PDA

View Full Version : CLF Wife Swapper?

iron_silk
01-16-2006, 03:11 PM
I was watching tv and I saw an ad for either Trading Spouses or Wife Swapping (I am uncertain of the name because I just won't care much for this kind of show!)

But the show they were advertising said mentioned this wife has a "black belt" and it showed the wife doing what I swear to be a "sow chui" with a palm block over the head. (sorry don't know know clf terminology so well)

You guys know anything about this? (I guess she maybe in Doc Fai Wong's lineage somewhere but ultimately not sure.)

GreenCloudCLF
01-16-2006, 03:28 PM
:eek: When I saw the title wife swapper I got excited....

Then saw it wasn;t an offer:(

iron_silk
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Why are you... interested? ;)

Fu-Pow
01-16-2006, 04:41 PM
I must say that probably rates as one of the best headlines ever.....:D

iron_silk
01-16-2006, 05:50 PM
Fu Pow,

Thank you!

brothernumber9
01-17-2006, 06:57 AM
I came home last night and during a commercial during 24, my wife was watching the wife swap show. After a little bit I recognized the wife and husband from recent magazine articles on Choy Lay Fut. I don't remember their names but they are students of Doc Fai Wong.

TenTigers
01-17-2006, 09:14 AM
this is starting to sound like a smear campaign.
I don't understand all the recent annomosity towards DFW.
He has written more articles and put out more information and led more people to learning CLF than anyone out there. Like him or not, some of you might not even heard of CLF if it wasn't for him. I have articles going back to the early 70's by DFW. Always informative, always good. Now he has a huge organization, with sattelite schools, and people are going berserk.
BTW-is she hot?

jo
01-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Why swap one headache for another?

iron_silk
01-17-2006, 10:31 AM
this is starting to sound like a smear campaign.
I don't understand all the recent annomosity towards DFW.
He has written more articles and put out more information and led more people to learning CLF than anyone out there. Like him or not, some of you might not even heard of CLF if it wasn't for him. I have articles going back to the early 70's by DFW. Always informative, always good. Now he has a huge organization, with sattelite schools, and people are going berserk.
BTW-is she hot?

1)Why does it sound like a smear campaign when it's true?
2)Since it's true it's not particularily made into a negative way (though easily could've been) so...not smear.
3)I don't have any annomosity towards DFW especially since i haven't nor read any post on this thread that is negative (please refer #2)
4)I kind of defended him in the past even though I never met the guy but that people bad mouthing him didn't sound right.
5)I don't think the annomosity is recent...unless you are talking about Frank? :p kidding (or am I? :confused: )

6) is she hot? well...I guess you'll just have to watch the show to find out.

I personally can't stand the show and find the situation annoying and disturbing.

Eddie
01-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Choy Lay Fut guys always have hot wives :-)

i know frank (and fu pow) would go berzerk if they know my wife 8)

there are some strange people in the martial arts world.

iron_silk
01-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Choy Lay Fut guys always have hot wives :-)

i know frank (and fu pow) would go berzerk if they know my wife 8)

there are some strange people in the martial arts world.

So........got any pictures? :D

come we're all thinking it after you say something that. :p

mysteri
01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
hey, i'm jus wonderin if she's up for auction or somethin? ;)

btw- i agree with jo...exchanging one headache for another.

Ben Gash
01-18-2006, 02:46 AM
I'm assuming it must be Alan Hubbard and his wife then, as they've done a load of articles in IKF recently.

brothernumber9
01-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Hubbard, yeah that's them. His wife has a Hawaiin sort of name. I didn't see the end but the show didn't make them look bad, at least from the little I saw.

hskwarrior
01-18-2006, 08:50 AM
oh eddie boy, our little eddie boy,

PUT UP HER PICTURE ALREADY;)

hskwarrior
01-18-2006, 08:54 AM
to clarify myself,

iron silk, i do have legitimate issue with my si-bak doc fai wong because of all the wild ass claims he makes. the one that really sends me rolling is his legendary fights section......but thats another thread. but i have backed off on dfw since then.

but eddie, who's the boss, you or her? i know i know, she is. don't lie, you know that she knows that we all know that she's the boss. she's chinese!!!!!

hsk

iron_silk
01-18-2006, 12:43 PM
to clarify myself,

iron silk, i do have legitimate issue with my si-bak doc fai wong because of all the wild ass claims he makes. the one that really sends me rolling is his legendary fights section......but thats another thread. but i have backed off on dfw since then.

but eddie, who's the boss, you or her? i know i know, she is. don't lie, you know that she knows that we all know that she's the boss. she's chinese!!!!!

hsk

Frank, ironically enough I wasn't thinking about you when I mentioned DFW. Since you're kung fu family it's really between the two of you. But since you brought it up did you ever meet him in person to confront him? What does your sifu think of DFW? (if you don't mind me asking...just curious...also I think DFW at one point answered forum disputes in his article correct?)

