous. I sat here one saturday after surgery and the Sci Fi channel was running BG all day long. I could only sit still for 5 in a row before I had to do something else.

I'd forgotten how scandelous all the womens outfits were.

BG is so freakin good. I like when the cylon hottie comes onto the doctor at the worst possible moments. :D

So far the kids won't let me on the PS2 or the Gamecube. :mad: Time for daddy to throw his God given grounding powers around. ;)

Becca
12-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Becca: you should put your new gloves on and challenge your sifu to a fight for the right to wear them. :D

jus' kiddin. seriously though. what's the objection?
The sifu who said yes said I was welcome to use them when I spar him. The sifu who said no, I am not suicidle enough to spar full contact with.:eek: ;) Plus, his elbow is still broke.

But his reason for not letting me use them in class was valid. The class is set up to teach point sparring this month. They are not leagal for point sparring.:o

Next month will be focused on technique. If a punch gose wild or if one of the kids in the class ducks right into my fist (as kids are prone to do;) ) they will get a split lip.

Oso
12-27-2005, 03:46 PM
rogue: I just got myself the pilot episode on dvd last year and the series has been on my wish list. I want to catch a re-run of "Space: 1999" to see if it has stood the test of time to be a classic. I watched it religiously back then. I even got the spaceship for xmas one year. Wish I still had it...probably go for a pretty penny on Ebay.

Becca: why would they not be deemed valid for point sparring???

When I did that one Lei Tai match last year, they wouldn't let me wear my MMA type gloves because they said they were worried about the stitching on them cutting. ??????? I was like "oh, I can hit him as hard as I want with an elbow or knee but I can't wear these because of possible minor cuts?"

bodhitree
12-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I got

depressed:(

Oso
12-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Dude! What for? I've had some sucky as holidays for sure...last year sucked...4 years ago sucked total ass: I workded 2nd shift xmas eve and 1st shift xmas day. Needless to say, I'm not working at that hole anymore.

?????? what gives?

Brad
12-27-2005, 10:00 PM
I got:

The Method of Chinese Wrestling by Tong Zhongyi (translated by Tim Cartmell
The Xingyi Boxing Manual edited by Jin Yunting (translated by John Groschwitz)
Jeans
a shirt
money
some dvds
an Xbox360 game
popcorn
a huge book of ghost stories

GreenCloudCLF
12-28-2005, 06:39 AM
I got a tiny Sony digital camera (5MP)
Some sweaters
a bunch of gift cards to Best Buy/Sam Goody/Blockbuster video
A new apartment
sweatpants
a cell phone (I hate having a cell phone but my wife made me)
and a nap.

BTW go with the iPod it has so many accessories, whatever you want to add on you'll be able to.

SPJ
12-28-2005, 08:24 AM
I got

depressed:(

holiday blues.

some music, some drinks, get-away vacation, ---

swimming and a dip in a Jaccusi--

a walk in a trail in the state park--

---

:D

Becca
12-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Becca: why would they not be deemed valid for point sparring???

When I did that one Lei Tai match last year, they wouldn't let me wear my MMA type gloves because they said they were worried about the stitching on them cutting. ??????? I was like "oh, I can hit him as hard as I want with an elbow or knee but I can't wear these because of possible minor cuts?"

Very little padding. http://www.martialartsmart.net/10x030.html These I can use, though.

MasterKiller
12-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Very little padding. http://www.martialartsmart.net/10x030.html These I can use, though.

We use these:
http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf2.aspx?ID=22292

Becca
12-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Very nice. Those, I could use. My full contact gloves are only 4 oz. Probably why Sifu said not enough padding. But they are just what I need Rolling with the MMA guys. And they are purple.;)

http://www.combatsports.com/detail_tuf2.aspx?ID=22234
I couldn't find the brand of glove I got, but this one is very close in style.

bodhitree
12-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Dude! What for? I've had some sucky as holidays for sure...last year sucked...4 years ago sucked total ass: I workded 2nd shift xmas eve and 1st shift xmas day. Needless to say, I'm not working at that hole anymore.

?????? what gives?

I've been in an on again off again relationship and it is off again due to me and my stupid mouth, we at least talked last night, but there are so many problems and i am so scared and confused. I f**ked it all up. I got all the meterial crap, and that was okay.

syn
12-28-2005, 03:05 PM
My school actually doesn't use gloves, but we don't spar to learn to fight, we mainly to do it to buiild up our accuracy and reaction. But since sometiems my sifu puts my little self up against his son, I'll get a bloody nose every once in a while.

