PDA

View Full Version : a question for hskwarrior

pablitop
01-29-2006, 01:38 AM
hi hskwarrior, i was checking out sifu salvaterraīs website and i found out that in 2001 you were in china, and as i was checking the pics, i notices that during those days u trained with my sifu.

http://www.dragonrojo.net/China/China-2001/choy_li_fat_y_bai_mei_en_foshan.html

i donīt know if u remember my sifus'
their name are anibal tanus, ruben chavez and fernando menendez
actually iīm a direct student of fernando menendez (the red-haired guy)

i think they trained with Luo Zhihong... canīt really tell.

were u able to see OUR branch of choy lee fut?
i know that our forms are different from other branches although they may have the same name

it is nice to know that there is this sense of communitiy between choy lee fat schools

regards hskwarrior!

hskwarrior
01-29-2006, 10:12 AM
pablitop,

thanks for the introductions. i have posted a few more photo's of when we were in fut san with your sifu's.

yes i saw your branches choy lee fut and yes it has a few things that were different but remember we are all CLF and our basics are all the same.

so how is your sifu?

let me know what you think about the pictures.

hsk----FRANK:D

pablitop
01-29-2006, 11:31 AM
all of my 3 sifus are training hard as usual

fernando is taking vacations right now starting february

i really like those pics

the one i like the most is one that came out in a newspaper (fut san daily is it?)

u all look like the guys in the movie big trouble lin lil' china... the only one missing is kurt russell

hahahahah

;)

hskwarrior
01-29-2006, 11:36 AM
well you know we're family through our connections in fut san hsk so keep in touch. if they remember us please tell everyone there we say hello.

why didn't you go to fut san?

frank

pablitop
01-29-2006, 11:42 AM
iīll say u said hello and i will try to find out if they have more pics so i can pos them too!

i didīt go because i just started CLF in 2004... iīm a real newbie :p

i wish i could go some day

maybe i will be going to the states next year, if i go i hope i can visit ur shcool !

hskwarrior
01-29-2006, 11:50 AM
we would welcome you if and when you come.

your sifu's which one is learning from my sifu in fut san Lok Gee Hung (lou ZhiHung)?

So you started learning CLF in 2004 huh? so how do you like learning choy lee fut? what is your favorite techniques so far?

Frank

pablitop
01-29-2006, 12:04 PM
at first i was more into northern shaolin (the other style we learn at the school)
but actually i like CLF much more now
i feel it is more application oriented !

i really like sow choy, i think that if u can connect a sow choy the opponent will fall instantly!

but right now the technique i like the most is the tiger claw to the nuts

i also like like a lot the palmwork in CLF , iīve seen that there are a lot of palm strikes!

iīm sorry that i donīt know the exact names for the techniques

green_willow
02-04-2006, 10:06 PM
pablitop,

thanks for the introductions. i have posted a few more photo's of when we were in fut san with your sifu's.

yes i saw your branches choy lee fut and yes it has a few things that were different but remember we are all CLF and our basics are all the same.

so how is your sifu?

let me know what you think about the pictures.

hsk----FRANK:D

Good poses and all - but who's the best? the tall balck dude, the short Asian guy or the chic?

hskwarrior
02-04-2006, 10:12 PM
of course it was me.;)