PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about cussing in Chinese

MasterKiller
01-24-2006, 08:58 AM
My 2 year old is quickly picking up my potty mouth.

Teach me Chinese phrases I can substitute for all the good English ones. At least if she repeats them, no one will know what she said.

My favorites are GD and MutherF...but I'm partial to calling people CSuckers, too.

bodhitree
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Cao= f*** pronounced sao

dabian= sh*t

sorry I can't help more, I'm trying to keep my mouth clean!

David Jamieson
01-24-2006, 10:13 AM
canto swearing phonetically altered.

Pok gai = Go die in the street

Sek si = Eat sh1t

Lok chat = D1ck

Chow fah hai = smelly cheap c**t

Gai = *****

Yat-zeu = Go to hell

See-feut = Ass hole

Baat poh = B1tch

Leen Hao = d1ck head

Diu ni lo moo chow gor lan hai = really really bad one and I'm not gonna put it here, it's worse than what's above lol. even worse than chow fah hai :p

Sow deh lar =STFU

Sin ka lan = Bullsh1t

anyway, I know a ton of em, these are some of the...uh...ones in rotation. :D

enjoy and remember to only use these for evil. and shocking elderly chinese at dim sum table next to you while you be a crass american :D

GeneChing
01-24-2006, 10:44 AM
Everyone learning Mandarin needs Outrageuos Chinese by James Wang. See the China Books site (http://www.chinatoday.com/med/book/a.htm) - that's the publisher. It's listed 4 down on that page...

Phil Redmond
01-24-2006, 12:07 PM
canto swearing phonetically altered.

Pok gai = Go die in the street

Sek si = Eat sh1t

Lok chat = D1ck

Chow fah hai = smelly cheap c**t

Gai = *****

Yat-zeu = Go to hell

See-feut = Ass hole

Baat poh = B1tch

Leen Hao = d1ck head

Diu ni lo moo chow gor lan hai = really really bad one and I'm not gonna put it here, it's worse than what's above lol. even worse than chow fah hai :p

Sow deh lar =STFU

Sin ka lan = Bullsh1t

anyway, I know a ton of em, these are some of the...uh...ones in rotation. :D

enjoy and remember to only use these for evil. and shocking elderly chinese at dim sum table next to you while you be a crass american :D
Hi James, I have to say that your Romanizations are off. If you'd like when I get time I'll PM you the proper RomaniZations for the Cantonese "cuss" words and you can re-post them. I'd prefer not too . . . LOL
The one about someone's mother will usually end up in a fight. ;)
Phil

MasterKiller
01-24-2006, 12:15 PM
That book is between $50 and $90 everywhere I look. :mad:

MasterKiller
01-24-2006, 12:27 PM
diu nege louh mouh chow hai

Spell that phonetically.

That'll be a good place to start.

SevenStar
01-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Awesome thread.

Phil Redmond
01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Spell that phonetically.

That'll be a good place to start.
Actually that Romanization is pretty good. And he didn't use any 'R' sounds since there are no 'r' sounds in Cantonese. I use the Yale Romanization for Cantonese that I learned in College.
Phil

MasterKiller
01-24-2006, 01:48 PM
How do you pronounce "nege"? Ney-gah? Nee-Gee?

TenTigers
01-24-2006, 02:01 PM
see-fut gwai=feagalla (yiddish for butt pirate)literally means azole demon
haak gwai-racial slur for one of African descent
bahk gwai-racial slur for whitey
loi-sung gwai-racial slur for latino
jew gwai-racial slur for me, an my peeps! also yau-tai-gwai
hom sup lo -dirty old man-literally, salty,wet old man.
hum lun-fellatio(verb) as in "nei-ge Gung-Fu hum lun" to be said after you give someone the beat down..
gai is chicken, but slang for Ho
gai jook is ,,,well jook is rice porridge, and is hot,white, and thick

monkeyfoot
01-24-2006, 02:04 PM
sao ne ma - phonetic for 'fnuck your mum'

craig

SimonM
01-24-2006, 07:41 PM
For all your Putonghua swearing needs:

NOT WORK SAFE - lots of foul language in two languages! (www.insultmonger.com/swearing/mandarin.htm)

Phil Redmond
01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
How do you pronounce "nege"? Ney-gah? Nee-Gee?
It's written, "neihge". Ney-gah is close enough. The 'neih' means you. The 'gah' shows possesion neihge = your/s.
Phil

Jules
01-24-2006, 10:47 PM
How awesome is this thread! Some new things for me to yell when I'm driving and someone cuts out in front of me. ;)

From the page that SimonM linked:

Hu li jing -- B!tch (a flirtatious woman)

I somehow thought that "Hu li" was Chinese for "fox" or something. I wonder if the ideas are related.

