PDA

View Full Version : I just completed my schools website.

Chief Fox
01-18-2006, 05:04 PM
So the school I attend had a very out dated website and to be honest it was kinda lame. So, seeing how I do web design for a living, I decided to give it an overhaul.

Check it out: http://www.blacklotuskungfu.com/

GreenCloudCLF
01-18-2006, 05:08 PM
5 Classes for $10!!!!! Man it would be worth driving to CO from NY for $2 classes!!!!!!!!!

GreenCloudCLF
01-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Great site BTW

SanHeChuan
01-18-2006, 08:01 PM
I like it, the dragon logo with the slide show is very cool, but...

The home link does not work
And when you click on either of the videos it sends you back to the home page

I'm also not digging the black and white text; it doesn't seem to fit graphically with the rest of the page.

You should put the actual physical address there too. And you might want to add an instructor bio page if you can get cooperation from the instructors.

I did one for my school back in the day, but yours put that to shame. :cool:

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-18-2006, 08:40 PM
honest criticisim ....

im with san ... i really dig the top logo and the animation, but the stark white just throws everything off.

something darker .... green ... gray ... even all black with a reasonably bright text would pull everything togeather much better.

if you have a gay friend just have him look at it for two seconds and he'll tell you how to fix it.

couch
01-18-2006, 10:12 PM
"Classical Chinese fighting styles that have bee refined ove the centuries."

MasterKiller
01-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Plus, I would put some spacers at the bottom of the pages to add some "white space." It's like reading a book with no page margins.

But it's pretty sweet.

sean_stonehart
01-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Teacher bio info would help as well

jmd161
01-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Pretty nice site!

I agree with many of the others, but it's still a nice site.

jeff:)

Oso
01-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Nicely done.

Mortal1
01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Great site!

Your two man set looks very similar to the one practiced by the monks.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-19-2006, 10:03 AM
the dragon/tiger pic is sweet (http://www.blacklotuskungfu.com/images/dragon_tiger.jpg)

Chief Fox
01-19-2006, 10:55 AM
5 Classes for $10!!!!! Man it would be worth driving to CO from NY for $2 classes!!!!!!!!!
That's a one time offer. After that it's $85 a month. Sorry.

Hey, thanks everyone for the input. You guys are a great bunch of beta testers.

I see what you all mean about the Black text on white. I work in the interactive department at the local newspaper so I think I'm geared towards black on white.

Thanks for the list of things to do.
1. Fix the links at the top.
2. Spell check.
3. Physical address.
4. Instructor bio

Not sure if I'll change the black on white. Maybe I'll try out some different color ideas.

Thanks again guys.

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-19-2006, 08:53 PM
i think you could do the black on white if you had some kinda buffer between the top logo and the main text.

i wouldnt do nothin to the top though ... that looks sweet.

Ben Gash
01-20-2006, 02:28 AM
A soft yellow (such as here) or a soft blue are actually clinically proven to be easier to read backgrounds for black (especially when used with Arial or Comic Sans) and are better for people with dyslexia.