PDA

View Full Version : OW! injury help

bean
01-06-2006, 10:31 AM
just a quck question....

i think i pulled my hamstring in class last night, i say think because the pain is alot higher than when i have done this previously i.e. it is concentrated directly below my backside, does any one know what is the best treatment i.e. heat/cold/rest etc.

It happened after i had stretched, all i was doing was moving to sit on the floor (lame!) got the 'burn' instantly (extreme cramp?) and carried on tentatively (sp?) for the rest of the class. Still hurts today and really want to train tomorrow....

any help would be appreciated

fa_jing
01-06-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure about helping you but I think I've had that before. A good one for the hamstrings is to stand with your feet about 1.5 shoulders width apart, lock the knees, fold at the hip and hold your torso horizontal, looking in front of you with the arms held straight out to make it harder. Good one to do after horse stance.

sihing
01-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Looks like I may have something similar to the problem that bean has. I've never really pulled a hamstring before but have agrivated it a couple of years ago. Just recently I had to do some unplanned demos, so I guess after the first one even though I stretched before, it wasn't enough. There was a bit of tightness there after and since then (two weeks ago) it has been there but not very serious. Just today while doing some leg curls, I got off the machine and the tight feeling went into my calf region also, somehow doing a thigh excersise I aggrivated it more. Now hours later it seems to be getting tighter and more uncomfortable. I applied some ben-gay type stuff to help out.

Anyone have any other tips? I tried stretching it today and the left side where the injury is, is much tighter.....

Thanks..

James

P.S. Side kicks hurt less than front kicks, if this type of info helps let me know...