PangQuan
12-28-2005, 03:39 PM
absolutely nothing

zenile
12-28-2005, 03:45 PM
My booty list:

Guitar and lessons to play
Spiderman 2 dvd
Tools for the garage
cold hard cash

Ironic that its called a booty list, but I did not get any booty :(

Chief Fox
12-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I got some booty. Bow chicka wow wow!

PangQuan
12-28-2005, 04:00 PM
ok, if that counts. i got some booty. ;)

MasterKiller
12-28-2005, 04:14 PM
I got some booty. Bow chicka wow wow!

I got some booty.

Joo = pwnd.

PangQuan
12-28-2005, 05:01 PM
looks like we got a booty train going on here.

WOOT WOOT CHUGGA WUGGA

Marcos-XB
12-29-2005, 01:09 PM
I got sunglasses :cool: and about 2 pounds of fat
my uncle also gave me some bit $$$

Becca
01-12-2006, 08:57 AM
Some full contact gloves I can't use in sparring class (I still love'em, though; they'er purple leather!:D ).
http://www.cheapboxing.com/harwrisbaggl.html
I knew if I kept looking, I'd find 'em! Except mine are the women's, of course...:cool:

Judge Pen
01-12-2006, 10:26 AM
I got some booty.

Wow, your wife gave me the same Christmas present. :eek:

Sorry, it was too good of an opportunity to pass up. :D

GeneChing
01-12-2006, 10:50 AM
...but I spent the holidays with my family on Kauai, so I can't complain. :cool:

SPJ
01-12-2006, 08:34 PM
So one of my friends gave me the time share in a resort.

So he paid some down and yearly fee, in return, he has the time of 10 days in a resort close to the pacific ocean with all amenities.

He was kind enough to give me the weekend over X'ams.

I enjoyed the time to be away.

Becca
01-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Noe that sounds like the way to spend Christmas! :cool:

SimonM
01-13-2006, 08:46 AM
Whatcha Get?

I got a bottle of Fen Jieu
a VCD of classical music set to soothing landscape shots
a really nice tea service
a large Chinese knot
a couple of chinese wall hanging scrolls
a pen holder/ vase adorned with a wolf's head and old-european style depictions of archers
a union jack set of nail clippers
a his and hers set of chopsticks
a girlfriend to go with the chopsticks :eek: :cool: :D
and my student loan in Canada paid for the months of December and January

all in all one of the best hauls ever.

Oso
01-13-2006, 09:22 AM
WOW...do all chopstick sets in China come w/ girlfriends???? sweet!

This wasn't an Xmas gift but a gift from my students last fall at our 1 year celebration: I finally ordered my asian bow today. It's technically a korean bow but based on the classic scythian style that is the origin (as I understand it) of all asian bow design.

:( it's still out of stock, been trying to order it for months...but they said if I didn't go ahead and order, I'd not get on the waiting list.

PangQuan
01-13-2006, 06:38 PM
i got this sweet sony mp3 player.

its the bomb

SimonM
01-13-2006, 07:32 PM
WOW...do all chopstick sets in China come w/ girlfriends???? sweet!

The chopsticks were a hint from my girlfriends best friend that I had the green light. :D

Oso
01-13-2006, 07:38 PM
i got this sweet sony mp3 player.

its the bomb

I just picked up my mp3 player w/ my Best Buy card...got the Creative Nano...just 512mb but I've been using a 5 year old Compaq w/ just 64mb so, it'll do me for now....and there was this hot as hell chick manning the mp3 counter...she knew her stuff too and that just made her hotter.

David Jamieson
01-13-2006, 08:21 PM
I got a list of everyone's home address, full name and phone number who is on this site!

new years is gonna be busy, got a lot of houses to egg and trees to tp, not to mention all those flaming bags.

I gotta fiber up for that action.

:p

Oso
01-13-2006, 09:03 PM
ha...you're too old to handle that list all on your own...

SimonM
01-13-2006, 09:09 PM
I got a list of everyone's home address, full name and phone number who is on this site!

new years is gonna be busy, got a lot of houses to egg and trees to tp, not to mention all those flaming bags.

I gotta fiber up for that action.

:p

Bring it David!

Just hang around for a day afterward and we can cross some hands. ;)