PDA

View Full Version : Battle at the Boardwalk

EdwardHsu
12-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Atlantic City Grand Internationals
'Battle at the Boardwalk'
Atlantic City Convention Center
February 17-19,2006

*NEW Revamped Website, viewable with all servers...

Just Added...workshops with Jeremy Horn, Joe Stevenson

The Largest Multi-Disciplined Martial Arts event in America!

It will consist of 14 Separate Championships, 2 Pro events, Asian Festival, World Class Workshops and the 'Living Legends' Banquet.

Championships include:

Battle at the Boardwalk-USA NKF Traditional Karate Championships
Battle at the Boardwalk-Sport Karate Championships
Night of the Warriors-Amateur Mixed Martial Arts
International Chinese Martial Arts Championships
International ITF Championships
Internatioanl Filipino Combat Championships
Iron Tiger Challege-San Shou Tournament
USBA US East Coast Breaking Championships
East Coast Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/Submission Grappling Championships
IFOJJ East Coast Self-Defense Championships
IFOJJ Law Enforcement and Defensive Tactics Championships
US East Coast Combative Sport Weapons Nationals
Battle at the Boardwalk-WTf Taekwondo Championships

Championship Directors include:

Master Jean Jacques Machado
Master Michael DePasquale Jr.
Master John Chung
Shifu Jef Naayers
Shifu Scott Sheeley
Master Tokey Hill
Master Bill Ferkile
Drs. Braff & Hufford
GM Ralph Bergamo
Master Drew Serrano
Mr. Alvin Bernard
Paul Smith
Master Don Edwards

Workshops by:

Bill 'Superfoot' Wallace
Glenn Wilson
Adam James
Dong Cuesta
Michael DePasquale Jr.
Gary Lee

Friday Night Fights...IFC Caged Combat, Pro MMA

Asian Festival...featuring performance team from Heifei, China

'Living Legends' Banquet...Roast of Ni Dai Soke Michael DePasquale Jr.

Roasters include:

Bob Wall
Tokey Hill
Jim Harrison
Ken Knudson
Joe Hess
Joe Bonaci
Fred Fontanez
Bill ' Superfoot' Wallace

Sunday Night 'Super Fights'

Pro Bouts in Eskrima,Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu,Breaking,Taekwondo and featuring USA vs. China San Shou.

Sanctioning Organizations:

NASKA AA Rated
World Cup Martial Arts Organization
NKF - USA
ITF-USA
International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation
IFC-USA
ISKA MMA
United Sport Taekwondo Organization
Pan China Confederation of Martial Arts
International Federation of Ju-Jutsuans
World Breaking Association
Sanryudo Federation
World Black Belt

Battle at the Boardwalk will be covered by:

Black Belt TV
Action Martial Arts Magazine
Throw Down Magazine
Sport Martial Arts
Pro Karate Weekly
Taekwondo Online Magazine

*We will be utilizing over 200,000 sq. ft. of floor space
*Over $50,000 in Cash prizes and awards
*Title Belts
*Championship Rings
*International Teams
*Awarding a Pro MMA contract to winners of Amateur MMA competition
*Rock Climbing Wall,Face Painters and other fun activities
*Over 60 matted Rings
*Fighting Cage
*Boxing Rings
*Electronic Scoring for All Taekwondo Events
*Divisions for Everyone! Youth/ Adult , Am/Pro , Beginner/Advanced
*Register Online!

www.battleattheboardwalk.com
Info@Battleattheboardwalk.com

Mutant
12-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks for posting this, wasnt aware of it.

EdwardHsu
01-03-2006, 11:26 PM
The Battle at the Boardwalk will be the Largest Multi-Disciplined Martial Arts event in America...

We will hold the International Chinese Martial Arts Championships with divisions in Wushu,Wing Chun,Kung Fu,Tai Chi...it will also feature the Iron Tiger San Shou Challenge...winners will recieve Title Belts ...for the Chinese Divisions Grand Champions will recieve Championship Rings...

All the information and applications are available at www.battleattheboardwalk.com

We are also featuring the Sunday Night 'Super Fights' with Pro Bouts in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Eskrima, Breaking,Taekwondo and USA vs. China San Shou...

Hope to see you there!

Edward Hsu

GeneChing
01-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Mutant, it *is* on our calendar (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/news/index.php?month=02&year=2006) and was posted there plenty in advance. Best of luck with the event!

Mutant
01-05-2006, 10:06 AM
Oh yeah there it is, duh... I'll have to remember to check out your calender more often Gene. :)

EdwardHsu
01-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Battle at the Boardwalk announcements...

Pre-Registration deadline extended to February 4th,2006 !

-Largest MA Event on the East Coast...

Divisions in Chinese Martial Arts, San Shou and others...
-Lion Dance competition...1st place $1000!

Divisions for everyone...participation awards for everyone...

I hope to see you there!

Edward Hsu

EdwardHsu
02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
We have also added the rules for the Lion Dance competition...please visit
www.battleattheboardwalk.com and click Lion Dance Competition for rules

1st place-$500 and Championships award
2nd place-$300 and award
3rd place$200 and award

Also sign up for the Chinese Martial Arts Championships and Iron Tiger San Shou Challenge...

Ed Hsu

Wood Dragon
02-03-2006, 12:07 AM
"Ni Dai Soke"?

OK....

EdwardHsu
02-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Ni Dai Soke means '2nd generation'...