Anyway ultimately this was meant to be a light hearted thread...cough...so to eccho Frank previous statement...

Eddie please show pic :D

Ben Gash
01-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Quick, somebody damp down those flames....

hskwarrior
01-18-2006, 01:20 PM
iron silk,

i have disliked DFW since 1981 until now. He is our family in kung fu, i can't deny that. but he had separated himself from the hung sing lineage and basically cut himself off from everyone else thats hung sing. he as made some negative comments about lau bun his own teacher, and we including my sifu took that seriously.

now if there is some bad blood between my sifu and DFW that's between them. they actually live right around the corner from each other. but at one of his tournaments he spoke to me for the first time thinking i was someone else's student. when i told him i wasn't a student of that person he asked who my teacher was. i told him it was Tien Loong and he just turned and walked away without saying a word. in my book that was very rude.

but if that doesn't say he has a problem with my sifu, then what does?

but i will say this, if doc fai, his son jason, or anyone i recognize as being DFW's students, i will have their backs. regardless of my personal feelings, i will come to their aid if needed without question.

i believe word got back to him about what i've been saying and DFW sent someone to see if my sifu would meet up with him somewhere so they can smooth things out. but he never called back. so yes i almost had an opportunity to speak my mind.

and in retrospect, its all about nothing. he does what he does and i do what i do.
however, when he makes claims that he learned the most original version of Lau Bun's choy lee fut and had to relearn his dai sihing's version to help teach jew leongs students. but i put that to rest because jew leong is DFW's senior by more than 20 years. in that case who would you say got the most original of Lau Bun's gung fu, the little kid who studied for 2-4 years or the older student who has been with his teacher more than 20years up until his death?

anyways, i'm not trying to argue here, just wanted to make some things clear. i didn't think your were attacking me, but i did think you gave me a poke in your post. :rolleyes: but thats cool. no hard feelings.

sorry to bore everyone with my rantings.

hsk

Chief Fox
01-18-2006, 01:34 PM
The CLF mom and her daughter on Wife Swap were both hot and the mom was stacked! :eek:

iron_silk
01-18-2006, 01:40 PM
Chief Fox...please post pictures...even daughter...I am serious this time.

Frank

Sorry I never meant to poke you with a stick. In fact I wasn't referring to you at all when I was previously mentioning about defending DFW. I was actually thinking about what Fu-Pow said about DFW I think (I might be wrong sorry if I am Fu-Pow) and I think it was about the way DFW played his sets. It was a long time ago...not too important. Also the reply I gave was when someone thought I was slamming DFW and that was not my intent with this thread.

But I am very glad to hear that even when you believed you are poked you can respond in such reasonable manner so that we can take things through. Awesome man!

Lastly I would never presume to poke into your kung fu social affairs that is not my place or do know any info on it. But I am very nosey and I tend to like gossip...but I'll refain from asking you another question. :D

Eddie
01-18-2006, 02:32 PM
hehe guys, easy now :-) . but i will try sneak in some pics of my wife some time. she will kill me for this thats for sure. but she was a model, so she will probably be ok :-)

and yes, she is very much the boss around here, but shes not chinese - she's part german, part polish.
if she ever read this, im in deep sssshhhhhh.....ttttttt

Ben Gash
01-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Just for you iron_silk http://www.easternways.com/simo.htm

hskwarrior
01-18-2006, 05:01 PM
iron silk, ask away. if its too risky to answer i'll leave it alone.

and its ok to poke, i wasn't mad at anything. im a big boy, i can take it.

hsk

iron_silk
01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Ben Gash
Thank you for sharing that with us. Now our next step is the daughter :cool:

Eddie
Don't worry we won't be telling nobody else...honest:D

Frank
Ok...I'll give it a go then...did you hear DFW bad mouth lau bun directly or was it rumoured? also what did he say about him?

iron_silk
01-18-2006, 05:48 PM
How come there are so many generations under DFW lineage already?

