PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu in Las Vegas, NV

GokartMozart
01-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Hello Everybody!

I'm new to the forum. Does anyone have any recommendations for Chinese Martial Art training in Las Vegas, Nevada?

I read that Mike Patterson was moving here at one time, but I don't know if he ever opened a school or accepted students.

I'm not concerned so much by the style as the quality of instruction. I'm also pretty unfamiliar with Chinese styles and what's here in Las Vegas.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!! :)

Tim
Las Vegas, NV

Sifu Darkfist
01-12-2006, 11:40 PM
troll on over and try to find Don Niam. At on time he was ranked #2 in the USA for full contact. He is a pro club manager/ personal security bodyguard, super fighter.
Other wise eat well lets say eat a meal and ask again. there is no one else.

Sifu Darkfist
01-12-2006, 11:42 PM
I Am sorry it is Master Don Niam. Yes he is far above ordinary master for his fighting technique as well as time training.
James

GokartMozart
01-13-2006, 12:47 AM
What is his school name or location? Does he teach commercially here in Vegas?

Thanks for info.

Tim

brothernumber9
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
I thought he was in Ohio? did he move?

GokartMozart
01-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Anyone else have any recommendations for training here in Las Vegas?

Again, I appreciate any and all help :)

Thanks,

Tim

Dim Wit Mak
01-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Check out the Shaolin Institute at 7905 W. Sahara Ave. (702)562-8666. I had a chance to talk to one of the instructors last summer and I liked what I saw. You have nothing to lose from a visit.

PangQuan
01-13-2006, 06:35 PM
i second the shaolin

GokartMozart
01-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Dim Wit Mak/PangQuan,

Thanks for the advice guys! :D

Tim

Fen
01-14-2006, 11:40 AM
GokartMozart, Tim:

I would look at the Lo Han School of Shaolin of Las Vegas. They are good school and Steven Baugh, Sifu is a good teacher.

Here is some info:
http://www.lvlohans.com

Las Vegas, NV 89102
(702)364-5875 - office
(702)367-2790 - fax

Directions
Take Spring Mt. Road East to Valley View
Valley View South (three driveways)
Turn right into Schiff Dr.

~Jason

Vajramusti
01-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Steven Leung teaches good wing chun privately in LV. I cant locate his email address at the moment- but he should be in the white(not yellow) pages. He is in the Duncan
Leung/ Alan Lee tradition out of NYC originally.
joy chaudhuri

BigRedFist
01-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Check out the Shaolin Institute at 7905 W. Sahara Ave. (702)562-8666. I had a chance to talk to one of the instructors last summer and I liked what I saw. You have nothing to lose from a visit.

Rumor has it that Xing Wei has left Shaolin Institute and screwed Doc over. See russbo.com forums for more info.

The Fist has returned.

BigRedFist
01-14-2006, 12:41 PM
GokartMozart, Tim:

I would look at the Lo Han School of Shaolin of Las Vegas. They are good school and Steven Baugh, Sifu is a good teacher.

~Jason

I guess the best that a Mexican Indian from South Central LA that claims to be a "Ordained Shaolin Priest" and really knows nothing about Shaolin or Chinese Culture can do.

Fen
01-14-2006, 01:55 PM
BRF-

Sifu Baugh is a good teacher, has a good school, and is a good person. I never sais anything about him being a priest.

I'm assuming you either got it off his website or are an old student. I could care less about him being a priest, he's a good teacher either way...

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one.

~Jason

eling99
01-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Rumor has it that Xing Wei has left Shaolin Institute and screwed Doc over. See russbo.com forums for more info.

The Fist has returned.

is true. Xing Wei has left Shaolin Institute. He opend his own school on spring mtn and arville!!

Lohan School...hmmmm... i dont know what to say!! ordain priest...LOL

GokartMozart...what are you looking for? pm me!!!

Dim Wit Mak
01-14-2006, 07:15 PM

The Fist has returned.

I wasn't aware of this and am very sorry to hear it.:(

Fitdoc
01-14-2006, 09:51 PM
I trained under Don Niam in akron, ohio during the late 1980's. Very good instructor. Dont know if he's still in akron (website says he is), but i can vouche for his skill and expertise.