Ed Hsu

hellhound
02-03-2006, 10:47 AM
I am going on saturday as that is when the CMA contests will be and when my son's Shotokan school is going. It's like $15 to watch and around $50 to enter. Regards!

EdwardHsu
02-04-2006, 12:41 AM
$15 for a one day spectator pass and $25 for a 2 day pass is a great deal...you will get to see all the Championships during the day...

There is also a Shaolin Monk group that will be coming, they will be performing as well as conducting workshops...I will post ALL info shortly...

Ed Hsu

EdwardHsu
02-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Workshops just added:

From China...

Shaolin Monk- Zhang ShiXie

also Wang XiaoBo

Legendary Karate Champion- Jim harrison

Korean Kumdo Assoication- Grandmaster John Yim- Iaido, Kumdo

Jules
02-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Our guys are going to fight in this one. I'm so mad I have to miss it, as I will be in Florida that entire week. What timing. >_>

~~J

chud
02-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Wow, Bill "Superfoot" Wallace...there's a name I haven't heard in many years! Wish I could go. Someone should post a trip report after it's all over.

EdwardHsu
02-08-2006, 06:24 AM
Hey All...

We have updated our site with more information

We have information listed on the Workshops that the Masters from China will be
conducting...

Also tickets for the Friday night fights Pro MMA are on sale

Ed Hsu

Ray Pina
02-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Looks like fun. I was supposed to be out of town and now won't be and kind of bummed I wasn't aware of all of this. My goal is to fight amatuer MMA before July 4 weekend (so I can party guilt free:) )

Anyway, I noticed you can't strike the guy's head when he's down, and you can't jump on the guy if you knock him down with a strike .... those rules have to be changed. That's terrible. That makes it two games at once .... you have a San Da match and a grappling tournament rolled into one. Why aren't the fighters allowed to open up at this level?

hjt
02-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Looks like fun. I was supposed to be out of town and now won't be and kind of bummed I wasn't aware of all of this. My goal is to fight amatuer MMA before July 4 weekend (so I can party guilt free:) )

Anyway, I noticed you can't strike the guy's head when he's down, and you can't jump on the guy if you knock him down with a strike .... those rules have to be changed. That's terrible. That makes it two games at once .... you have a San Da match and a grappling tournament rolled into one. Why aren't the fighters allowed to open up at this level?

i think in sanctioned amature fights youre not allow to strike on the ground (depending in which state), just stand up and grappling, some tournaments let you strike at the body open palm not the head. which is understandable, its all about safety, especially in amature fights.

Ray Pina
02-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Safety? In a fight with 7oz gloves and no head gear?

I think you'd be safer being taken down and punched out then get clocked good, broken up, and back in for more for 9 minutes.

Maybe that's just me though.

GreenCloudCLF
02-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Ray, this tournament is actually several tournaments being run together.

Each division uses its own rules. the CMA guys are running the San Da. There is amatuer MMA and grappling divisions if thats what you want...check out the website...they have a lot of sh!t going on.

hjt
02-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Safety? In a fight with 7oz gloves and no head gear?

I think you'd be safer being taken down and punched out then get clocked good, broken up, and back in for more for 9 minutes.

Maybe that's just me though.

going to the ground doesnt automatically mean that youre going to knock out your opponent easily, they will defend unless you get them with a lucky shot, most of the time they will grab you and keep you close to them, also theres a possibility of them submitting you, so its not as easy as it seems.

maybe you should start youre own tounament and create your own rules?

Ray Pina
02-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm not hating on your tournament, just saying a few of those rules seem kind of anti-MMA.

I mean, if I hit you so good that you go down .... being that I didn't just get rocked, I know (because I've been there) I have a very good chance of maintaining a favorable position, whether it be continuing to strike or submit.

But if you can't strike the head, when on your back, there's absolutely no reason to keep your guard up ... this is unnatural in fighting. I can just fold my arms across my chest making you commit to a lock and then counter it ..... but even then I can't hit you until we get back up.

I just don't like it. Me personally. That's all. I say let fighters fight. They know what they're getting themselves into. Better yet .... they like it.:)

EdwardHsu
02-10-2006, 01:05 AM
Understand that this is the very first time that Amateur MMA will be allowed in NJ, the NJACB will be there all weekend to watch all the MMA and Kickboxing events.

We had to be very specific to what was allowed and what wasn't...the NJ Athletic Commission was ok with the rules set forth by the USKBA...understand they originally wanted Amateurs to wear Headgear as well...

Understand that in the past there was no difference between AM /Pro in NJ...to fught MMA you had to have all your medicals done( at a cost of $500) and be licensed...this gives the guys who want that experience a chance to fight w/o going through all the red tape and also a chance to fight w/o having to be on a card...

Understand this as well, I have personally spoken to almost ALL the AM MMA fighters...these are young guys , 9 out of 10 never fought before...they are looking to gain valuable experience...in the commisions eyes safety comes first...as a matter of fact isn't MMA banned in NY?

I also had a great conversation with the PA State Athletic Commisioner, he will be there as my guest, and we are going t do an exhibition MMA event sometime in the near future in PA...can't have these guys ground and pound right off the bat!

Hope that clarifies some issues...you should come and watch the events, we even have a Pro MMA event the night before...

Info available at www.battleattheboardwalk.com

Ed Hsu
Promoter-Battle at the Boardwalk