PDA

View Full Version : koy moon

David Jamieson
01-26-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey guys.

so, the one set that I did not collect the lyrics for is open the door.

I searched here, but couldn't find that one, just the other 9 and the prelim sets.
If it wouldn't be too much trouble, can Gene or NS lay this set of lyrics out in this thread?

Or others if they got em? Thanks
:)

Fen
01-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Hope this helps David...

Wing Lam

KOY MOON: SHAOLIN #1 (Open the door)
1. Rolling the wrists, tiger sitting pose.
2. Phoenix circles its nest.
3. Immortals hand salute.
4. Spinning flower hand, single hook.
5. Sit in horse, listen to the wind.
6. Elbow strike to the heart.
7. Hook and upward block, horse position.
8. Sit in horse, listen to the wind.
9. Stealing a step, continuous flowing arms palm.
10. Right palm strike, left heel kick.
11. Hanging hand and leg kick strikes to face.
12. Slap the ground to raise the dust.
13. Grinding the stone mill leg sweep.
14. Close the small gate in low bow and arrow stance.
15. Black tiger runs up the mountain.
16. Hawk turns in flight, fishing pole pose.
17. Hook and upward block, horse position.
18. Left heel kick.
19. Mount Tai crushes the head.
20. Turn around, hook hand and left heel kick.
21. Hook and upward block, horse position.
22. Spinning wheel, continuous back step.
23. White horse flying kick.
24. Arm turns to hooking hand, left kick.
25. Double dragon spits its whiskers.
26. Turn around, finger jab with "cross" character kick.
27. Left and right single leg strike.
28. Double kick.
29. Back hook kick.
30. Right spinning tornado kick.
31. Catching the tiger pose.
32. Left spinning tornado kick.
33. Catching the tiger pose.
34. Grabbing hand and single palm.
35. Scooping the moon from under the water.
36. "Cross" character kick.
37. Back hook kick.
38. Right outside crescent kick.
39. Lion opens its massive jaws.
40. Turn around, hooking strike, fishing pole pose.
41. Catching the tiger pose.
42. Grabbing hand and single palm.
43. Left and right outside crescent kick.
44. Quick double hook.
45. Single arm right crescent kick.
46. Sparrow flies through the eaves.
47. Twin mountain peaks strike to the ears.
48. Golden rooster slaps its wings.
49. Single leg split.
50. Grinding the stone mill leg sweep.
51. Iron ox plows the field.
52. Spinning flower palm, left heart penetrating kick.
53. Spinning flower palm, right heart penetrating kick.
54. Flying kick, double cannon fist.
55. Left and right stealing step, lion holds the ball.
56. Left and right spinning palm flower, back step.
57. Side body slide, shaving leg strike.
58. Left and right golden scissors kick.
59. Stand up, right and left single leg kick.
60. Double kick.
61. Back hook kick.
62. Tornado kick.
63. Left and right crescent kick.
64. Turn around, left and right hanging hand and leg kick.
65. Itchy monkey catches the bee.
66. Slap the ground to raise the dust.
67. Tornado kick.
68. Iron ox plows the field.
69. Hero's single leg stance, spinning flower.
70. Back step, penetrating palm, finish form.

Jing Mo / Fen Kwoon
Exactly the same as what I learned which should be expected since we are of the same lineage of YSW. Some of the translations are a little different such as in:

#23 White Horse Flies its Hoof
#31,33 &41 Rush against Strike, Seize the Wagging Tiger's Tail
#46 Swallow goes thru the curtain
#47 Double Wind Strikes the Ears
#65 Monkey Disturbed by Itch, Catches the Bee

This set should have 36 kicking techniques (this also includes sweeps) with #46 being the 21st or 22nd kick.

Now LTH students do not have #46 as we do it. They have a Right Lotus Kick with a move just before it called Horse Arrives with Victory, Double Hooks with single kick to face.

They also call Catching the Tiger Pose or Seize the Tiger's Tail another name...Night Demon Searches the Sea, Seizes the Tiger which is really a completely different move in NSL #9.

~Jason

David Jamieson
01-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks man, much appreciated. :)

GeneChing
01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
the bsl thread for koy moon is still here... (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12467) :cool:

David Jamieson
01-26-2006, 07:36 PM
who's the new hotness in searching? You are ~G :D

I guess it's because "koy moon" was the search word i used and that's not in the title.

GeneChing
01-27-2006, 12:13 PM
When we did that big data transfer that wiped all the records of who posted the archive posts, we lost some search capabilities. We've never resolved that bug, so you can't search back to those old posts with the engine. You gotta do it the old fashioned way. You got to flip through the pages manually. Search engines make us lazy. Remember card catalogs? The Dewey Decimal system? Remember all you could discover on the way to find some answers? Most of the BSL lyrics are around page 40+ now.

Phil Redmond
01-27-2006, 12:42 PM
the bsl thread for koy moon is still here... (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12467) :cool:
If you're using Cantonese that should be Hoi Muhn. ;)
Phil

GeneChing
01-27-2006, 02:49 PM
I never got the hang of Yale or Cantonese. My BSL shifu spoke Cantonese and he spelled it Koy Moon, but it's not like he used any sort of formal romanization system. Can you give us all the ten in Yale?

Phil Redmond
01-30-2006, 06:46 PM
I never got the hang of Yale or Cantonese. My BSL shifu spoke Cantonese and he spelled it Koy Moon, but it's not like he used any sort of formal romanization system. Can you give us all the ten in Yale?
I understand that very well. My Sifu's first book was entitled "Bil Jee". It should have been (Biu Ji). Many WC people say larp (lop), tarn (tan), and gerk (geuk). Of course we all know there are no "R" sounds in Cantonese, right. ;)
Native Chinese have no need for Romanization so we Westerners end up with all sorts of spellings for Chinese words. I'm not sure what 'ten' you're refering to. There is a good site for Yale Romanization that I can't remember right now. When I find the link I'll post it. I prefer the Yale version over Wade-Giles because it's a lot closer to the pronounciation that I hear from native speakers. It's also what the U. S. Foreign Service Dept. uses.
Phil

GeneChing
01-31-2006, 11:43 AM
My BSL teacher was a Cantonese speaker from Hong Kong, so I was brought up with Cantonese martial terms. (My dad spoke hakka, which is an entirely different story and I picked up none of it beyond my surname). Unfortunately, Cantonese speakers are notoriously bad at applying a systematic form of romanization. His spellings were just seat-of-the-pants, like a lot of early kung fu. Unfortunately, these 'creative' spellings have precedence here in the USA. A classic example is with Wing Chun (aka Ving Tsun, et. al. ad nauseum) - in proper Yale, it should wihng cheun, but who the heck is going to use that? What would it be in Wade Giles?

Anyway, it's easier for me to work in Mandarin pinyin. I just have to do the conversion to Cantonese for southern styles.

The 'ten' is the Ten sets of BSL (Bak Sil Lum or in Yale, Bak Siu Lahm ;) ) I listed the ten sets in my e-zine article here (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=156). I'd love to see what those all are in Yale and in Wade-Giles.