Also, i too would recommend Richard Russell's school (russbo.com). He brings real shao-lin monks from deng feng to teach at his school. I know because i trained with the master of some of them (Shi De Cheng in Deng Feng).

Sifu Darkfist
01-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Master Niam still has an akron school. However i heard he has considered working in vegas as well teaching because he does other protective managerial work there on occasion. I could be wrong about teaching i havent seen him in over a year. If you find him there he is Awesome.

eling99
01-14-2006, 11:39 PM
I trained under Don Niam in akron, ohio during the late 1980's. Very good instructor. Dont know if he's still in akron (website says he is), but i can vouche for his skill and expertise.

Also, i too would recommend Richard Russell's school (russbo.com). He brings real shao-lin monks from deng feng to teach at his school. I know because i trained with the master of some of them (Shi De Cheng in Deng Feng).

as of right now...i dont think rich can bring anymore monks cuz of what xing wei did!!!

GokartMozart
01-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Tao of Wushu/Jason, Vajramusti, Fitdoc:

Thanks for taking the time to give me some recommendations. :D

Tim

BigRedFist
01-16-2006, 02:26 PM
as of right now...i dont think rich can bring anymore monks cuz of what xing wei did!!!

He can do whatever he wants. The bigger question is does he really want to? Is it worth the time, money and effort to be taken advantage of? How come so many "Monks" screw over the ones that bring them to America? Sounds like a new rant for Doc to work on.

eling99
01-16-2006, 03:12 PM
He can do whatever he wants. The bigger question is does he really want to? Is it worth the time, money and effort to be taken advantage of? How come so many "Monks" screw over the ones that bring them to America? Sounds like a new rant for Doc to work on.

i know he can do wat he wants, but just like u said..does he want to do it?

Shaolindynasty
01-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Funny that the lohan school came up.

Last year i was visiting family in vegas. While I was there I was looking for a school for my nephew. I came across this school and called it. I got the strangest response when I asked what style it was. I wasn't questioning the authenticity of the school but the website isn't clear on what style they teach and the sifu seems to have had allot of teachers(kinda makes me wonder how much time was spent with each one)

Anyway when I asked "what style do you teach" The guy on the phone kept repeating "our sifu learned from many masters and he is THE REAL DEAL!!"

Sounds like the guy may have been trying to convince himself.

Reguardless of if the schools good or not I got a really wierd vibe from it.

eling99
01-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Funny that the lohan school came up.

Last year i was visiting family in vegas. While I was there I was looking for a school for my nephew. I came across this school and called it. I got the strangest response when I asked what style it was. I wasn't questioning the authenticity of the school but the website isn't clear on what style they teach and the sifu seems to have had allot of teachers(kinda makes me wonder how much time was spent with each one)

Anyway when I asked "what style do you teach" The guy on the phone kept repeating "our sifu learned from many masters and he is THE REAL DEAL!!"

Sounds like the guy may have been trying to convince himself.

Reguardless of if the schools good or not I got a really wierd vibe from it.

definately sounds like the lohans!!! where is ur nephew practicing now?

Shaolindynasty
01-17-2006, 11:49 AM
He's not but I recommended Master Toddy (muay Thai).

I couldn't find much kungfu that could match that quality.

Aside from Doc's shaolin school but he seems to hav allot of problems with his instructors

eling99
01-17-2006, 12:03 PM
i heard of master toddy, but im not 2 sure if i want to do muay thai..i have to think about it.

im trying to work with Doc to have my sifu teach at the school!!!

Fen
01-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Now, I do Not know what you all have against Lo hans!!! And I realy not not care.. But before you run your mouth maybe you sould call around to his Sifus and ask about him... Sifu Baugh is a good teacher and takes the time to learn as much as he can.... I am a product of his old school and if you like you are more then welcome to test me out... do your home work before you come. becase your PRC Kung fu will not help you. And as a student of PRC Monk Shi Xing Wei you think you would have a little more respect for old school Shaolin...

~Jason

eling99
01-17-2006, 03:10 PM
how many of you old products are still there?

and im not a student of xing wei

Fen
01-17-2006, 03:59 PM
how many of you old products are still there?

and im not a student of xing wei

Like most of the old students we come and go... If I may ask what is your beef with the Lo Hans?

As for you being a student of Xing Wei: Then ether you or your Pofile is not telling the truth...

