PDA

View Full Version : Semen (or maybe sperm?) production enhancer? (off topic)

khinbu
03-28-2001, 03:51 PM
Anybody knows any multi vitamin or supplements or medicine that can enhance semen production? One of my friends suffer from being not fertile enough (is the term correct?), he has married for 6 years, and he hasn't got any child. He has been going to doctor for 3 more years, but no result. The problem is him, not his wife. Anybody have suggestions? He called me for help, but I know nothing about this. I haven't been married, yet.

Wish for peace

Water Dragon
03-28-2001, 05:43 PM
Tell your friend to stop wearing undewear. Seriously, it has something to do with temperature.

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

joedoe
03-29-2001, 01:46 AM
Tell him not to wank so much. Just kidding :)

Water Dragon has a good suggestion. The testicles require a temperature about 3-4 degrees celcius lower than body temperature for sperm production. That is why on hot days, your sac hangs a little lower (for ventilation) :).

Switching to boxer shorts can help, also sleeping without underwear is a good idea.

I have heard somewhere that zinc and magnesium supplements can help as well.

Does your friend have a weight problem? If so, losing some weight may also help as sometimes the body slows down reproductive processes if it is struggling with other processes (like digestion and fat burning).

Hasn't a doctor spoken to him about what he can do?

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

khinbu
03-29-2001, 12:29 PM
Yes, he's a little bit over weight (he is not MA practitioner, and he doesn't like sport).

I think he has got some suggestions from the doctor, and he did as suggested, but no result at all. Last time he was suggested to adopt a child, but he insisted that he must have his own child. I feel very sorry for him...

I think I will suggest him not to wear underwear...

What's the name of that supplement?

Wish for peace

joedoe
03-29-2001, 04:12 PM
Don't have the name of a particular supplement, but I've heard that zinc and magnesium are important, and I think you can get supplements for these.

If he is really overweight, ask him to try losing some. Also, I have heard that alcohol is bad and too much caffeine is worse. I heard about some study that showed that too much caffeine intake can inhibit sperm production. By too much I think you are talking about 8+ cups of coffee per day.

Ultimately though, if nothing works then maybe it wasn't meant to be :(

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Stranger
03-30-2001, 12:27 AM
They should track her ovulation cycle, use all of the aforementioned advice, and only have sex during her peak time (I think it is like 15days after her period ends). This way his reserves are full (he hasn't been wasting semen at unproductive times)and she is primed too (egg right where it has to be). Have sex as much as is possible during this time, and then start the cycle over. If she goes on the pill and then off it, her body will likely overcompensate hormonally, and she will be "extra-fertile" (multiple ovulations per cycle) for a brief while (fraternal twins often occur in this type of situation).

The Tao is an uncarved block of wood in which all shapes are possible.

Guandi
03-30-2001, 12:17 PM
>(I think it is like 15days after her period ends)

It is 14 days before the period begins and depending on the length of the cicle it is also 14 days (if the cicle is 28 days) after the period begins -- not ends. But you must calculate backwards. If her cicle is normally eg 25 days long, then her fertile time is 11 days after the beginning of her period.

Guandi

fiercest tiger
03-31-2001, 08:44 AM
tell your friend to not have hot baths, tight undies, and see a chinese Dr. one of my past students tried for 3 years and couldnt have kidds, he started kung fu and i intorduced him to chinese Dr, his girl was pregnant 2 months later.

not always western medicne works!

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

khinbu
03-31-2001, 03:13 PM
Good suggestion! I'll suggest him to try TCM... really good suggestion!

And thank you for all the replies...

Wish for peace

Qiman
04-01-2001, 01:34 AM
Smoking is also a way to cut the little swimmers down in number. Drinking and overall party lifestyle is bad news for sperm production.