PDA

View Full Version : smelly focus pads and gloves!!!

packard
01-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Greetings all.

does any one else have this problem and if so how do they manage it. Apart from buying news ones, any hints on keeping equipment sweat smell free??

P

SimonM
01-22-2006, 07:48 AM
I am the only one to use my gloves. Yeah they have gotten sweaty before but the smell isn't that pungent or anything.

yenhoi
01-22-2006, 07:49 AM
regular useage of lysol helps.

you can also dilute bleach and use it regularly. 10/1 water/bleach

if you have never ever treated the equipment before then you are probably f'd.

;)

shaolinboxer
01-22-2006, 03:33 PM
You can put powder in them too. the smell comes from gas released from bacteria, and the bacteria need a moist environment to survive. dry out your gear :)

anton
01-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Get some ethanol put it in a spray dispenser give the inside of your gloves a quick spray then unlace them, open em up and dry thoroughly. That'll help kill of some bacteria... though I imagine what someone else suggested with the bleach could work even better. Both of these are methods u should do regularly from when u buy the gloves/pads as it'll prevent the bacterial culture from forming in the first place. If it has already reached the pungent stage ou might kill the bacteria but still be stuck with the smell so adding some strong scented essential oil like lavender might do the trick. It'll also add a certain mysterious seductive aroma to your uppercuts... :D

CoRWiN
01-22-2006, 07:28 PM
This has by far been the most useful thread i've read to date.

Stop the flame....

SimonM
01-22-2006, 07:47 PM
It'll also add a certain mysterious seductive aroma to your uppercuts... :D

Rotflmfao!