PDA

View Full Version : some kungfu vidoes i found...

pccksf
01-21-2006, 07:18 AM
http://www.3888688.com/icka/info.htm

here are a few videos from canada's side. this guy kinda crazy with the horse stance.. people.. any comments?

fuhok-kid
01-21-2006, 09:53 PM
that link does not work

SimonM
01-21-2006, 10:30 PM
yeah :eek: :eek:

Shaolin Shi
01-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Daily bandwidth exceeded.

gfx
01-30-2006, 05:49 AM
For what it's worth, let me mention that in the video, he stands in his horse stance with the weight on the side of his feet.

This is _incorrect_. The reason is that it will develop such habits, which will become injury prone during normal movements, especially lateral movements.

I've personally sprained my right ankle 4 times in Judo randori before I finally corrected my problem with it.

The correct way is to put as much weight on the balls of the feet without raising the heel too much.

David Jamieson
01-30-2006, 07:54 AM
The correct way is to put as much weight on the balls of the feet without raising the heel too much.

for me it is to distribute the weight of your body evenly across the whole foot.

gfx
01-30-2006, 08:10 PM
The problem with that is that it develops the habit of being flat footed while moving.
Putting the weight on the balls of the feet can develop the leg strength/endurance necessary for prolonged movements in all stance ranges without developing habits.

I've personally tried all the variations of weights on the side, on the entire foot ... etc. Putting them on the balls of the feet has been the most difficult, and most useful exercise.

anton
01-30-2006, 09:01 PM
One of the best things about static horse stance training is that if you're experienced you can alter the focus of the tension. You can train your hips, glutes, thighs, calves etc.. all while sitting in horse. (I realise I sound like chuck norris advertising his new workout machine on late-night infomercials)

green_willow
01-31-2006, 04:57 AM
One of the best things about static horse stance training is that if you're experienced you can alter the focus of the tension. You can train your hips, glutes, thighs, calves etc.. all while sitting in horse. (I realise I sound like chuck norris advertising his new workout machine on late-night infomercials)

Yes I agree chuck norris is great. There's also a lot you can do with horse stance training. after all it is the basis of all kung fu.

You have a quote by Ego in your sig - isn't that one of the worse trolls on this forum?