View Profile: eling99
What's your MA style?:
Shaolin
How long have you trained?:
8 years
Biography:
]Student of Shi Xing Wei

~Jason

eling99
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
i should have said..i use to be a student of xing wei. i have no beef with the lohans...in fact, i use to practice with the lohans...2 weeks!!! i had friends in the lohan school...the older students, more like 6-7 years ago!!!....

i dont want to turn this into a war. so thats all im gonna say!!!

Fen
01-17-2006, 04:43 PM
I was there before that. I was there in 1991-96 Then I went on the other teachers... No war need.... I am the typ to bee-fend my teachers and schools....

~Jason

eling99
01-17-2006, 04:47 PM
is cool..i totally understand..wow...91-96...it probably was different back then.

Fen
01-17-2006, 04:56 PM
We trained in the Garage-Fu style back then.... I am getting old this sucks... :( lol

~Jason

eling99
01-17-2006, 04:59 PM
yeah...i heard about those days...i guess u r old...hahah..j/k...if u keep practicing...its all that matters

Fen
01-17-2006, 05:07 PM
True.... Anyhow I need to jet and do home work for class tonight.... So have a good CNY!!!

GokartMozart / Tim: Please go and check it out. There a lot biger now and always have somthing going.... Tell Sifu Baugh that you chated with me on KFM and that said you sould check it out....K... Good luck with your training....

~Jason VanWinkle
Fen Kwoon (http://www.fenkwoon.com)

GokartMozart
01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks Jason,

I'm travelling for work alot the next week and a half, but I'll stop by when I'm back in town and introduce myself and mention you.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

Yung Apprentice
02-06-2006, 07:55 PM
So the Shaolin monk is still in town? Thats interesting, I think I came acrossed that school once, but it was closed, but I noticed on the class schedule on the front door, that they had San Shou classes, which I found very interesting. I don't think they had taught San SHou at the Shaolin Institute, but then again I could be wrong.

Who teaches the Shaolin classes there now?

GokartMozart- Mike Patterson is still in the process of moving here. But his Kung Fu brother has been teaching here for at least a decade.(I think) His name is Dale Shigenaga and he teaches on Washington and Nellis, I believe. Why Mike Patterson is coming here, and opening a seperate school, kind of makes me wonder.

There is a JKD school, on Charleston, east of Decatur, just east of the Walmart. It's supposed to be pretty good.

There are a lot of Wing Chun schools out here just open the yellow pages and you'll see a few, or go to the Wing Chun forum and ask there, they should be able to point you in the right direction for the ones not listed.

I've heard the Wing Chun school, that teaches at the same place as the Shaolin Insitute, it's Lo Man Kam Wing Chun, I've heard from many sources that it's a great school, and I've witnessed at Winchester Park once the sticky hands of two students of that school, and I was impressed.

I came across the Academy of Jeet Kune Do/Kali, it supposedly has different locations, the number was 528-0481 I don't know if they still teach or anything else about them.

There is another Shaolin school here, that I came across, that I found interesting. I don't know the lineage. I found it interesting, because they had a teacher of 7 star Preying Mantis, and a Shui Jao (spelling?) teacher there as well. I can't vouch for them however. It's theLas Vegas Kung Fu Academy on Horizon Ridge Parkway, they're listed.

There is also a LongFist school here, on the westside of town, but I can't think of the name, or remember the address. If your interested I'll try to hunt down the address. Just let me know.

I trained at the CDF academy on Rainbow and Westcliff. I can vouch for that school. Great school, great workout, great teacher. There is Lama Pai Crane infused into the Jkd. Heavy emphasis on trapping, conditioning, and combat skills. It is not a forms school. Sifu Jack Soderberg is a very nice guy, and very patient. He also has a Tai Chi class on Monday.

Green Cloud
02-06-2006, 07:59 PM
There is actualy a Shaolin temple in vegas with real shaolin monks just go to russbo.com

Yung Apprentice
02-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Greencloud- They are not there, read the other posts in this thread for further info.

Green Cloud
02-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh shoot my bad didn't know they moved.

eling99
02-06-2006, 10:57 PM
So the Shaolin monk is still in town? Thats interesting, I think I came acrossed that school once, but it was closed, but I noticed on the class schedule on the front door, that they had San Shou classes, which I found very interesting. I don't think they had taught San SHou at the Shaolin Institute, but then again I could be wrong.