Man, some of those are downright foul and I can't think of a single soul that I'd say them to. Some of them, though, are pretty inventive.

Nide muchin shr ega da wukwei Your mother is a big turtle

Now there's one I'd like to throw around. :lol:

Cao ni zu zong shi ba dai

Harsh and to the point. Credit for being thorough. ^_^

~~Jules

SPJ
01-24-2006, 11:14 PM
there are many ways to say someone is bad.

1. Guo Jie Lao Shu. the rat walking on the street. nobody likes you and wants to "hit" you with something.

2. Zhou Go. walking dog. a blind follower of a bad leader.

3. Xi Shi Zhou Ro. walking corpse, you have no souls or spirits of your own.

4. Yi Cou Wan Nian. the name stinks ten thousand years. bad name for ever.

5. Ro Zhong Ci. thorn in the flesh. someone hates you so much so as a thorn in the flesh.

6. Yan Zhong Ding. the stick in the eye. same as above.

7. Jiu Ro He Shang. wine drinking/meating eating monk, you are not what you say you are. or you are corrupt to be who or what you are.

8. Hua Xin. flowery heart. like flowers/wimmin or womenizer.

9. Dang Hu. easy lady-- very bad to say about someone.

--

:D

CFT
01-25-2006, 06:40 AM
SPJ, you've got good vocabulary but they're all too literary to be used for cussin' !!!

CFT
01-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Hu li jing -- B!tch (a flirtatious woman)
I somehow thought that "Hu li" was Chinese for "fox" or something. I wonder if the ideas are related.Yep, "hu li" is Mandarin for fox. "Hu li jing" is a fox spirit; in Chinese mythology there are lots of stories about them seducing innocent young men and causing their ruin. Nowadays, the term is used to refer to mistresses.

BTW, the proper Mandarin term for mistress is "qing fu".

Nide muchin shr ega da wukwei Your mother is a big turtle
Now there's one I'd like to throw around. :lol:"wugui" is more applicable to men really. Especially since a male pimp is a "gui gong".

There is also the insult: wugui wangba dan which describes a cuckold/s.o.b.

TenTigers
01-25-2006, 07:37 AM
http://www.insultmonger.com/swearing/cantonese.htm

check out this site-many other languages, including yiddish, and farsi-enjoy!

SPJ
01-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Here are a couple more.

1. Wu Ci. have no shame.

2. Bei Bi. so low.

3. Xiao Ren. little people, so selfish.

You have to say them louder or with a strong tone.

literay ones;

1. Bao Can Huo Xin. harbor ill wills.

2. Xiao Li Can Dao. there are knives in your laughters or smiles.

3. Sha Ren Bu Jian xue. murder someone without seeing blood.

----

:D

Mr Punch
01-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Most of the Japanese ones on the same site are plain wrong or translated wrong, or too polite etc.

For example their translation of kusottare doesn't do the full-on 'dripping sh!t' meaning justice!

Just lemme know if you want any more! ;)

Wong Ying Home
01-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Ju Pah (jew pah) ...pork chop..ugly bird..ugly girl
Ba Ji Geurk - Legs open girl:)

-N-
01-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Ok, some in Cantonese... not too bad.

gow see gwun - stir shiat stick, the stick that's used to mix up shiat with rice chaff before it's hauled off by the fertilizer guys. Means the same in English as in Chinese... "shiat stirrer". Use it on the next KFO troll :)

sei bat poh - dead biatch. Put the word "sei" in front of whatever when you're really pizzed. Equivalent to when we say "effin" or "d@mn" in English.

nei lo mo - "your mother".

fan tung - "rice container/bucket" Used to describe a lame azz slacker who who only knows how to eat.

chun jue - "stupid pig"

fei jue - "fat pig"

ngau no - "cow brain"

chi seen - "crazy"

