PDA

View Full Version : 2006 San Fran Tourney...? any news?

Sow Choy
01-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi,

Anyone got any news on any Kung Fu tournaments in San Francisco this year?

I heard GM Lily Lau may host one, wanted to know if anyone heard anything yet...

Thanks...

Joe

Golden Arms
01-26-2006, 04:39 PM
I am pretty sure its going down, but I dont know the date yet. I hope they have some sort of full contact fighting there like they did last time she had one. Who all is planning on going?

Sow Choy
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
GA,

I also hope they have full-contact, have some fighters who would like to go...

If its on, I am pretty sure we will be there (Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut, Florida)

Joe

hskwarrior
01-26-2006, 05:30 PM
Joe,

Phone Disconnected Give Me A Day Or Two And I Will Call Lily Lau Myself.

Patience My Friend. And All Will Come. Patients.

Ah Mi To Fo!!

GeneChing
01-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Right now, the only local one I have to focus upon is Ray Delgado's Ultimate nationals. (http://www.tigerclawelite.com/RDK_Ultimate_National.html) It's part of our Tiger Claw Elite Championships, so there will be a Chinese division, but it's an open Karate event. There is sparring, but I don't think it's full contact.

There's a few others like Berkeley's and Intmat's, but I don't have dates yet. Those are form tournaments. Recently, we've seen a division in our area for Chinese tournaments. There's a few sanshou/smoker events that go down, but most of the Chinese tournaments are form only now, unless you count push hands.

Oso
01-26-2006, 08:49 PM
unless you count push hands.

who counts pushhands as sparring?

;)

Golden Arms
01-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I will always consider it if there is San Shou/San Da or something similar, anything less, its a waste of my money. I still laugh watching the forms and push hands guys take home 5 foot tall trophies and the like, then the san shou guys get crappy medals. However I also know they dont generally make their money from the fighters, so that dictates things. Go figure :P