Who teaches the Shaolin classes there now?

GokartMozart- Mike Patterson is still in the process of moving here. But his Kung Fu brother has been teaching here for at least a decade.(I think) His name is Dale Shigenaga and he teaches on Washington and Nellis, I believe. Why Mike Patterson is coming here, and opening a seperate school, kind of makes me wonder.

There is a JKD school, on Charleston, east of Decatur, just east of the Walmart. It's supposed to be pretty good.

There are a lot of Wing Chun schools out here just open the yellow pages and you'll see a few, or go to the Wing Chun forum and ask there, they should be able to point you in the right direction for the ones not listed.

I've heard the Wing Chun school, that teaches at the same place as the Shaolin Insitute, it's Lo Man Kam Wing Chun, I've heard from many sources that it's a great school, and I've witnessed at Winchester Park once the sticky hands of two students of that school, and I was impressed.

I came across the Academy of Jeet Kune Do/Kali, it supposedly has different locations, the number was 528-0481 I don't know if they still teach or anything else about them.

There is another Shaolin school here, that I came across, that I found interesting. I don't know the lineage. I found it interesting, because they had a teacher of 7 star Preying Mantis, and a Shui Jao (spelling?) teacher there as well. I can't vouch for them however. It's theLas Vegas Kung Fu Academy on Horizon Ridge Parkway, they're listed.

There is also a LongFist school here, on the westside of town, but I can't think of the name, or remember the address. If your interested I'll try to hunt down the address. Just let me know.

I trained at the CDF academy on Rainbow and Westcliff. I can vouch for that school. Great school, great workout, great teacher. There is Lama Pai Crane infused into the Jkd. Heavy emphasis on trapping, conditioning, and combat skills. It is not a forms school. Sifu Jack Soderberg is a very nice guy, and very patient. He also has a Tai Chi class on Monday.

i met jack about 6 yrs ago. really nice guy. never trained with him though. heard good things though

Yung Apprentice
02-07-2006, 02:30 PM
I had to stop training at his school twice. The first time I had lost my job, so it was the money issue, and right now my work schedule doesn't allow me to. In a couple months thought, I should be having my schedule changed, so I will be going back to sifu Jack.

Benkungfu
09-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Hello Everybody!

I'm new to the forum. Does anyone have any recommendations for Chinese Martial Art training in Las Vegas, Nevada?

I read that Mike Patterson was moving here at one time, but I don't know if he ever opened a school or accepted students.

I'm not concerned so much by the style as the quality of instruction. I'm also pretty unfamiliar with Chinese styles and what's here in Las Vegas.

Tim
Las Vegas, NV

My brother and I already checked Mike Patterson out. In our personal opinion we were not impressed. Not sure who exactly was his teacher and his claims to being a tournament champion are vague with no real proof. We tried a background check on who his teacher really was and found out his father was studying and maybe taught Mike a few tricks. This was all that is really known. After viewing what he had to offer we passed. There is many other real fighting styles in Las Vegas. Try the monk. He is really authentic and real.

Syn7
09-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Dim Wit Mak/PangQuan,

is dim wit mak for real??? maybe i shouldve read more... i hope its real... lol

xcakid
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Xing Wei's school
http://www.kungfuchan.com/

:D

Syn7
09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Xing Wei's school
http://www.kungfuchan.com/

:D

is there dim wit mak there??? didnt see it and i looked... i didnt read everything tho... didnt see it in the styles paragraph in the kungfu section tho...

i love how languages crossover and say funny things... i have a friend who works on the phone and somebody on his list was actually name H. Bocks... first name ended up being Harry, harry bocks... awesome... theres a ton of em... like my friend from highschool, Mia Ho... we had fun with that one ofcourse... she was a good sport tho, she could dish it back...

dim wit mak... love it lol

MysteriousPower
09-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Mike Patterson studied with the same teacher Tim Cartmell did so he probably isn't that bad. The guys name was Hsu Hong Ji. Google it and you will find info on him.

I never met Mr Patterson personally. Why did you not like his Kung Fu teaching? He seems to be a good mic of old and new methods.

Mike Patterson
10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
My brother and I already checked Mike Patterson out.

Doubtful. :)

Funny how folks like you never leave a name. Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you make an obviously lame comment and don't back it up with anything other than rhetoric?

