PDA

View Full Version : kung fu fight vid?

shirkers1
01-10-2006, 01:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/?v=MEkBMZHkj0E

Any one have any info on what style these two fighters studied? The one guy throws a lot of pi choi or wheel fists trying to crash through his opponent.

Also any one have any info as to what kind of event this was? Is this how the tourneys of old were held? I say this because there is a form demo before the fight so I was wondering if the "sparring" back in the day was a bare knuckle fight etc......

bodhitree
01-10-2006, 01:15 PM
that was certainly weird.

shirkers1
01-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Now I can't make out the english subtitles I do make out "instructors" so I'm guessing these guys are suppose to be of "quality" in regards to their system. Obviously when put side by side with what we have today as bare knuckle nhb fighting that seemed rather weak indeed. But that is why I'm looking into the background as to what the event was and the who, what, when, why kind of thing behind it.

I thought it was funny when the guy had the bloody nose and just kept walking around wipping his nose. :)

GreenCloudCLF
01-10-2006, 01:24 PM
This video was posted in another thread by Sifu Ross. I think he said it was a Tai Chi guy vs. umm a hop Gar guy maybe...can;t remember,. I think its in the Chan Tai San stories thread...or that morals and ethics thread,.

shirkers1
01-10-2006, 01:35 PM
This video was posted in another thread by Sifu Ross. I think he said it was a Tai Chi guy vs. umm a hop Gar guy maybe...can;t remember,. I think its in the Chan Tai San stories thread...or that morals and ethics thread,.

Cool thanks...

Oso
01-10-2006, 01:44 PM
that clips been around a long time

if I remember right, white crane vs. tai chi but can't remember the tai chi side is accurate.

generally held as a bad example.

shirkers1
01-10-2006, 01:46 PM
that clips been around a long time

if I remember right, white crane vs. tai chi but can't remember the tai chi side is accurate.

generally held as a bad example.

thanks.. :)

hskwarrior
01-10-2006, 02:29 PM
I Thought I Saw Some Kwa Sow Chops, Sow Choy's, Even Some Rolling Pek Choy's As Well.

Perhaps The Taller One Had Some Clf Training. I Could Be Wrong.

But Not Bad.

GeneChing
01-10-2006, 02:46 PM
I liked the kung fu fighting cos players (http://www.youtube.com/w/Kung-Fu-Fighting-Cosplayers?v=dn9_ruxzRoI&search=kung%20fu%20fight) link on that site. Very amusing...

htowndragon
01-10-2006, 04:28 PM
thats Chan Hak Fu (Chen Ke Fu) vs Wu Gong Yi
Tibetan White Crane vs. Wu Style Tai Ji.

WinterPalm
01-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Geneching, there's an interesting karate kung fu video on that link you put up...

I smell a ban...

HearWa
01-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Is that the fight that was held to raise money to charity?

IronFist
01-10-2006, 08:42 PM
I remember that vid. A 2nd week MMA student would stomp both of them.

No offence.