Phil Redmond
01-25-2006, 07:36 PM
. . . . . I somehow thought that "Hu li" was Chinese for "fox" or something. I wonder if the ideas are related. . . . . ~~Jules
In Mandarin there are four tones. Cantonese has seven. One word can be said in seven different 'muscial' tones and have completely different meanings. For instance. Haih is the verb, 'to be'. Hai can also mean a female sexual organ. The letter 'h' in the verb 'to be' to notates that the sound is a low tone. So if you dont' say a word in the correct tone you can end up saying something really bad. ;)
Phil

Jules
01-25-2006, 09:07 PM
In Mandarin there are four tones. Cantonese has seven. One word can be said in seven different 'muscial' tones and have completely different meanings. For instance. Haih is the verb, 'to be'. Hai can also mean a female sexual organ. The letter 'h' in the verb 'to be' to notates that the sound is a low tone. So if you dont' say a word in the correct tone you can end up saying something really bad. ;)
Phil

That's very confusing! It's actually the same way in Hawaiian. A misplaced accent, however slight, can change an inocuous phrase into something unexpected (and usually sexual.)

I wish that there was all the time in the world to learn Cantonese and Mandarin. I understand that they are some of the hardest languages to learn.

~~J

SimonM
01-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Putonghua is much easier to learn than French.

I studied French for 5 years in school. I have been learning Putonghua for seven months.

I am much more able to communicate in Putonghua than in French.

Also (oddly) I find that often when I try to speak French these days Putonghua will start coming out. I'll have to pause, think for a second and then re-speak in french.

The number of times I've said Duei when I meant to say Oui...:rolleyes:

SimonM
01-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Totally true.

MasterKiller
01-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Cao ne zu zhou shi ba dai!

MasterKiller
01-26-2006, 07:14 AM
I wish that there was all the time in the world to learn Cantonese and Mandarin.

I commute 45 minutes to work. I was thinking about getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1893564452/sr=1-4/qid=1138284824/ref=pd_bbs_4/104-1668283-4793559?%5Fencoding=UTF8

SimonM
01-26-2006, 07:33 AM
The Pimmsler introduction to to Mandarin is a good CD set. No swearing though.

SPJ
01-26-2006, 08:48 AM
A couple more.

1. Xia Liu. down stream, way low.

2. Xia San Lan. same as above.

3. Wu Lai. not dependable.

4. Pi Zi. scoundrel, lie, trick, steal, etc.

---

Becca
01-26-2006, 12:09 PM
So if you dont' say a word in the correct tone you can end up saying something really bad. ;)
Phil
... Or realy funny:eek: :D

NorthernShaolin
01-27-2006, 12:00 AM
MK,

Here is what you want:

Cantonese:

http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/Cantonese.html

and for mandarin:

http://www.notam.uio.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/Chinese.html

MasterKiller
01-27-2006, 07:12 AM
chou ni ma de bi. :eek:

I gotta say, Chinese people have some potty mouths. I thought saying MutherFlubber allt he time was bad....

omarthefish
02-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Simon,

You're writing your Chinese name wrong. MY GF just took a look at your sig and asked my WTF it meant. I told here your explanation about your Chinese name and she laughed and said that the way you wrote it just meant "west gate" and didn't mean that. The villian you are thinking of was named 西蒙 not 西门。

One more questoin for the thread though, I think Coach Ross may be the only one here who can answer this for me.

What is "guai lo" in Mandarin?

鬼子?

洋鬼子?

白鬼子?

I can't figure it out and everyone keeps telling me different things.

鬼佬 ?

mantis108
02-04-2006, 12:38 PM
There are subtle differences in Cantonese usage of the terms describing the following thing:

a thing with a head but no brain
it has an eye but can't see
it hangs around with 2 nuts
it lives next door to an A Hole
it's best friend is a C..t

Ngon Gau - an erected c0c k but has no ho to stick into meaning stupid brute

Bunh Chat - when there is a ho and the c0c k don't even know how to get it meaning ultra dumb

Sei Ngun - when there is a ho but the c0ck just won't get up meaning impotant.

So next time you curse make sure you know what you are referring to and don't mess it up. ;) :D We don't want to be embrassed by it now, do we? LOL....

Mantis108

SimonM
02-04-2006, 07:45 PM
No, the Xi Men Qing thing is just a joke because the pinyin is the same and the pronounciation is almost the same (just a tonal difference and my tones are not perfect). My Chinese name is "West Gate".

