PDA

View Full Version : Passing of master Chiu Leun

LawClansman
01-15-2006, 03:13 PM
It is with great sadness of heart that I report the death of my Sifu Chiu Leun. He passed away on Sunday Jan 15th at 3:45PM of heart complications. A truly great master of the Praying Mantis style, he will be sorely missed. He leaves behind 4 children, many students and a legacy of the Seven star Praying Mantis style.
Sifu Carl Albright

mantis108
01-15-2006, 04:43 PM
My Sincere condolences to Master Chiu Leun's family, you and his Kung Fu family. I am deeply sadden to hear the lost of traditional master and a beloved teacher. :(

May he rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Robert Hui (Mantis108)

Three Harmonies
01-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Peace be with him.
Jake Burroughs and the Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center

yu shan
01-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Shifu Albright

I am sorry for the loss of your Teacher. Keep his spirit alive in your heart. Let him live on thru you. It is always sad when one of the Great Masters leaves us. He is in a good place.

Sincerely,

Jim C. Smyer

Oso
01-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Our condolences, to you and your brothers.

Matt Melton and Asheville Martial Arts

RAYNYSC
01-15-2006, 08:51 PM
My condolences to you Sifu Albright & the Leun Family....

He will surely be missed by all those he touched....

MantisCool
01-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Our condolences to Master Chiu Leun's family and his lineage.

khoo

Michael Dasargo
01-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Our deepest condolences from The Traditional Kung Fu Academy.

Sincerely,
M.Dasargo

PS
I will be contacting you privately to better express my sorrows.

Fen
01-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Our Sincere condolences to Master Chiu Leun's family and extended family.

May he rest in peace.

From all of us at Fen Kwoon
~Jason

Paul T England
01-16-2006, 01:48 AM
My condolences to the Leun Family and students.

Sifu Darkfist
01-16-2006, 05:41 AM
We send our blessing to the Masters Family and our Condolences.

holymantis
01-16-2006, 07:23 AM
out simpathy and condolences to the family of master Chui Luen.

roy

mickey
01-16-2006, 09:17 AM
I entend my condolences to the Chiu family and to the Chiu branch practitioners. May his spirit of giving continue unabated with all whom he taught.

166 Mott street: FOREVER!!

mickey

German Bai Lung
01-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Surely a great loss for the mantis Community.

My condolences, to his whole family.

LawClansman
01-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Thank you all for your words,
Funeral arangements will be posted as soon as they are set, for those that wish to attend.

BeiTangLang
01-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Condolences to the Chiu family. When a star blinks out into oblivion, all notice the lessening of the light.

LawClansman
01-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Funeral arrangements for Sifu Chiu Leun .
Wah Wing Sang Funeral Home
212-962-0273
26 Mulberry Street Chinatown N.Y.
Viewing will be:
Thursday 1/19/2006 - 4:00PM - 7:00PM
Friday-1/20/2006- 10:00AM -12:00PM

Vajramusti
01-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Is there a good biography of the late master on the net? Thx for any info.

nathan chukueke
01-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Northern Shaolin 7 Star Pray Mantis Institute and Association

On behave of the Chiu Cheung Luen Family and our organization, we would like to thank you all, for your kind and considerate comments. In times like these, it is good to know who your friends and supporter are located, beyond the usual political or commercial posturing.

Please pass on the information brother Carl has submitted to those who may not know about the forum or have internet assess.

For those who can make it on Friday 10-12 noon, the burial will be conducted right after the services, in upstate New York.

The number of the Wah Wing Sang Funeral Home is 1 212 963-0273

Om Peace

if you would like to send a card or something you may e-mail me for a proper address at: 7star@sprynet.com or talk to Jeff Hughes if you know him.

PS: our website is as follows: http://www.chiuleun.com/

Note: the spelling is used because someone, somehow got the chiuluen address, eventhought I thought I had it reserved. thanks again

Lu Bu
01-17-2006, 02:36 AM
Terribly sorry to hear of this loss to you and the praying mantis community as a whole. My he rest in peace.

Sincerely,

Charles Huffman

Brazil Mantis
01-17-2006, 06:50 AM
Our condolences to all family and students from Master Chiu Leun lineage.

Sincerely,
Brendan Lai Gongfu Institute - Brazil
www.brendanlai.com

-N-
01-17-2006, 10:15 AM
Sifu Albright,

Very sorry for the passing of your teacher. May he rest in peace.

N.

B.Tunks
01-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Maximum respect to a great man.
Rest In Peace.

Brendan Tunks on behalf of Tanglang Quan She, Australia.

mantis55
01-18-2006, 01:36 AM
To the Chiu Leun family and his students:

Please accept my sincerest expression of sympathy for the loss of a distinguished teacher and a great man. His spirit will live on!

Sifu Ron Aviles

lkfmdc
01-20-2006, 10:11 AM
I went this morning with Sifu Stephen Innocenzi to pay our respets to the late Master Chiu Leun. If you grew up doing TCMA in NYC you knew Master Chiu. He was an important figure, had a large following, was a master of true 7 Star Mantis, and a member of the old generation, the old guard.

I grew up knowing many of his students, and even did some 7 Star Mantis with a few including Stephen Laurette and Ho Chi Yu. Master Chiu was also an in-law of my sifu Chan Tai San, Master Chiu was our Si-Mo's cousin. I am thus very sad at his passing and feel we've lost yet another of that old guard... quite depressing...

Fortunately, there are men like Master Carl Albright still teaching sifu Chiu's praying mantis. It is the real deal and if you are interested in real kung fu, you can not go wrong with the Chiu Leun tradition of 7 Star...

I am however sad to see yet another of that old generation no longer with us...

LawClansman
01-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Once again thank you all for your kind words,

The funeral was well attended. People came from many places to pay their respect to Chiu leun Sifu. Indeed those that knew him understand the loss that we feel. A truly great and open teacher. One that was blind to the color barriers that other teachers had in the old days. At the gravesite, we played a form from the heart to honor our teacher. It was his wish to keep the style growing and we will do our best.

I would lik to express my gratitude to those that came to our service. And the beautiful flowers from the Lama Pai, Ying jow Pai and the many other schools. Special thanks to all visiting Sifu.

ChaoticMantis
01-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Sibok Carl,

Please accept my late condolences for the passing of Sigung Chiu Leun. It has been a month since I visited this forum. I will miss him dearly.

Regards,