For example Tai Simo Molina? why the absurd use of "tai"

I looked into their instructor section "Tai Sihing" wtf? :D

hskwarrior
01-18-2006, 09:34 PM
most of the things im talking about were in writing iron silk. but you have to be in san fran to understand why there's friction.

in our lineage i call Hannibal our schools Dai Sihing because he is my sifu's very first student who still practices and teaches at my sifu's school as well. we can call him "THE" sihing, but in that position he is the Dai sihing.

iron_silk
01-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Frank,

Actually I thought "tai" was not "dai" big but rather "tai chi" , get what I mean?
Cause "big" sounds more like "dai" (in your writing) then "tai" which sounds like "tai chi"

Now that you said it I understand what they mean now.

CFT
01-19-2006, 06:24 AM
however, when he makes claims that he learned the most original version of Lau Bun's choy lee fut and had to relearn his dai sihing's version to help teach jew leongs students. but i put that to rest because jew leong is DFW's senior by more than 20 years. in that case who would you say got the most original of Lau Bun's gung fu, the little kid who studied for 2-4 years or the older student who has been with his teacher more than 20years up until his death?Does this happen in CLF as well? There is a similar incident in Wing Chun, Yip Man lineage. William Cheung (Cheung Chuk Hing) claimed that only he learnt the true Wing Chun from Yip Man. He was one of the youngest students as well, with many seniors.

Must be human nature.

Ben Gash
01-19-2006, 07:12 AM
For clarification www.plumblossom.net/Articles/Inside_Kung-Fu/Jan2003/index.html simply states that the forms were different to how he learned them (and to be honest this is all I can remember ever reading, but then I'm not as old as Frank ;) ) you can read into that what you will.
You know Frank it always makes me laugh when you complain about Chinese people acting Chinese :D
Groups split, people take sides, frictions occur, resentments build, people believe what they want to believe. Sadly this is the way of things in all walks of life :(

TaichiMantis
01-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Just for you iron_silk http://www.easternways.com/simo.htm

"...not only an accomplished Martial Artist she is a competitive dancer of Polynesian dance winning in many hula competitions...";)

And after reading her manual (http://abc.go.com/primetime/wifeswap/episode/209/manual_hubbard.html), all I can say is....yikes!:eek:

hskwarrior
01-19-2006, 08:12 AM
who ever said i was complaining about chinese being chinese.?:confused:

have i ever commented on how bad chinese people's driving is? have i ever talked about how rude older chinese are especially when they push you on the bus?

shiiit, i remember coming back on the plane from Tai Chi Legacy in texas and i was waiting for this guy to get out of my seat when this chinese female began pushing me from behind so she can get passed me. i stopped her in her tracks and asked her to wait. she pushed 2 more timies, without even saying excuse me. then i asked her to move but she didn't want to move so i walked right towards them and they (the group she was with started jumping over seats because they believed i was going to attack.

they don't like it when it gets done to them, but they sure love to dish it out.

but me complain about chinese being chinese? Ridiculous!!!!!:rolleyes:

lol

hsk

Ben Gash
01-19-2006, 08:24 AM
I was of course making reference to your earlier comments about a Chinese American and their manners towards you :rolleyes:

iron_silk
01-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Given the difference in time between DFW and Jew Leong's training time things differ and change naturally. I believe Frank or someone said that Lau Bun would change a move here or there to suit the person's ability.

I've seen students learn with less time apart but would simply play their sets different.

Sometimes we get too stuck up with what is pure or traditional when in fact we can only depend on the our instructor to impart their interpretations. Sometimes they try to stick to what they are taught but memory fades and there is no promise that original is original over time...even if from original creator things change right?

iron_silk
01-19-2006, 03:49 PM
"...not only an accomplished Martial Artist she is a competitive dancer of Polynesian dance winning in many hula competitions...";)

And after reading her manual (http://abc.go.com/primetime/wifeswap/episode/209/manual_hubbard.html), all I can say is....yikes!:eek:

I read the manual...wow...scary I mean there is good stuff there yet...I can't help but feel it's kind of going to the extreme...but more importantly the daughter's 19 right? :p

mysteri
01-20-2006, 12:40 PM
WOW! that manual is serious! i'm 22 and i can't imagine living like either of their kids! she's 19, trains martial arts at least 8 hrs weekly, prolly has a lot of built up "tension". all i got to say is to whatever first boyfriend gets to feel her "wrath" :eek: