PDA

View Full Version : Din Mak

TatewakiKuno
10-21-2001, 06:21 AM
How effective is it, and does anyone know any shools in the NYC area?

joedoe
10-21-2001, 06:53 AM
Well as the long lost and distant cousin of Dim Mak it is not very effective at all :D

Seriously though, you are about to open a can of worms :)

cxxx[]:::::::::::>
You're fu(king up my chi

dedalus
10-21-2001, 07:45 AM
Dim Mak is a generic term for accupoint striking. It can be found in many Chinese martial arts, although I would say that internal artists are more likely to know explicit dim mak applications.

friday
10-21-2001, 09:51 AM
Dim Mak is very effective.

This is the opinion of my sifus and a very good chinese doctor of mine

it is very dangerous, not something to play around with by ppl who only half know what they are doing.

Sorry, I am unaware of anyone who would be willing to teach u such techniques.

regards,

Mojo
10-21-2001, 06:15 PM
Din Mak - makes a really loud noise while hitting.

:D

KC Elbows
10-21-2001, 06:22 PM
Great masters are able to make the deadly sound of the din mak from a great distance. My grandfather was a master of din mak. He'd just smile and say "Pull my finger."

The nice thing about din mak is that you can always blame the guy next to you. ;)

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:10 PM
I don't know about din mak but dim mak is very efective, but people nowadays don't really belive it exist anymore but some form of it can be found in almost any asian martial art.Look up george dillman or contact Leon Jay.He is the chairman of small circle Jujitsu International. I've met him before.He studied many different arts and he will tell you anything you need to know and he will guide you in the right direction.go to www.smallcirclejujitsu.com (http://www.smallcirclejujitsu.com) Theyhave some pretty cool tapes out that show pressure point k.o.s and stuff. And yes it really works he did that stuff on me before.
DOH!!

Abstract
10-21-2001, 09:39 PM
i too, am familiar with that style, and have also heard it called by a more soulful, internal approach, commonly known as 'A$$ Trumpeting'..and from what i understand, it can paralyze even the strongest of fighters!!

-------------------------
In mildness is the strength of steel

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:43 PM
yes>> a$$ trumpeting is a very deadly style.What people don't know is that the secrect society of A$$ trumpeters are behind every premature death of all masters since 1250.

DOH!!

Kung Lek
10-21-2001, 09:44 PM
well, my Si Fu has demonstrated some of the "mild" techniques on me and they hurt like heck! Numbs the limbs they does!

I can only shudder to think what the liver rupturing strike must feel like...don't even want to go there.

Anyway, for proper din mak, you need to add real cheese, the powder stuff doesn't taste as good without a good dollup of cheddar. Also butter and milk will make the din mak ultra tasty.

Din Mak is a Kraft you know! hahahahahaha, sorry, I speel bod sometims two.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

Abstract
10-21-2001, 09:48 PM
the greatest thing about it, is that you can practice it ANYWHERE ANYTIME on resisting oppanents! NOBODY ever suspects you will use your technique in a public place, and when you do, WHEW!!!!!!!!! it is the ULTIMATE STYLE for taking on multiple attackers!!

-------------------------
In mildness is the strength of steel

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:49 PM
The secret to din mak is to control the flow of the intrinsic fuel. To much and you'll have a mess in your pants but if the right amount is used you will defeat even the greatest master.

DOH!!

gazza99
10-21-2001, 09:50 PM
Dim-Mak (dien Xue), or the use of pressure points are very effective if you have a good solid martial skill to go along with it.
Hence it is not a style in and of itself. But it can be found in many styles. Dillman and Moneymaker analyze Okinowin kata and find it, Erle Montaigue takes it from Taijiquan. Erle has an encyclopedia in print by Paladin press which will tell you the location, damage, brief application, healing etc. Regardless of what you practice if you interested in Dim-mak you should have a good reference. Also on my website im working on point location diagrams with brief descriptions on the points..(see my link at the bottom)
Al Krych is Erles main instructor in the USA, he is located in New Jersey, his email may be found on Erles site www.taijiworld.com (http://www.taijiworld.com) . Just go to contents page and follow the USA instructors link on the bottom left of the page. Al is also a NJ state trooper and a great guy.
Regards,
Gary

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:51 PM
A true master can clear out a room of fifty oponnents with one din mak technique...

