PDA

View Full Version : SORCERY MAGIC SHAMANISM WICCA .....

brucelee2
03-06-2001, 05:10 AM
From personal correspondences I have had with members of this forum, it seems like alot of you are into some freaky and cool stuff. I'd like to hear more about it and how it relates to your practice of the internal arts.

Myself, I do Bagua and lately have been focusing on energetic work with intent (plus slightly more mundane matters:-)

Daniel Madar
03-06-2001, 05:23 AM
I'm a fanatical catholic. I spend a lot of time probing the mystic roots of religions, focusing on those of the Book. You can read my post on the inter-relations of Ki/Qi and the jewish/christian/muslim mystics in the main forum.

Before I returned to the Faith, I spent a lot of time playing with the Occult, and what I discovered was that, lacking a cohesive organization, the essential mystical quality had been lost, and replaced with ritualistic blather.

Oddly, that's the same accusation many people have for catholicism, but if you dig deep enough in the organized religions, a kernel of truth remains. If you dig deep enough into the Church of Satan, you realize that Anton Lavey had a very lonely childhood.

The one interesting thing is that I grew up in New England, where Witchcraft does have a long tradition, and if you can find the older groups they do have a firm root. I tend to classify Wiccans as johnny come latelies on the witchcraft scene.

The most beneficial result of my dabbling with the occult is that I was more open to the utilization of Qi, which is something that classical religion does not prepare you for, unless you look for it. As a result, I first saw qi within 8 months of beginning my practice, though I still do not see it consistently.

Waidan
03-06-2001, 08:04 PM
Erisian thought (or non-thought at the higher levels) blends very well with traditional Bagua. Accepting change as the only constant is a big step towards heroic gungfu skill ;)

Waidan - The Discordian Palm

origenx
03-06-2001, 09:15 PM
Waidan - What is "Erisian" thought?

Waidan
03-06-2001, 11:14 PM
"Erisian" in reference to Eris (Discordia to the Romans), Goddess of chaos. It's a school of thought (and plenty of humor, mind you) based on the idea that, while reality exists, everything you know about it was created in your head.

The only true Law reality follows with any regularity, according to the Principia Discordia, is the "Law of 5" which basically states that "All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5". Ask any xingyi practitioner how they relate that to their training. :)

To most it's a bunch of sillyness. To a few it's a religion. To the rest of us it's unique, insightful take on the nature of reality and a light-hearted yet all-too-meaningful life philosophy.