My bio has been public since the mid 90's. You may find it here:
http://www.hsing-i.com/shrfu_bio/index.html

My lineage, also public since that time, here:
http://www.hsing-i.com/family_tree/index.html

My training record, also public from my reinvolvement in full contact in 1994 to 2000 when I retired from that venue, here:
http://www.hsing-i.com/school_awards/index.html

So you couldn't find anything on me, huh? Utterly laughable.;)

Benkungfu
12-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Bull Sheet

Benkungfu
12-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Hello Everybody!

Tim
Las Vegas, NV

Laughable ... is this Mr Patterson tooting his own horn? lol

Dale Dugas
12-25-2010, 04:03 PM
bkf, how about making yourself as public as Shifu Patterson?

You make big claims and have not backed any of it up.

Benkungfu
12-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Lol!!!!!!!

Dale Dugas
12-26-2010, 06:18 AM
and yet another unknown net ghost necroes a thread and starts sniping at known teachers.

This is the kind of people we do not need here.

Cowards who only speak on net forums as they could never man up and say these things knowing people could hold it against them, or come visit them to actually see who and what they are.

You are a sad little kid who really has no clue.

Good luck with life, you are going to need it.

Dale Dugas
12-26-2010, 06:26 AM
My brother and I already checked Mike Patterson out. In our personal opinion we were not impressed. Not sure who exactly was his teacher and his claims to being a tournament champion are vague with no real proof. We tried a background check on who his teacher really was and found out his father was studying and maybe taught Mike a few tricks. This was all that is really known. After viewing what he had to offer we passed. There is many other real fighting styles in Las Vegas. Try the monk. He is really authentic and real.

just making sure you cannot edit this post out.

You really want to train with a wushu monk versus someone who actually knows how to fight?

interesting, that tells us a lot about you troll.

Dale Dugas
12-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Hey fat ass are you a bullsheitter or what? You look so stupid in your dumb ass videos Dugas:D One liver kick to your weak liver and you would be out for good beitch.

MMA Fighter

and who are you again?

pazman
12-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Dale, it's quite obvious he knows how to fight. He signed his post with "MMA Fighter":rolleyes:

Benkungfu
12-26-2010, 09:50 AM
LO LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!!! Bull Sheet !!!!!!!!!!

V.O.R.
12-26-2010, 10:30 AM
Benkungfu Benkungfu
LO LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!!!!!!!! Bull Sheet !!!!!!!!!!

Ben Kung Fool,

YO YO YO! it seems to us here you only know MMA via the internet n' what you see on the ultimate fighter show. if anyone is laughing it's us, at you! of course it's easy to talk smack behind a computer right?

did your instructor (if you have one) learn martial arts the same way you had?

Thank You,

Voice of Reason

Benkungfu
12-26-2010, 11:02 AM
hhhhhhhhhhhhh[SIZE="7"]

Benkungfu
12-26-2010, 11:05 AM
[SIZE="7"][COLOR="red"][

Benkungfu
12-26-2010, 11:06 AM
[[ggggggg bbb hhh

Shaolin
12-26-2010, 12:19 PM
You really want to train with a wushu monk versus someone who actually knows how to fight?

I was curious if you were referring to Shi Xing Wei? He does teach San Da, which is fighting.

Benkungfu
12-26-2010, 04:23 PM
I was curious if you were referring to Shi Xing Wei? He does teach San Da, which is fighting.

Dingleberry Pugass is a retard. Pugass is a rank beginner in my book. check out Pugass on youtube. LOL

The monk rocks!

Dale Dugas
12-27-2010, 09:36 AM
seems we have yet another child who giggles as he insults the adults.

Seems your thread on Bullshido was shut down as well.

You seem to be nothing more than some angry wannabe poser who was thrown out of Shifu Pattersons school for being a tool.

that I can see.

good luck with life. You are seriously going to need it.

YouKnowWho
12-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Dingleberry Pugass is a retard.
What I don't understand is "What can you gain by putting others down?"

Dale Dugas
12-28-2010, 04:33 AM
who knows, and who cares.

just another example of how people have devolved into fools.

