PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Xie Pei Qi & Yao Cheng Guang

Jin
03-08-2001, 10:43 PM
Hi there
Any comment on Dr.Xie pei qi's Yin shi bagua tapes. I wonder if there are anything worth learning from the tapes beside physical method..ie..techniques,form etc. And the same question goes to master yao cheng guang 11 vcds on yi quan..
thank you in advance ;)

baji-fist
03-09-2001, 01:21 AM
I definetly recommend the tapes of Dr Xie Pei Qi and He Jian Bao (his top disciple). His Yin Style Bagua is quite powerful. My sifu was quite impressed with Dr. Xie and with Sifu He. Their knowledge in applications is very extensive and you can definetly learn something from them. If you also have the chance, you should attend one of their seminars here in the US. I know they will be having some seminars around late summer to early fall.

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.

RAF
03-11-2001, 12:11 AM
Guo Bao-lo

How close is Dr. Xie Pie's material to what you have seen or learned in the Wu Tang system? I just judged one of his students doing a noncircular (kinda linear) form and found it akin to some of what I have learned beyond the 8 mother palms.

Do the tapes show applications? Neigong exercises?

Thanks.

baji-fist
03-11-2001, 11:16 AM
Hey RAF!

I messed around with the Lion system that Dr. Xie teaches. The Lion system is really aggressive and is supposed to be really good for tall people. Compared to what we have done, it seems to focus more on issueing energy. A lot of fa jing is placed in the movements. But like you I have noticed a lot of similarities in the movements...especially the Snake system that Dr. Xie teaches. A lot of the movements remind me of GM Liu's single palm changes. Also like us, they stress constant practice in the basics. The videos are excellent. It provided a lot of simple to use applications of the forms. The nei gong practice I believe are in another set of videos. But yeah, I definetly recommend checking out the videos

You must eat bitter before you can taste sweet.