GeneChing
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
A good friend just brought this to my attention. It only makes marginal sense to me as I don't watch Firefly, but it's certainly worth sharing here.

Firefly's 15 Best Chinese Curses (and How to Say Them) (http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/11/fireflys_15_best_uses_of_chinese_profanity.php)
By James Daniels in Daily Lists, TV
Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 8:08 am

​In just 14 episodes, Joss Whedon's sci-fi masterpiece Firefly managed to build one of the most devoted fanbases in all of nerd-dom. Properties like Star Trek or Doctor Who may have it beat in sheer numbers, but the Browncoats make up for this with their loyalty and tenacity. What is the secret of the show's appeal? Fans can and will explain the show's engrossing plotlines, fascinating characters, brilliant performances, realistic effects, and a unique visual aesthetic -- but if we had to choose one reason, it'd be the dialogue.

Whedon created a vision of a human future where mankind speaks English primarily, with Mandarin Chinese added, as one might say, for "flavor" (i.e., profanity). Not only did the use of Mandarin help inform Firefly's future setting, it also often allowed the characters to express themselves in terms too absurd, obscene, or outrageous to be spoken in English. Here then is a collection of 15 of Firefly's most, well -- absurd, obscene, and outrageous lines ever delivered in Mandarin Chinese. Much thanks to the Firefly-Serenity Chinese Pinyinary for the translations.

15) Stupid Inbred Stack of Meat
笨天生的一堆肉。・ BUN tyen-shung duh ee-DWAY-RO
On a visit to one of Mal's old Army buddies, Monty, on an uninhabited moon, Mal and crew encounter "Saffron", the beautiful con-artist who once tricked Mal into marriage, and nearly stole his ship (played by the absolutely magnificent Christina Hendricks); this time, she's taken the name "Bridget" and married Monty. A short tussle ensues between her and Mal (lucky *******) which Monty breaks up as Mal explains the details of their shared history. When Saffron, who had been denying everything, lets it slip that she knows Mal's name, Monty abandons her on the barren lunar surface. She screams this bit of Mandarin to the heavens as his ship departs. This phrase is also noteworthy for its use on the back cover of Serenity: The Official Visual Companion, where Chinese characters inform prospective buyers: "If you don't buy this book, your friends will think you're a stupid inbred stack of meat."

14) Cow Sucking
吸牛 ・ Shee-niou
While helping Simon and River first infiltrate, then escape from, a hospital on the affluent Alliance core world of Ariel, Jayne relieves a security officer of his sidearm: a non-lethal sonic rifle. He proceeds to attempt to use said weapon to blow open a locked door, to absolutely no discernible effect -- thus prompting this response: "吸牛 high-tech Alliance crap!"

13) A Baboon's *******
狒狒的屁眼 ・ FAY-FAY duh PEE-yen
During the big, climactic shootout with Niska's men in "War Stories," Kaylee was the only witness to River's terrifying proficiency with firearms (and her eerily nonchalant manner after killing three men in as many shots). Kaylee never said anything, but after River is discovered confusedly brandishing a loaded pistol, she fesses up and tells the crew what she saw that day. Jayne is understandably reluctant to accept Kaylee's version of these events, and expresses his incredulity by referencing primate orifices. Cow sucking and baboon *******s: We love Jayne.

12) Extraordinarily Impatient Buddha
真沒耐性的佛祖 ・ Jen mei NAI-shing duh FWO-tzoo
Inara enlists the aid of the Serenity crew when a wealthy, evil douchenozzle (one of the numerous wealthy, evil douchenozzles who populate the Firefly universe) threatens a brothel run by her old friend Nandi (the lovely Melinda Clarke). Anyhoo, Nandi and Mal start getting cozy during their preparations for the coming battle, and after examining her impressive guns (insert pun here) they engage in a little pre-firefight bedsport. Nandi uses this phrase immediately prior to giving Mal a yard of tongue. From what we have come to understand, the phrase is supposed to express Nandi's frustration with Mal's gentlemanly attitude. Apparently, the Captain had the Madam quite hot and bothered -- and she grew all the more bothered the longer he took to make his move. We don't quite get how describing an Asian religious icon's lack of patience is supposed to make for good pillow talk, but spoken in a husky whisper by the likes of Melinda Clarke, we figure a page from the phone book would probably sound erotic.