Benkungfu
12-28-2010, 08:58 AM
I believe Dingleberry Pukass is all over the internet like flies on sheit. I believe dingleberry likes to stir up hate impo. Try googling the retard and see for yourself. And this dingleberry calls himself a martial artist? Very unbecoming. Maybe his teacher should read dingleberry's crap. Buy the way that is the most pathetic style of martial arts I ever seen. Almost as stupid looking as the hsing I sissies. What jokers. Just my personal opinion. lol :D

Dale Dugas
12-28-2010, 09:19 AM
I am sorry to see you stoop even lower to keep up this charade.

that the mods here condone this kind of behavior is unacceptable.

digusting actions from another human being.

I care not if you are just joking, or LMAO its just the internet.

You are the one spreading hate, discord all from the safety of KFO.

I am rather sad to say that KFO has become the protector of people like this one.

Shaolin
12-28-2010, 09:42 AM
http://www.lizrevision.com/wp-content/uploads/do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

Benkungfu
12-28-2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.lizrevision.com/wp-content/uploads/do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

Funny as all hell shaolin! LOL ! That troll looks just like Pukass! Anyone who wants to see the type of dingleberry Pukass is just click here below link. And Pukass is smearing and making claims aganist J.L.? Hasn't Dingleberry made many defamatory claims here against this guy and others on many forums? What makes Dingleberry Pukass any better qualified than J.L.? Not that this J.L. character is any better than others or a master in my book [ far from it ] I believe J.L. and V.P. look alot more professional than Pukass in their videos impo. Is dingleberry jealous? Correct me if I am wrong but don't these claims sound like pure hate, anger, and jealousy? Ever heard of Karma Dingleberry? ... Can you feel your heart and liver meridian? Does your chest hurt deep inside towards the left? Blood pressure rising? Feel a little deep mild pain below T-12 rib on the right side after you eat and/or lay down? Pulse irregular? Left arm have a little pain at times coming from the left chest meridian? Have a high number on your AlT and AST test? Cardiac Calcium test abnormal? Craving sugar foods? Quick to anger? This is what is called "Dim Mak" .. and you are given it to yourself.

Grandmaster

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-1462.html

V.O.R.
12-28-2010, 11:33 AM
we all know that the newbie's acting like this because ......

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/2010/10/custom_1287684674915_shutterstock_43489540.jpg

BENSKUNGFU: R.I.P.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3265/2665523099_6ef15739c5.jpg

Mas Judt
12-28-2010, 11:49 AM
http://www.cdfacademies.com/las_vegas.htm

101 South Rainbow

Suite 10

Las Vegas, NV. 89145

Jack Soderberg had a great rep in Chicago back in the day. A Lama Pai student of Wai Lun Choi.

I don't know him personally, but his rep is good.

Benkungfu
12-28-2010, 11:50 AM
This is where all people with hate end up very early ....

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.numistories.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/rip-tombstone.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.numistories.com/375/im-not-dead/&usg=__zKH4CqlEqvZirfCN1MY1WsX0Vwk=&h=1600&w=1600&sz=554&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=ESLc_fqxNIIC7M:&tbnh=133&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtombstone%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN %26rlz%3D1G1TSHB_ENUS413%26biw%3D1135%26bih%3D547% 26tbs%3Disch:10%2C84&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=597&vpy=205&dur=6302&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=93&ty=94&ei=ETEaTdvmOIGesQPExYGCCg&oei=ETEaTdvmOIGesQPExYGCCg&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0&biw=1135&bih=547

Lucas
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
thats funny because as a non involved outsider, you seem to be spewing only hate. did you just make fun of yourself?

Benkungfu
12-28-2010, 12:38 PM
The best style in the world second to none. All you kung fu wanna be pussies are stuck on yourself. Try a real style and become a real man like me. This is the way real kung fu looks. Karate! My best style ... Goju Ryu .. Try this super kata pussies. Then try Goju Kumite Mas Oyama big K style.

Grandmaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oknyJULJtwY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JiNrU7jEk&playnext=1&list=PLE6AB9CAD408BAB25&index=16

V.O.R.
12-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Grandmaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oknyJULJtwY

Awesome, nice soft form. I'm used to seeing karate harder than this, but hey, he does his Kata nice and soft.

Lucas
12-28-2010, 01:36 PM
oh ya...no school for the holidays.

Benkungfu
12-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Awesome, nice soft form. I'm used to seeing karate harder than this, but hey, he does his Kata nice and soft.

