PDA

View Full Version : i turn 18 today, and i demand coach ross and mr mccarthy

htowndragon
01-22-2006, 03:04 PM
to post one lau bun and one chan tai san story. thank you.

hskwarrior
01-22-2006, 07:34 PM
why?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

you want this because of why?

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-22-2006, 08:07 PM
happy birthday.

hey now that your 18 can i touch you down there?

SimonM
01-22-2006, 09:53 PM
GDA you are a sick little monkey! :eek:

God there are 18 year olds born in 1988! Yikes!

I remember 1988! I took shorinryu lessons for a month because I won them in a conest through the London Children's Museum. Then the free month expired and my parents pulled me because they couldn't afford the inflated cost of tuition.

htowndragon
01-23-2006, 04:14 PM
as my birthday present...geez

hskwarrior
01-23-2006, 04:34 PM
well happy belated b-day but why want one story of each master?

iron_silk
01-23-2006, 05:39 PM
well happy belated b-day but why want one story of each master?

but probably because he likes hearing stories of old masters...not unlike many of others who express their desire to hear more stories but only htowndragon tied his b-day so it seems like a cute reason (and it being reason enough) to hear more interesting stories from you two.

I am sure he didn't expect the need to explain himself...much like a good joke is only good when not explained but understood by itself....yet this is not a joke...

so I merely thought I would lend a hand in explaining my interpretation of his message which seems pretty simple.

...much like how a student would beg his sifu to hear more exciting stories of the past or merely just be excited if sifu ever shared any stories...Frank did you not do this with your sifu?

I mean it's common interest to hear stories about masters or else you or Coash Ross wouldn't have thread devoted to it...and the threads being so popular.

hskwarrior
01-23-2006, 06:26 PM
i bugged my sifu on a daily basis.

the only reason im on defense is because there is a lau bun section already.

but anyway, while Lau Bun was in Los Angeles we all know how much he hated the authorities. but all i know so far is that until a few years ago there was a cop whose life was actually saved by professor Lau Bun. it's kinda ironic knowing how he was. i'd think he turn his back. but it proves that although he was a hired assassin he still had a strong sense of humanity.

happy b-day now go get laid!!!:D

htowndragon
01-23-2006, 09:20 PM
yeah a lot of these stories were hard to come by. and im ABC (family from taiwan). I feel that mr mcarthy had to go through a lot of H3LL gathering all this info.

hskwarrior
01-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Htowndragon,

yeah i did kinda go through a lot of tough times period as a caucasian student in a mostly all chinese or asian in some way type of school. like i've said in posts of the past i've been with my sifu for about 25 years now and i grew up around chinatown. All the old masters knew my face because of my sifu. The shop owners all recognized me from street performances.

but do you know what its like to want to keep the oral history alive by interviewing those who were there and experienced it, and because you are a white guy asking alot of questions they shut up like their mouths were fort knox.

but since my face is known and by those who matter in chinatown (not that there are those who don't--just those i don't know) i can hide out in chinatown and disappear if i wanted to. i did it before when i needed to hide from the police and i hid inside Hop Sing Tong.

i had to go through a lot of Si-sooks and Si-Goo's to get what i have. They realize i am doing it for good of Hung SIng so they are coming to help me now. but after so many years.

but i am glad you are interested in someone like Lau Bun. and i demand that YOU call me Frank.

if you have any more /'s just ask. i will try to answer, and if i could not, i will get the answer.

peace.....and oh, did you get some for your b-day?

iron_silk
01-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Good of you to share!

I agree that stories should be consolidated in one thread so the next time someone is bugging you for a story in a new thread you can just direct them to your Lau Bun dedicated thread.

Peace

htowndragon
01-24-2006, 04:52 PM
i got a lot of "potential" chicks,.....haha

but i got a butterfly knife for my bday, my sifus gonna teach me how to use it when i go back to houston