11) Dog ****ing
狗操的 ・ Go tsao de
More words of wisdom from the inimitable Jayne. When Mal and Zoe get delayed during a train job, Wash refuses to proceed to the scheduled rendezvous point where they would meet up with Adelai Niska, the arch-criminal who hired them (yeah, another wealthy, evil douchenozzle -- but this one's Czech). Jayne takes exception to this change of plans, and demands to know why they're not on their way to the "狗操的 rendezvous point" as he so eloquently puts it. Jayne Cobb: Mercenary Poet, this fall on AMC (you had your chance, Fox)!

10) Panda ****
熊貓尿 ・ Shiong mao niao
The Canton settlement on Higgins' Moon is populated by "Mudders" -- indentured peasants who harvest mud from the bogs for processing into ceramics. Their drink of choice is a concoction called "Mudder's Milk", a fermented beverage similar to beer with enough protein, vitamins, and carbs to keep the workers nourished, and enough alcohol to incapacitate them at night. When our intrepid crew pays a visit to Canton on a job, Jayne is recognized by the townsfolk -- who due to a complex set of circumstances erroneously believe him to be a hero (they built a statue in his honor and everything). It's at the local tavern where Jayne is outed by the Mudders, and once they ascertain his identity, the bartender yanks the bottle of "Milk" out of Jayne's hand, refusing to let the Hero of Canton drink that "熊貓尿" and pours him a glass of the best whiskey in the house (given the overall condition of the establishment, we assume that "best" is extremely relative).

9) Frog-Humping Son of a *****
青蛙操的流氓 ・ Ching-wah TSAO duh liou mahng
Simon plans a heist on a core world hospital as payment for the crew getting him and River access to equipment that may help Simon determine what the Alliance did to her. To pull it off, Mal, Jayne, and Zoe have to pose as EMTs. To make the ruse believable, Simon gives them a crash course in medical lingo. Mal finds this task rather challenging and uses this colorful phrase to express his frustration.

8) Stupid Son of a Drooling ***** and a Monkey
流口水的婊子和猴子的笨兒子 ・ Liou coe shway duh biao-tze huh hoe-tze duh ur-tze
River's having a bad day and she's understandably reluctant to allow Simon to take her to the Infirmary, given her past experience with medical facilities. After her refusal, Simon attempts to calm her with a sedative from his kit, which she relieves him of and tosses across the room, nearly hitting a rather perturbed Mal. For no particular reason, she babbles out these lines.

continued next post

GeneChing
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
from previous post

7) Have a ****-Throwing Contest with a Monkey
跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se
Another gem from the episode "Heart of Gold." When Nandi calls on Inara to ask for aid in repelling Rance Burgess, the aforementioned wealthy, evil douchenozzle, we learn that she and Inara trained together at the same Companion House, but Nandi was expelled and Inara was ordered to shun her. Nandi reminds Inara of this fact -- in response, Inara offers this constructive suggestion of what the House could do instead of telling her whom she can or cannot associate with.

6) Filthy Fornicators of Livestock
喝畜生雜交的髒貨 ・ Huh choo-shung tza-jiao duh tzang-huo
As a clergyman, Shepherd Book is usually denied the use of the kind of innovative vulgarity the rest of the crew enjoys. Sometimes, however, a particular sight inspires even a man of the cloth to throw down with the best obscenity slingers. Book offers this exclamation in response to crime boss Adelai Niska's reprehensible act of sending the Serenity's crew their kidnapped Captain's severed ear. Fun fact: the Firefly-Serenity Pinyinary offers translations of not only the entire phrase, but of the component words. We mention this in case anyone might be wondering if this translation is simply a more polite way of saying "Dirty Cow ****ers". It isn't. Foreign languages are fun, huh?

5) Motherless Goats of All Motherless Goats
羔羊中的孤羊 ・ Gao yang jong duh goo yang
Another slice of pure Mandarin what-the-****ery, this time from Wash, who has the honor of delivering some of the most outrageous Chinese dialogue this side of a Beijing mental hospital. Wash mutters this under his breath when he learns that Magistrate Higgins has put a landlock on the ship -- his consternation doesn't last long, for only a moment after noticing the lock, it was removed. Only Inara knows why (she was hired to deflower the Magistrate's son, and accomplished making a man of him a bit too well for the senior Higgins' liking).

