PDA

View Full Version : How do you workout?

GreenCloudCLF
01-13-2006, 08:06 AM
I have been currently training for an upcoming San Da tounrament. I have been doing a lot of different types of training for it including:
Sparring
Pads
Heavy Bag
Running
Weights
Abs
Traditional KF
Forms
Calithenics (sp?)

I work out 6 days a week and rest on Sudays. So my question to you all is, do you work out in one shot for the day or do you break it up over the course of the day?

Right now I have broken it up. I'll run. Then a couple of hours later hit the bag. Then at night lift...What do you guys think?

bodhitree
01-13-2006, 08:51 AM
I depends on the day and how busy I am. Ideally I like to split it up, but a lot of time I'll only have an hour in the gym and I have to do a little of everything.

wind draft
01-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Green Cloud,

That's funny I do the same thing as you beside that I run 3miles in the morning, eat breakfast, wait a few hours, lift weights and abs, two hours later, hit the heavy bag 5 rounds 3 mins. pad works drilling different techniques and combos, sparring iron palm, work on forms and then two hours later traditional kung fu stuff that we normally do in class, forms again and sparring again. total I put in about 4-5 hours a day. 5 days a week. By the way how tall are you and how much do you weight?

bodhitree
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Don't you guys have jobs?

GreenCloudCLF
01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
WD, I'm 5'11" and currently weigh 182-ish. Before the tourney I want to get down under 180 to compete in the lower weight class (plus get back to a weight I was for a long time)

What abouts you?

CoRWiN
01-14-2006, 04:20 PM
GreencloudCLF, i'm currently 5'9' and bounce between 169-174. I'm shooting for that 185 mark because I hide the weight very well. People guess i'm like 150 which is a great element of surprise when an extra 35 pounds of mass generates a punch. I've been trying to put togther a solid workout routine for fights too, incorporating Weights, Cardio and tradinitional. I'm a little confused though due to different mentalities, i feel this is really all untreaded waters. With weights for instance i use to have a 3 on 1 off routine and wouldn't exercise a muscle group if it was too sore. Does this same logic apply to the muscle trainning in Kung-Fu. And what is your guys diet's like?

wind draft
01-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey Corwin,

If you can try lifting on 3 times a week. You really don't need to lift much. It's better to work on the activity you plan on doing. So fight then spar more, drill your combos on heavy bag and focus pad, and do rounds on the heavy bag.

The whole muscle sore thingy, if you can try liftin weights in the morning and then kung fu stuff in the evening. if you can get sleep in between like 2 or 3 hours of sleep then its even better along with protein shake and vitamin supplements. That way your body has enough time to recover and still get more workout done in a day.

Technically I've been trying to work up to the point of lifing weights in the morning then run 3 miles, but when I try doing this I don't have the energy to work out later thats why you need to rest like a few hours after this, then do the drilling the technqiues on heavy bag, pads and do rounds on heavy bag. After that do traditional kung fu and forms. I leave traditional kung fu for kung fu days and I do all the others pretty much every day.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Don't you guys have jobs?

thats what i was thinking.

man it must be nice.

wind draft
01-15-2006, 02:21 PM
you can still work and do 3-5 hours of workout a day. Time priotize but hey I don't have a life that's probably how I do it.

chud
01-15-2006, 09:45 PM
you can still work and do 3-5 hours of workout a day.

Well, it gets harder when you get married and have kids, but oh well...if you've got the time then more power to ya. Enjoy it while it lasts!

wind draft
01-16-2006, 12:31 AM
yeah thanks! I know what you mean.. I'm scare to even think about kids.,. I bet it does take up all your time. I guess this long workout won't last long for me either. I'm still young that's and nothing going on with my life really.

I just hope when I get older it won't take anyway lots of workout time.

Peace