PDA

View Full Version : studying tai chi

SailSCA
05-01-2001, 03:45 AM
Everyone, I'm very interesting in studying tai chi under a master of the art. I live in Toledo, OH. Does anyone know where I might study (locally)?

I've trained in Tae Kwon Do and Chinese Kempo, but am looking for something a bit on the softer side. any recommendations would be helpful, I'm not opposed to relocated for someone who is truly a master. thanks!

:confused:
jakbquick@hotmail.com

Brad
05-01-2001, 06:56 AM
There's Tony Yang in Akron or Canton(can't remember which) who teaches a variation of Chen Style. He also teaches Baji Quan, Bagua Zhang and Xing Yi(?)both internal styles, Cha Quan, Praying Mantis, Piqua and Mizong Quan.

My teacher, An Tian Rong, is in Marengo(30 min. North of Columbus). He has over 50 years of experience in Chinese Martial Arts. He knows more than one style of Taiji(I think he's best at Chen style though). He also knows Bagua Zhang, Xing Yi, Baji Quan, Mizong Quan, Hong Quan, Praying Mantis, Piqua, Cha Quan, and Modern Wushu Styles.

There's also Nathan M. in Columbus(can't recall his last name at the moment). He learned Cheng Man Ching(sp?) Yang Style from William CC Chen, and Water Boxing.

These are the only one's I can think of who teach Taiji as a martial art in Ohio. Feel free to email me if you got any questions.

bradbauman@worldnet.att.net