PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Hong Kong!!!

Sow Choy
12-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey everybody...

Here in Hong Kong, havin lots of fun...

Trained with one of my sihings Master Joe Kwong at the China University of Hong Kong, saw some old students of Lee Koon Hung who still train there with Joe Kwong, his students were pretty good...

Took the Monkey King out for Dim Sum, he schooled me on some history for a few hours, was honored that he came with me... His son is getting married they invited me to the wedding, his banquet for his Kung Fu Association will have some old school movie stars there, Gordon Liu, Lau Ga Leung, Wong Chow Sun and some others...

About to go train with Master Chow Keung now, saw some of his students training last nite, awesome.... He has a nice school with a big rooftop... Very big for Hong Kong...

Grandmaster Poon Sings birthday banquet is soon, and we are definitely going to Sun Wui to Chan Jeung's 1st school...

I will try and post again soon...

Jope everyone has a great and safe new year!!!

Joe

hskwarrior
12-29-2005, 05:53 PM
don't forget to say hello for me if you happen to come across Lok Gee Hung for me Joe, you lucky *******.

you **** Liang Jai you.

when you coming back?

have fun

iron_silk
12-30-2005, 03:18 PM
PLEASE take lots of pictures! sounds like you are having an awesome time and getting to meet lots of cool people and think it would be nice to see you on this journey!

plus I am a big fan of Gordon Liu :D

Shaolindynasty
01-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in.

Infrazael
01-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Joe, is my Sifu Mak Hin Fai in Hong Kong right now as well???

Fu-Pow
01-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Joe, is my Sifu Mak Hin Fai in Hong Kong right now as well???

He is. When are you going to come back to train?

Infrazael
01-04-2006, 11:43 PM
Fu-Pow. . . . . . as soon as possible.

I get my license in 2 weeks. My mom is being a total b**** about driving me. . . . . .

Actually I'll try to see if I can make it next week.

Life's a b****, and alot of times there's nothing I can do about it.

Sow Choy
01-07-2006, 11:18 AM
yo...

I am still in HK, 1 more dayuntil i leave :(

Mak Fai is here, seen him a few times, both at Poon Sing's b-day and the monkey king's banquet...

Took lots of pics... Poon Sings Bday was great, almost 1,000 people showed up, lots of great demos...

The monkey kings banquet for the World Masters Association was phenomenal... Gordon Liu, Lau Ga Leung, Chan Koon Tai, Wong Cow Sun and many others... Even Phillip Ng... :P

Well over 1,000 people there, they cancelled the 2nd half of the demo because they needed the space for tables.... Luckily I was in the 1st half of the show...

Went out to Sun Wui, that was great, the people were so nice, I was very sick though, so couldnt enjoy it as much...

Chan Kai Leung (Monkey Kings son) got married, beautifull wedding...

Will write more soon...

Joe

Shaolindynasty
01-08-2006, 11:27 AM
The monkey kings banquet for the World Masters Association was phenomenal... Gordon Liu, Lau Ga Leung, Chan Koon Tai, Wong Cow Sun and many others... Even Phillip Ng... :P

Thanks for rubbing it in some more. :mad:

Man that would have been fun:(

Did you and Phil go out clubbing?

Galadriel
01-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey Guys,

just got some pics from Hong Kong and put them on the website:

http://www.choylayfut-ireland.com/06hk.html

There are a couple of pics that I still need to upload and will do so tonight.

Galadriel

Fu-Pow
01-12-2006, 05:42 PM
http://www.choylayfut-ireland.com/06hk/hk3.jpg

Can you tell me who the people are in this picture with my Sifu. I recognize Li Siu Hung and Sam Lee. Who are the others?

CLFNole
01-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Besides the ones you know from left to right:

Victor Kim, student of Buk Sam Kong then Sifu, teaches Tai Chi and some CLF in Hawaii

Wong Chi Yuen, Long time LKH student, teaches in Hong Kong

Kwong Cho Yin, Long time LKH student, teaches in Hong Kong

Ah Sing, (don't know is full name), student of LKH lives in Vancouver

Poon Sing (seated, but I think you already know that)

Peace.

Galadriel
01-13-2006, 02:25 AM
As soon as I see my Sifu again, I'll get the full list of all the people as for the moment all I got was the pictures, so bear with me.

Galadriel

Sow Choy
01-13-2006, 01:16 PM
Yo,

Hi everyone, I am back... Trying to get used to the time change...

Will have some pics for y'all next week... Waiting on one student to give me the pics...

Nice ones with Gordon Liu, he was really cool... We talked for a little bit, he is close friends with some of my close friends there, so next time I will take him out for dinner...

Lau Ga Leung looked pretty good, I believe he survived cancer a few times... It was a real treat to meet him, he is one of my childhood heroes... I really admire his skill in directing the fight scenes... And his ability to adapt in weapons and style... Got 3-4 shots with him...

Anthony Wong (Wong Chow Sun), he was instantly flocked my people, apparently he has risen in fame since the last time I saw him... The last time, he showed me around HK a bit and had more time to hang out...

Philip Ng and I never got to hook up as I would have liked, we both were too busy, but for those of you that know him, he is still a great guy, hasnt changed at all... He seems to be doing very well, so I plan on heading there again soon so I can visit him...

At Poon Sing's banquet there were close to 1,000 peeps... crazy... Lots of CLF to see... Must have seen Ping Kuen 200 times... Interesting to see the differences in how they play the forms...

All the LKH players were awesome... Mak Fai, Sam Lee, Li Siu Hung, Tat Wong's daughter, Jeff Chow... And of course the Hong Kong LKH players, Wong Chi Yuen, Joe Kwong (Kwong Cho Yin) & Cheung Yung Hay too...

Was very proud to see CLF played so well, hope there will be a video...

Galadriel, please tell your sifu I said thank you for the time and the great conversations, I really miss him, such a warm guy...

CLFNole, got the answers to many questions... we have to hook up so I can show you before I forget, lol...

Joe

CLFNole
01-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Joe:

I will be by Monday night.

See you then.

Lance

Fu-Pow
01-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Besides the ones you know from left to right:

Victor Kim, student of Buk Sam Kong then Sifu, teaches Tai Chi and some CLF in Hawaii

Wong Chi Yuen, Long time LKH student, teaches in Hong Kong

Kwong Cho Yin, Long time LKH student, teaches in Hong Kong

Ah Sing, (don't know is full name), student of LKH lives in Vancouver

Poon Sing (seated, but I think you already know that)

Peace.

Cool, thanks!!!

Galadriel
01-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Hi Joe,

I will pass on your greetings to Sifu tonight.

I also loaded some more pics up on our website:

http://www.choylayfut-ireland.com/06hk.html

G