DOH!!

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:53 PM
Yeah you can find some form of pressure point fighting in almost any style.

DOH!!

fiercest tiger
10-22-2001, 04:06 AM
its not more likely internal styles use it, all chinese arts use dim ma, dim yuet skills. its hard to find a real teacher, although montigue is producing dim mak masters everywhere, still i dont think they are all legit.

no disrespect gary, same as dillmans guys too! see you need to have hands on training, you need to kill people to find out if its true. knocking people out always isnt dim ma, dim yuet skills.

my 2 cents worth :)

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

gazza99
10-22-2001, 04:19 AM
F.T.
I agree that to really find out if you can use dim-mak to kill people you must accually do it. Fortunately Im not a serial killer so I have only knocked people out and temporarily paralyzed people with it to defend myself!

But in my opinion you dont have to kill people to use "Dim-Mak" the term is not that literal. A pressure point is a pressure point, and its even more dangerous with internal knowledge.

The point is you dont need to use a death point to know how to strike properly to dim-mak points along the meridians.

"although montigue is producing dim mak masters everywhere, still i dont think they are all legit."

Accually I have found Erles instructors are hard to find, especially in the USA, I am only one of Six in this country. Im only a basic instructor, not even close to being a "Master". But I see your point, as every organization has to have some illigitimate "Masters" But I have yet to meet any of Erles.

If you have an experiance (in that you've accually trained with one) of Erles instructors that made you think he is not up to par please relate that experiance to me, and Ill forward it to Erle personally.
Kind Regards,
Gary R.

"Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong"-Dennis Miller
www.pressurepointfighting.com (http://www.pressurepointfighting.com)

TatewakiKuno
10-22-2001, 05:22 AM
Thanks for all the helpful information everyone, im sure it will help me in the road to come

dedalus
10-22-2001, 05:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Its not more likely internal styles use it, all chinese arts use dim ma, dim yuet skills [/quote]

I wanted to focus my comment on the fact that internal stylists are more likely to *know* about it. In retrospect my karate training had some dim mak in it, but I just thought of it as painful spots and didn't recognise that there was any other danger. It wasn't taught systematically, either.

One reason why I still think internalists are more likely to know about dim mak is becasue internal styles often focus on health, which in turn supervenes on the theories of TCM. You might even characterise dim mak as the evil nemesis of accupuncture. So I guess any martial artist who also practices TCM (or perhaps even shiatsu) is likely to find dim mak in their martial art.

Perhaps the bone of contention is whether one must accept the TCM theory of qi manipulation to fully understand dim mak. So far we can't explicate the physiology that underlies its effects, and if that's all you're looking at (eg in karate) then you wont have the whole story.

Sam Wiley
10-22-2001, 05:36 AM
If you are in Jersey, you should definitely look up Al Krych. His e-mail address if I remember is pr@nac.net.

If you seriously want to learn dim-mak, I would suggest asking him to show you the 10 beginner's dim-mak forms, the fa-jing ch'uan methods. Not only are they great fighting methods, they teach you fa-jing in realistic situations, how to deal with many different attacks, and the locations of many key dim-mak points in regard to a technique, which makes them easier to remember. In addition to that, I'd ask about the Small San Sau exercise, which is another good one for all the same reasons, this time from a strictly Taiji point of view. Some push hands exercises might help a bit too. These can give you a pretty good foundation, in my opinion.

brassmonkey
10-22-2001, 05:50 AM
Dim Mak is mid level if you wanna be really good you should learn kong jing(empty force.) This is the ability to strike or throw someone without touching them.

Dragon Warrior
10-22-2001, 04:29 PM
if you want to learn some real kung fu and dim mak, go visit George Crayton's Kung fu shcool in jamaca queens ny, his school is no joke, he has developed some of the best fighters i have seen, and his dim mak is amazing.

For years, religion did nothing but divide. (killa priest)

Religion is like a prison for the seekers of wisdom. (killa priest)