PDA

View Full Version : Milla Jojovich's ULTRAVIOLET

Chizica
01-13-2006, 10:57 AM
I think this could be fun little flick;

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmtv/features/ultraviolet_trailer/default.asp

@PLUGO
01-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Looks like fun... never saw Milla in any of those 2 Zomibe video game movies whose title I don't recall so I can only base her last performances on 5th element and that Joan of Arc flick.

She's certainly not hard on the eyes and will probably work as well as Kate Bekensale will in Underware... er underworld.

Chizica
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I got this umm....obsession for Milla. Ever since the Orange hair in 5th Element. She's so fine.

@PLUGO
03-03-2006, 01:35 PM
check out our eZine article (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=648) on it . . .

at least for the pics...

tug
03-05-2006, 09:18 AM
The article was very good, the film got only ONE star in the Daily News, but I am definitely going to see it.

OMG, the first pic is awesome!

Not hard on the eyes is putting it lightly IMO.

dwid
03-06-2006, 05:52 AM
"Gun Fu" is the dumbest thing action directors have come up with in a long time.

To me, it seems like someone's misguided attempt to capture the ballet of the gunfights in the old John Woo movies and make them more exciting or something. It is thoroughly misguided.

It makes no practical sense and looks ridiculous and stupid on film. It was a bad idea in an otherwise okay movie in Equilibrium, and it's a bad idea in what is almost certainly an otherwise terrible movie here.

Here's an idea: if you're shooting at someone at long range and they move into closer range, KEEP SHOOTING THEM. The larger the target, the easier it is to hit. Guns make terrible blunt weapons.

Shaolinlueb
03-06-2006, 03:39 PM
design sifu, you should really see resident evil 1 and 2. they are both enjoyable video game movies. nothing special about them. i won both and like both a lot.

Shaolinlueb
03-08-2006, 09:07 AM
anyone see this movie yet?

dwid
03-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Two good friends of mine saw it and said it was virtually unwatchable. The action was shot terribly and the dialogue was unbelievably bad:

Quote:

Bad guy: "It's on."
Milla: "Yeah it is."

One friend reported that Milla's stomach was about the only redeeming quality about the movie.

I don't think I'll be going to see this one.

Anyone else have any first or second hand reports?

Lokhopkuen
03-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Worst F C K N movie I have ever seen.

Hands down.

The end

Lokhopkuen
03-13-2006, 05:44 PM
She did give fair warning in the beginning though.

"I come from a world you may not understand."

She was really right.

Didn't know what the heck was going on.

mickey
03-13-2006, 07:10 PM
Greetings,

I saw the movie. It looked as if they tried to build a movie around the fight scenes. I got the impression that much was cut out of the movie. Milla's deadpan expressions rival Pamela Anderson's. The fight scenes were not too original. There was even a stolen scene from Shogun Assassin.

If anything, the movie will serve as a template for future action films for Milla. It shows that she can handle choreography. She needs to focus on the acting, the English and the expression of emotion. I think she would have fared much better if she was using her native language or French.

mickey

Shaolinlueb
03-14-2006, 01:38 PM
my teacher saw it. he said it was bad.

GeneChing
03-14-2006, 03:53 PM
We've actually run a second e-zine article on Ultraviolet (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=649), mostly because we figured more pictures of Milla Jojovich on our e-zine couldn't possibly be a bad thing. If you spent your days laying out articles with old Chinese men in silk pajamas, you'd understand. :o

That being said, I'm in full support of the hottie swordswoman trend we've seen in the wake of KILL BILL (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=482). Ultraviolet may have tanked, but maybe they'll heed our author Craig Reid "One can only hope that SONY will consider releasing an R-rated version of the film on DVD, so we can see the entire fights the way they were supposed to be seen."

Next hottie swordswoman movie on the horizon is Dead or Alive:
Release Date: August 25, 2006
Studio: Dimension Films (The Weinstein Co.)
Director: Corey Yuen
Screenwriter: J.F. Lawton, Seth Gross, Adam Gross, Granz Henman
Starring: Devon Aoki, Derek Boyer, Sarah Carter, Steve Howey, Kane Kosugi, Natassia Malthe, Matthew Marsden, Kevin Nash, Jaime Pressly, Silvio Simac, Holly Valance, Brian J. White, Eric Roberts
Plot Summary: A feature adaptation of Tecmo's bestselling game franchise "DOA: Dead or Alive". The movie centers on four female fighters in a competition to the death on an exotic island.
I had posted a trailer here (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39872), but it's no longer available.

Lokhopkuen
03-23-2006, 05:36 AM
Greetings,
I think she would have fared much better if she was using her native language or French.

mickey

It woulda sucked in French as well:D

doug maverick
03-23-2006, 12:02 PM
DOA's gonna suck balls big time! the trailer i saw was freaking horrible. the film looks horrible, even thou there was one fight scene, that i thought might look pretty good. i'm straight hatin' on all girl sword movies(except of course kill bill, that was th ish), i think people need to what those old japanese sexploitation films like sex and fury, to really no how to make a good girl fight movie. i think quentin stole some stuff from this flick and others(but thats his thing, that why we love him so much he, make the equivocal dream team of movie's, combining ur favorite stuff from films into one film) ultravoilet sucked, because well it just sucked no explanation, it was a cornbal ripoff of the directors own movie, just with a girl instead of a man. HOW THE HELL YOU GONNA RIP YOURSELF OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jethro
03-23-2006, 12:49 PM
wait, that doesn't really mean it's gonna be good does it?:o

GeneChing
03-24-2006, 12:09 PM
What can I say? Hot women and swords are two of my favorite things.

