PDA

View Full Version : what's your way of breaking a head lock?

hskwarrior
01-16-2006, 06:42 PM
now im not talking about mma, im talking about streetwise head locks. if you were fighting someone who got you into a head lock, what is your favorite technique to use to escape and why?

hsk

SimonM
01-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Punch 'em in the crotch, repeatedly.

Or if the person is lighter than me I just straighten up.

Honestly nobody has put me in a headlock since sixth grade. My brother can out-fight me and he wouldn't even try that. Using two hands to control 0 is a bad situation with somebody who is comfortable at very close range with both striking and wrestling.

Sifu Darkfist
01-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Good Head locks are hard to break.
If the person knows how to place it you have seconds to get out 2-3?
Drop down if they are behind as fast as a human can and drive back with your back as the striker against their knees prepare for abrupt impact by covering your head(protecting your neck and your rear end will hurt a bit.

This one saved my butt a couple of times in reality. The trick is putting your rear into like you are pushing a car facing the opposite way.

shirkers1
01-16-2006, 10:29 PM
I'll thank three harmonies for this one...

If he has you in a side headlock say on his right side try to step behind with your left leg, grab him around the waste with your left arm and grab hold, kick your feet out to the left (while planting your right hand on the ground) feet kicked out behind towards his left side and sacrifice roll pulling him back and down. He'll fall backwards with the weight of your body, roll over with him if he lets go stay on top and strike or release. If he doesn't let go spin your body around towards his head planting your elbow in his neck and push away wedging him until he lets go. From here you already have upper position you can press the attack or get up and go from there.

Other than that over the top head locks I like to take off running and hope he trips and falls. From there just try to keep moving, spinning and wedging to brake the lock. I've had this happen before and the other guy landed on the side of the curb. Problem was I landed on my hands too and cut my knuckles up pretty bad on the concrete. So he took a nice shot to his back while I had some nice knuckle cuts. He let go though. :) Striking is fine to soft targets, but depending on how deep the lock is you'll be choked out before you can do any real damage. Like dark fist said speed is important.

greendragon
01-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Having your hands totally free to strike a vital point is a good thing. Know your strike points, nerve plexus grabs, etc. To address the head lock, try to grab the little finger and peel it back, then outwards, then counterstike while you are still in range.