You have absolutely no knowledge of the real martial arts. Go back to your sufi dancing like Dingleberry Pukass does. LOL!:D

So what about the fighting vid here? No comment? LOL!:D:D:D:D:D

Grandmaster
Leader, Teacher, and Warrior of the Universe

Lucas
12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I like how you get better titles every post.

V.O.R.
12-28-2010, 04:27 PM
You have absolutely no knowledge of the real martial arts. Go back to your sufi dancing like Dingleberry Pukass does. LOL!

So what about the fighting vid here? No comment? LOL!

Grandmaster
Leader, Teacher, and Warrior of the Universe

it's obvious you're just Hero Worshipping since you yourself cannot do what most of the people on the forum do. you suk as$ and you're jealous over the superiority over you by everyone on this forum. even in the wing chun forum. you, you don't have a forum. you're an unwanted child. it shows in your manners.

do you need a shoulder? ***....you would!

hskwarrior
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM
http://www.fvfileserver.com/cnp/picdump321/02.jpg

chud
12-29-2010, 07:19 AM
http://www.atsta.com/

Shrfu Dale Shigenaga
Shrfu Lami Lum
Shrfu John Simpson
1000 North Nellis Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 891110
hsingi01@earthlink.net

Shrfu Tony Franklin
Las Vegas, NV
Wingeddragon@eaarthlink.net

EarthDragon
12-29-2010, 07:57 AM
benkungfu
one more disruptful post and you will be banned. We do not need people like you on this forum, act right or get the f u ck out. thank you happy new year.

Drake
12-31-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm just trying to understand how "Pukass" is an insult. What does that even mean? A play on his name? And dingleberry? Really.. just call him a dummyhead, stick your tongue out at him, and your journey to 5-year old will be complete.

kuniggety
04-24-2012, 05:47 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I think it's funny how judgemental people can be about someone without even taking any time at all to research. Yes this is an old thread but I wanted to add a few comments. Sigung Steven Baugh of the Lohan School of Shaolin IS an ordained priest and runs the Lohan Cultural Center where they teach classes on buddhist, taoism, spirituality, etc. He has ties to both buddhist and taoist orders.

That aside, he has trained with a lot of teachers over many many years. There is a full break down of everyone he trained with on his website. The standard curriculum is bak sil lum, northern praying mantis (a mixture of seven star and tai chi), and tai chi (yang family). Classes are also offered in chen family tai chi, seasonally teaches classes on bagua and xing-yi, and five family/five animal. He first began his training under Sifu Ark Wong, which is where his southern roots (five family/five animal) comes from but the mainstay of his practices are northern. We take some influence from his southern studies by practicing our stances deeper than many northern schools, for the strength training, and the very first form everyone learns is jin lai jong hao, a southern salute form.

lance
04-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Hello Everybody!

Tim
Las Vegas, NV

Tim , I don ' t know where in Las Vegas you live , but try and check out this school Las Vegas Kung Fu Academy 1165 S. Eastern Ave.
Henderson , Nevada 89052
( 702 ) 336 - 1095
www.lvshaolin.com

Try and check out their website , I know the Sifu Kevin , he teaches a style called Sil Lum fut ga kuen ( Shaolin buddhist family fist ) . This style of kung fu was taught by a taoist priest who resided in the northern or southern branch of the shaolin monestry . His name was Lum Dai Yung . Proffessor lum was teaching in Hawaii , and has 2 - disciples Sifu Andrew Lum and Art Lee , but they were taught differently from eachother but the same style .

Anyway I was once learning from sifu Lee until I had to stop training , because of family priorities . But I would recommend this style to anybody . This sifu kevin is from Hawaii , and learn Sil Lum fut Ga from the Hawaii branch of the Gee Yung International Martial Assn. Eventually , kevin got permission to teach and went on his own to teach this style of kung fu . You can see the video clippings on youtube . Today , they kept the name Gee Yung International Martial Arts Assn. But added lion and dragon dance assn. There is one branch in San franscisco . Sifu
kevin from Hawaii moved to Las Vegas to open his own school . Sifu kevin also trained under Sifu art lee , of hawaii .

Tim I don ' t know if this is the kung fu art you ' re looking for but you can check out their website .

tattooedmonk
04-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Wow, nice! Haha