4) Holy Mother of God and All Her Wacky Nephews
我的媽和她的瘋狂的外甥都 ・ Wuh duh ma huh tah duh fong kwong duh wai shung
This may be the most awesome phrase we've ever heard in any language; only its lack of vulgarity kept it from breaking the Top Three. Once again, it issues forth from the mouth of Wash. In "Our Mrs. Reynolds," we first encounter the deliciously devious ginger con-babe, Saffron. After leading Mal to the "Special Hell", she proceeds to the ****pit where she puts the moves on poor Wash. Only his devotion to Zoe keeps him from succumbing to Saffron's charms -- devotion that earns him a roundhouse kick to the head. This marvelous line is his singular response to Saffron's advances.

3) Shove All the Planets in the Universe Up my Ass
太空所有的星球塞盡我的屁股 ・ Tai-kong suo-yo duh shing-chiou sai-jin wuh duh pee-goo
More magic from the loquacious Wash, who is growing jealous of the bond between Mal and his wife, Zoe -- forged during their years in the war and the jobs they've pulled together. It's right after the Ariel heist, and the crew is enjoying the fruits of a profitable take. Wash thinks he had a better idea on how they could have unloaded their goods, and when he asks Zoe what she thought of his notion, she parrots Mal's rejection. Wash's frustration culminates in this off-color outburst.

2) The Explosive Diarrhea of an Elephant
大象爆炸式的拉肚子 ・ Da-shiang bao-tza shr duh lah doo-tze
Our penultimate entry is delivered by Mal, and once again, it draws its inspiration from the influence of Saffron. When Mal makes it clear that he's not interested in the accidental bond of wedlock he wound up in, Jayne, paragon of chivalry that he is, offers a perfectly reasonable deal. Jayne presents his most prized possession--a Callahan full-bore auto lock rifle with a customized trigger and double cartridge thorough-gage. He proposes an even swap, which by Jayne's reasoning is more than fair. This statement is Mal's assessment of Jayne's proposal, and really, who hasn't referenced explosive pachyderm feces when expressing complete incredulity? Happens to us all the time.

1) Holy Testicle Tuesday
神聖的睾丸 ・ Shun-SHENG duh gao-WAHN
This is one of the shortest phrases on the list, but makes up for word count with sheer outrageousness. Remember, these phrases are originally composed in English (though the idea that they pick random Mandarin phrases with no notion of what they mean is quite amusing, and not difficult to believe). Therefore, Ben Edlund and Jose Molina, the writers of this episode, had to go to the show's translator, Jenny Lynn, and ask her how to say: "Holy Testicle Tuesday!" in Mandarin Chinese. ****, we'd kill for a job like that!

As for context -- once again, Saffron brings out the most bizarre vulgarities imaginable in the Serenity crew: Mal and Saffron break into the palatial estate of Durran Haymer, an Alliance officer with an incredible collection of priceless antiques from "Earth That Was". These three words (or four in Pinyin) are how Mal chooses to express the impressiveness of Haymer's knick-knacks.

Lucas
11-29-2011, 04:31 PM
firefly was a good show. it ended before the story did, at fan request a movie was made to finish it all off named serenity. if you ever do find yourself watching it, watch the movie last.

Becca
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
"If wishes was horses, we'd all be eating steak." ~ One of the many, many highly quotable lines of dialog from Firefly.:cool:

Lucas
11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command." :D

Becca
11-29-2011, 06:42 PM
"We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode!"

Man, I could quote Jayne all day!

Jimbo
11-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't know if it's an actual cuss word, but if I remember right, "lao er", which literally translates as "old" and "two", is the equivalent of "d1ck." When I was teaching English in Taiwan, as a joke, some of my young students tried to trick me into saying it, telling me in English to say "Older Two" in Chinese. But they found out I already knew what it meant.

Biao zi (B!tch).

I was told that Bao Pi means ball sack or ball skin. I had a British friend over there who told me he misplaced either his wallet or fannypack (Pi Bao), and was looking for it on a crowded bus, mistakenly saying out loud in Chinese, "Where's my bao pi? I can't find my bao pi!" He said his Chinese friend was trying to shut him up.

I used to know some really bad stuff in Taiwanese, but have forgotten it. I left Taiwan nearly 19 years ago, so my Chinese overall is a bit rusty.