I once worked a Highlander convention, believe it or not. That's right, a convention solely devoted to Highlander. Adrian Paul, star of the TV series, had some connection to Choy Lay Fut and Hung Gar, so we even gave a little demo (he was very approachable, btw). I ran a table for the WLE, trying to sell martial arts stuff to Highlander nerds. You do a lot of odd jobs in the martial arts business when you're just starting out. My plan was to sell all these Hong Kong film videos (pre-DVD days) but someone at the company repacked my boxes, removing the VCR TV I was going to use to show videos, and replacing it with yixing tea pots because we had a lot of them and they weren't selling. Being crockery, the pots were heavy and fragile, exactly what you do *not* want to load up for a table, and being that the convention was in SF, there was a dozen Chinese give shops within walking distance that sold such pots and wtf would a Highlander fan even want to buy a **** yixing pot anyway? We didn't sell one freaking pot.

Anyway, my own old issues aside, the reason I bring this up is that beyond the nerdy Highlander fanboys (worse than trekkies, IMO) there was a few sword-toting hotties there. They weren't supermodel quality hotties, but worth ogling since they dressed to impress. The sword hotties really stood out, clad in their barbarian-style bikinis, boots and capes, bearing preposterous fantasy swords and completely intimidating the Highlander nerds, most of whom probably had yet to kiss a girl. The sword hotties were eating it up, obviously relishing the sheer power of their sexuality.

I never really watched Highlander on TV. I saw the first movie, which I thought was silly except for Connery (who is always cool) and the villian (who was hilarious). My biggest experience of Highlander was this convention. I wouldn't have made it through, had it not been for the entertainment value of provided by the sword hotties. They would come talk to me at the table and fondle my weapons - lemme tell ya, it was either them or Highlander nerds, so you can just guess who got more attention. So I fully support sword hotties. Films like Dead or Alive, Ultraviolet, Kill Bill and Sex and Fury help cultivate the archetype. Anything that increases the world population of sword hotties is a good thing.

Just don't make me sit through their crappy movies. ;)

doug maverick
03-29-2006, 10:56 AM
i work for a comic convention company up here in ny,(matter of fact we're holfing a convention this weekend at the pen plaza pavilion on 7th av and 34st. in nyc, we have special guest george romero all weekend 31-2 and frank miller on sunday) a few years ago we this japanese journalist promote her book(i still have it in my bookshelf and i haven't read it yet) she had an interesting way of promoting it, she had 20(yes 20) young japanese girls do a sorta play(funny thing is i was producing a play at the same time) with sword fighting and all kinds of stuff they sold like a thousand copies, just from that. girl sword movies are popular, but i still don't wanna see them(okay maybe if you had some good fight scene i'll watch it, but ****** i don't half to like it)

@PLUGO
04-07-2006, 10:09 AM
So, what do Milla Jojovich, Anthropology in the "60's and the Bogs of Northern Eurpe have in common?

find out here (http://metaphilm.com/philm.php?id=470_0_2_0_M)

GeneChing
03-04-2009, 10:31 AM
From the latest Interview magazine...go to the site - there's a nice little vid of her photo shoot. :cool:

Milla Jovovich (http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/milla-jovovich-exposes-her-soft-side/368794)
By Glenn O'Brien
Photography Mark Segal

Milla Jovovich is the action hero after the last action hero, and she has become a huge star on the ultrawide screen by alternately threatening the world and saving it in films such as The Fifth Element (1997) and the Resident Evil series. Hers has been one of the stranger career arcs of our time: From being a child star and then taking over the Brooke Shields nymphette franchise, she moved on to supermodeldom, then became an independent film actress and ultimately an unlikely kick-ass superwoman who seems to have taken over the Stallone-Willis-Schwarzenegger saving-the-world business. But when you think about it, saving the earth is kind of a woman’s gig, isn’t it?

GO: Were you a physical, athletic-type person before you started making these movies where you do these amazing stunts?

MJ: I’ve always been athletic but I didn’t start
doing martial arts until I was a teenager. When I did The Fifth Element, I really seriously started training, which made me feel so much better than I normally did. I mean, when you’re doing martial arts, you feel like you can master certain skills and be so much more in control of who you are, so that really appealed to me. Before that, I rode horses and was just generally athletic. But I really connected with martial arts. I’d always had a fantasy as a kid of being a ninja warrior, so it definitely answered that sort of need in my psyche, too—a need to be superpowerful.

GO: Are you, like, a black belt in something or—

MJ: [laughs] No, no. Unfortunately, I don’t train enough on an everyday basis to be a black belt, but if I put my mind to it I think I could definitely move very quickly in that world. I really want my daughter to get into martial arts, so when she’s 2, I want to start training with her. I want her to feel like it’s something that she and her mom do together. I feel like one of the single most important gifts that I can give her is the gift of being totally in control of her body. And self-defense is so important to know in today’s society. It’s not just that you might get mugged. It’s more for confidence. It’s the way you hold yourself when you walk into a room. Every step you take is more sure and you’re much more aware of your surroundings. So, I think it’s a really important thing—-especially for women.

GO: That should be part of every model’s training.

MJ: [laughs] Models would be able to do much cooler stuff in pictures, that’s for sure.

sanjuro_ronin
03-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Milla makes me feel all warm and fussy.....:D