PDA

View Full Version : Spider Kung Fu

Blacktiger
01-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this style or has any info in relation to it. :)

MasterKiller
01-08-2006, 03:35 PM
USSD made up a "white spider" Shaolin system.

Blacktiger
01-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Ok thats a start, im not sure if its the same as this but I would not know though as I have only heard the name mentioned with no background info at all.

From what I hear its pretty rare.

joedoe
01-08-2006, 08:34 PM
My sifu has mentioned it but not much more than that.

Blacktiger
01-08-2006, 09:38 PM
From what I hear it was a high level system that was taught after you had mastered another style, to kick you to the next level. But facts and info are very sketchy. Its meant to be very effective.

David Jamieson
01-09-2006, 12:33 PM
From what I hear it was a high level system that was taught after you had mastered another style, to kick you to the next level. But facts and info are very sketchy. Its meant to be very effective.

I mean no rudeness, but this sounds like the line of shlock that is few to a lot of people about a lot of kungfu. :p

There's a lot of shlock in martial arts.

Over the past 5 years and a more steady diet of meat and potatoes type martial arts study, I've discovered that there is no such thing as high level except in the mind of those who like to think of things in levels.

kungfu is hard work. You work hard and practice, you will get better at it. You will never be the best and no one who does reach some level of bestness ever stays there for longer than a few days and then the next guy comes along.

style has little to do with personal skill. Style is simply picking which route you will take to gain skill. You may not stick with one style and instead branch out an absorb from several places.

basics are virtually the same regardless of style and it is basics that are built off of and worked the most, because it is basics that count and not some obscure technique that may have worked for some guy 200 years ago but cretainly doesn't seem to be working on the mat much for anyone else lol.

Keep it simple and you will advance, try to follow smoke and you'll end up looking at a burnt mound of nothing. :P

TenTigers
01-09-2006, 04:20 PM
I could never learn that. Iwould be too freaked out. Just the thought of it gives me the willies.

Blacktiger
01-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Ahhhhhh thanks David for the lesson but you have read way too much into what I have said.

Im just curious about the style and any info on it end of story :)

Fu-Pow
01-09-2006, 05:16 PM
I heard it is related to the sea slug style of Nan Jing.

PangQuan
01-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I heard it is related to the sea slug style of Nan Jing.

haha