PDA

View Full Version : 2006 US Kuoshou Nationals

Oso
12-26-2005, 07:44 PM
anyone got a date yet?

tried a net search but didn't find anything.

I guess it may be a bit early but I need to plan.

SaekSan
12-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Hope all is well with you and having a good holiday!

The tournament is usually the last weekend in July, however last year they had it on the second-to-last weekend.

I beleive it'll be held on July 21-23, but it could be on July 28-30.

They should post it soon on:

www.uskuoshu.org

:)

Oso
12-27-2005, 11:32 AM
thanks for the link.

I want to try to get to both Wong's and the Nationals but they are the same month and will require two days of travel each.

SaekSan
12-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I know how it is, we're pretty wiped financially for any more long distance travels after any event like that. This year, being the qualifier for the World Championships in Singapore, we have to budget accordingly... and look for sponsors.

Hope to see you there!

:)

Oso
12-27-2005, 11:49 AM
'sponsors' ? How do you go about doing that?

SaekSan
12-27-2005, 12:17 PM
" 'sponsors' ? How do you go about doing that?"

Well, that's a real pain in the a**, you have to write proposals to businesses, fill out their paperwork and get them in for review in the beginning of the year (when they budget for this type of stuff). Sometimes you can also hit up some of the local businesses that you associate with (like the ones we do Lion Dances for), this year there's a few restaurants and a grocery store that said they'll help. When we went to the Pan-Ams in 2001 we got four guys tickets paid for by local businesses. For the Worlds in 2003 we collected money in the school and from local biz to get enough to help out the four guys we sent.

The other thing we're working on are fund raisers, those have less paper hassle but are more work intensive. We're planning a few this year already.

Hopefully our guys we'll place and we'll have enough funds to help them all get there. We've been looking for Singapore tickets and they're around $1500.00 to $2000.00... although one of the restaurant owners said last week that he'll hook us up with his cousin that's a travel agent...:D